• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Vegas...

christ0pher

hispanohablante
***I consider myself a newb cigar smoker

Picked up a 5er of 5 Vegas Corona off of Cbid a couple of weeks ago..Been sitting in the humi a week or so now...Sparked one up tonight and smoked till the band..waiting for something to happen - I've read ONLY good things about these. Somewhat smooth but warm smoke I thought - I even let it sit ALOT, thought I was drawing too often. Was the smoke hot or was it the body of the cigar? Am I just too much of a newb to "appreciate" it?

Thanks
Chris

edit. spelling :)

Hmmm can't say I have ever had that happen with them. The first I had was like a punch in the mouth, although it was the churchill. Now that I have had them around a while they have smoothed a little and are now very good but still strong.
Well soon enough we will have plenty of feed back on these as everyone in my pass got two. I was actually looking forward to the new gold version.

I've heard a lot of positive remarks about them myself. CI currently is selling a 5 vega gold cigar for roughly $60.00 or so. If you think you took too many hard draws, it's very likely that you marred your experience with this. Of course you will generate heat by puffing hard, though it sounds as if you did the right by letting it sit. Perhaps you started letting it sit a little too late ??? ??? Sorry to hear that it wasn't so good. I'd try another and then if that doesn't work-swear it off for good. :cool:

Deffently give them another try , Ive had a cigar out of a box that I loved, and went back a month later only to be disapointed, then the next one a couple weeks later was great again, I think there are to many variables , and not all of them just to do with the cigar. What your doing, who your with, if your outside, what the weather is like, your mood in general, alot of things can distract from an otherwise
great smoke.

Randy

I thought it had a really interesting flavor profile, but not one I'd care to repeat very often. A strange combination of strong and sweet....... :0

I got three of them in the otter box they sold. They weren't bad but I wouldn't buy them again. The surprising thing was that all five of the different cigars in the deal were good. My guess is they had all been sitting awhile and that helped.

I bought a box of torps about 2 years ago. First got them I thought they were on the mild side and bland. After 2 years in the coolerdor the flavor has improved a bit, still a mild cigar in IMO. I haven't bought any more...

Not everyone will have have the same opion of strength. Remember I do like a JdA in the morning with my coffee. :whistling:

I had a 5 Vegas with yellow cello from the cigar pass-it-forward pass. It was actually really good. Mild to medium bodied with some sweetness and vanilla undertones.

Mephiston said:
Maybe the box I bought was to new.
[snapback]160209[/snapback]​

I've heard that cigars mellow and develop more flavor with storage time and really haven't believed it until recently. I had some cigars that I've kept in the humidor for over eight months now and have been storing since I had just one that long ago. I cracked one out yesterday and it was nothing like I remembered. Wait six months if you can and then see what happens.

BTW-You have to check out the 5 Vega Gold. It's a new line they're opening up. I saw it in CI's recent magazine. It's a tad bit more expensive and has a nice gold band-anyone try one of those yet?

I think I am just going to grab a fiver and see how it goes. Looks good though.
The vegas in my pass are around 4 monthes old and already they are good.I really think this is a cigar to rest.

I smoked one of the 5 Vegas from Todd's pass during a poker game last week. Very nice smoke overall. I'm gonna age the second one for a while.