• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 years on CP and counting...

Congrats and best of luck with the shots---is it the Botox series? My mom had that for her herniated discs and it seems to have helped quite a bit.

~Boar

Botox...hahaha!!! All I know its a steroid base and will be done during some X-ray of my spine so the needle is placed just right. I have to jump through the VA Hospital hoops so they can say I've attempted all their known treatments. Then it will be to late since the problem will have gotten worse. Right now I am losing feeling in both my feet and this is getting worse each passing day. I've called and left messages for my Doctor. I've informed the Pain Clinic at the Houston VA Hospital. They had me see a Pain Psychologist today. Lets just say that was an interesting experience and still no treatment for whats going on. At this rate, I will be in a wheel chair next year if they keep dragging their feet.

Anyways...I will get off my soap box as none of this will change the fact I'm not getting the proper treatment I should be as a Disabled Veteran. But seriously...Botox.... :laugh:

Loren,

These are called "Facet Injections". Facets are the joints in your spine, which can become inflamed, and cause severe pain. They use a Flouroscope so the Anethesiologist can properly place several injections of a cocktail of Lidocaine and Cortizone. The Lidocaine is a diagnostic tool. If you have some immediate relief from pain from the lidocaine, that indicates that the facet joints are contributing to your pain, As I said, they did wonders for me. Some folks have one series, and never have a problem again. Wouldn;t that be grand?

Congrats Loren, here's to 5 more my brother.

5 years "old" already? I remember when you we a toddler..... :) Good luck on the back. I have had some back trouble of my own. A steroid shot did the work for me and now regularly see a chiropractor. Not sure the chiro is doing anything, but she's bubbly and attractive, so I will keep going. LOL! Congrats and one day we will smoke one or two together.

5 years "old" already? I remember when you we a toddler..... :)...Congrats and one day we will smoke one or two together.

I know its been a crazy ride and has flown by pretty fast. I have been talking about taking a road trip around the good ole USA. Kinda like 48 States in 48 days type of thing. Maybe a few days more to squeeze in a few herfs between the East Coast to the West Coast. :D Only time will tell. :thumbs:

Mr Peat, first of all congratulations on 5 years! Secondly, from one young vet to another vet, Thank You very much for your service. As a suggestion to help with your back pain, and this is "help", not relief, look into the 5 Finger Shoes. They look funny and it is like walking around bare foot, sort of, but between being on my third deployment, being Airborne, and humping many pounds of gear (my vest alone weighs 67 lbs fully loaded) I have a lot of lower back pain. Mine is no where near as severe as yours, but when I heard about them I started looking into them. I talked to a few people that have them and they said that after a few weeks they started noticing a big difference. I am now waiting on mine to come in. Read up and see what you think. They might help you also. Again Thank You and congrats on 5 years. :thumbs: