• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Sticks always in the Humidor

chiefmd said:

Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro
Padron FR 45th Maduro
Anejo #50
DE Nica Rustica
Oliva Serie V
You like the nica rustica that much? I might have to revisit that cigar.

Its my go-to "second" cigar.  Any time I smoke two or more cigars, I frequently reach for a Nica.  They are interesting, never offensive or harsh, strong enough to punch through the previous cigar and cheap enough that if I decide I've had enough, I don't feel bad for putting it down.  

/Subscribing.

Great topic, boys. As I continue to build out my collection I think I may refer back to this list as a general guide. There are a few things here that aren't covered by the standard "top cigar" sort of lists. So thank you.

Illusione ~2~
Illusione Epernay
Quesada Espana
PLPC
Viaje Exclusivo

Nice question!

Illusione ~2~
Illusione Epernay Le Matin
Casa Fernandez Corojo Lancero
Padron 2000 Maduro
Vegas Robaina Famosos

Illusione 68
Illusione MK
Illusione MK Ultra
Tatuaje Noella
Tatuaje Angeles
Something Ashton VSG

fuck your 5  :laugh:
;)

I used to always have a full stock of my favorite Padrons and Fuentes but I've been a little disappointed lately. Just got some Don Carlos and am going to check one out soon. I am hoping that the Cameroon situation is over but don't have a clue. Always kept Heminway Sigs and Don Carlos 3, 4, and sometimes 2.

I always kept Padron Principes, Exclusivos, #35s, and #6. Oftentimes in both Natty and Maddy. None of them from my latest purchases have really rocked my socks. Not bad, but not as good as they were. Something ain't right. I'm starting to wonder if they are using too much of the previously allocated tobaccos for the stupid money gouging crap they've been peddling.

Illusione Epernay Le Matin - and other illusione epernay
Por Larranaga Encantos
Tatuaje Brown label - noellas thru cazadores, 10th anniversary etc.
Bolivar Petite Corona
Illusione Holy Lance Maduro - these are always a nice smoke when I have time for something longer

I'm smoking less now after sinus surgery and had planned to buy no more cigars, I have plenty. Even so, I recently bought boxes of PL Encantos (don't know if they will be around much longer), Le Matins and HL Maduro just to make sure I would have them put back resting for a while. Already have a number of various Tatuaje's put back sleeping.

The Noellas I'm smoking now that are just getting right are from July 2013.

Nice thread.

Well, I always have San Cristobal Fabulosos in the humidor, and have since they came out.  Anymore, whenever I think "Hmmm . . . a cigar would be good 'bout now" it's the San Cristobal I'm thinking of.

A lot of the rest of what sticks around is "2nd cigar" material as noted for the Nica Rustica upthread:

Bradley American torp
New World torp
La Antiguedad 'busto
Tatuaje Verocu
Illusione Ultra corona gorda

. . . which are all good cigars on their own merits, but selected because I not only like them, I can TASTE them after smoking a San Cristobal.  ;)

~Boar

858 sungrown
La Riqueza
El Centurion
Padron 64 maddie
Really starting to love the Crowned Heads line

Brian

The five you'll always find in my cabinet are;
PAM corona
Padron Lonsdale
Fuente 858 (thanks John)
Tat Regios
Monte 2

Trinidad Reyes
Padron 2000
Ashton Aged Maduro Churchill
Best Seller
L'atelier 52

Very cool topic.  My first venture into the CigarPass community is my 5...

Ramon Bueso, The Project
Varina Farms, Breakfast Blend
Gurkaha, Elegance
Macanudo
Quattro F55

Hello to all! My fave five are:

Alec Bradley Nica Puro
Oliva Serie V Especial
Montecristo Monte

Two infused (I keep going back to them!)
Drew Estate Java
Acid Toast

5 FFP's ...... Because I can't get myself to smoke them.

leoninos corojito (never try these? you must)
graycliff g2 maduro (great yardgar)
601 blue maduro
AF anejo
anything don pepin/my father

I'm not sure I'm at the point that I can commit to five yet, but so far I know I do want the following three on hand at all times:

Partaga d4
My Father Bijiou 1922
AF Hemmingway Short Story

And the current stand-ins to round out the top five:
Crown Heads - Jericho Hill - LBV
La Liga Privada #9

CMontoya79 said:
Light em up! As tomorrow is not promised today.
Life is a special occasion.
Wise words always bear repeating.

- 858 SG
- Sharks
- Don Arturo
- VSG Illusion
- Hemingway BS

Yep. My 'that's so 5 years ago' list definitely slants towards one particular maraca. When possible I intend to add Lusis and RASS to the list.

I've been the beneficiary of a couple inherited fully stocked humi's.

So don't feel that you have to smoke your best stuff.

(Someone will)   :thumbs: