• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Guys Burgers & Fries

How about Maple syrup on a raised donut followed by a sour pickle to refresh your palette, so you can eat more raised donuts with maple syrup.

Doc.
Funny how there are so many regional variations on names for food. I had to google what a "raised donut" was ... it seems to be what I would call a sugar doughnut. If so, then why would one need the pickle when there is double-double coffee? :whistling: I didn't know what a "sour pickle" was, either. "Kosher dill" (preferably Strubb's) seems to be the local translation.

Anyhow, crullers rule, eh? :thumbs:.

How about Maple syrup on a raised donut followed by a sour pickle to refresh your palette, so you can eat more raised donuts with maple syrup.

Doc.
Funny how there are so many regional variations on names for food. I had to google what a "raised donut" was ... it seems to be what I would call a sugar doughnut. If so, then why would one need the pickle when there is double-double coffee? :whistling: I didn't know what a "sour pickle" was, either. "Kosher dill" (preferably Strubb's) seems to be the local translation.

Anyhow, crullers rule, eh? :thumbs:.

Locally we call them glazed doughnuts or sometimes yeast doughnuts.

I had to Google Double Double coffee. OMG! Why not just go ahead and order chocolate milk?

I should have been more specific and said a plain raised donut. No glaze. Hardly would be necessary, considering. A sour pickle is just that, a sour pickle. No garlic, unlike a kosher dill.

Doc.

I should have been more specific and said a plain raised donut. No glaze. Hardly would be necessary, considering. A sour pickle is just that, a sour pickle. No garlic, unlike a kosher dill.

Doc.

No yummy icing or cinnamon and sugar coating?

I had to Google Double Double coffee. OMG! Why not just go ahead and order chocolate milk?
Sorry about that, I should have explained the term, given my previous post. It is almost one word to me because I'm, er, I was, usually half-asleep when ordering at Timmie's, e.g., "double-double-extra-large-Canadian-Maple." (a Canadian Maple is a creme-filled donut with a thick layer of maple-sugar icing on top. The "coffee" part is understood.).

As for chocolate milk, Timmie's does have hot chocolate, but a double-double hot chocolate is a bit too rich-tasting for me, kinda like a Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970.

Er, Tim Horton's is like Dunkin' Donuts, but in Canada. "Timmie's" = what people call Tim Horton's in Eastern Canada, except in Newfoundland, where stores are called "The Tim." Tm Horton's stopped making doughnuts and pastries in each store a few years ago (and dropped the apostrophe), so the food is industrial cr*p these days. (Tim Horton = Toronto Maple Leaf hockey player who died tragically in a car accident. Toronto Maple Leafs = joke of a hockey team for over 40 years now, but I digress :whistling:.)

Sorry about that, I should have explained the term, given my previous post. It is almost one word to me because I'm, er, I was, usually half-asleep when ordering at Timmie's, e.g., "double-double-extra-large-Canadian-Maple." (a Canadian Maple is a creme-filled donut with a thick layer of maple-sugar icing on top. The "coffee" part is understood.).

As for chocolate milk, Timmie's does have hot chocolate, but a double-double hot chocolate is a bit too rich-tasting for me, kinda like a Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970.

Er, Tim Horton's is like Dunkin' Donuts, but in Canada. "Timmie's" = what people call Tim Horton's in Eastern Canada, except in Newfoundland, where stores are called "The Tim." Tm Horton's stopped making doughnuts and pastries in each store a few years ago (and dropped the apostrophe), so the food is industrial cr*p these days. (Tim Horton = Toronto Maple Leaf hockey player who died tragically in a car accident. Toronto Maple Leafs = joke of a hockey team for over 40 years now, but I digress :whistling:.)

I ate at a Tim Horton's in Ohio. I thought the doughnut was okay but I didn't see anything to get excited about. If you are ever in Louisville, KY go to Nord's bakery on Preston St it is about one block north of Eastern Parkway. Once you have eaten their doughnuts, then we will have a frame of reference suitable to hold an informed discussion.

After I tased the doughnuts from Nord's, I drove past the Krispy Kreme and threw rocks at their building. There has been a bakery in this building for ninety years but this family has only ran it for fifty years.

what you guys need is taylor ham , egg and chesse with salt pepper catchup on top of a burger. Its amazing , I make them at my bbqs every year and even the skinny girls on diets end up eating 2 or 3 of them.

Wow, CP is fast becoming Food Lovers Anonymous. You guys sure love your food... Just don't go there and put yourself in that situation if you're trying to lose weight! And don't eat the fries. Sounds simple.

One of these just opened in Rochester. May have to take a visit at sometime. I've heard alright things about the burgers, but this is the first time I've heard about the fries. My friend's allergic to peanut oil, so he can't eat 'em. Oh well, more for me!

Wow, CP is fast becoming Food Lovers Anonymous. You guys sure love your food... Just don't go there and put yourself in that situation if you're trying to lose weight! And don't eat the fries. Sounds simple.

It is simple but not easy. Its similar to golf. Golf is a simple game, take this club, hit that ball into that little hole and whoever does it with the fewest hits is the winner but I doubt that very many here will say it is easy to play golf well.