• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

500 Posts! 3 years!

I wanted to say Todd-AO but they don't exist in a business sense but do as a brand name so I'm torn but I'll stick with that.

Congrats on the anni!

Wow. The fact that you know Todd AO is pretty amazing. Not many people know the post production companies.

Congrats on the milepost!

I'll guess Orion.

I know I've heard you say it but I can't remember what company it was. I'm guessing Deluxe.

And, Chico, yeah that commute sucks. I commuted from the SFV to Century City (MGM) for over 2 years. I don't miss that commute at all!

I know I've heard you say it but I can't remember what company it was. I'm guessing Deluxe.

And, Chico, yeah that commute sucks. I commuted from the SFV to Century City (MGM) for over 2 years. I don't miss that commute at all!

You were at MGM? I worked there from 2002 to 2004. Then moved over to Ascent Media, the corporate umbrella for Soundelux, Todd AO, etc.

Funny that Technicolor is getting mentioned as we tried to sell bits/pieces of our company to them. Both Ascent Media, and Technicolor are in Burbank right by the Yahoo building.

I dream in Technicolor.

You were at MGM? I worked there from 2002 to 2004. Then moved over to Ascent Media, the corporate umbrella for Soundelux, Todd AO, etc.

Funny that Technicolor is getting mentioned as we tried to sell bits/pieces of our company to them. Both Ascent Media, and Technicolor are in Burbank right by the Yahoo building.

Seriously guys?!!! SERIOUSLY?!! LOL. Ya gotta make this hard on me, dont ya...

I guess Brent gets the win since he stated it first! You both named it without directly guessing it, but its up there now, so I gotta end the contest. I work at Technicolor!

I started as a temp there in '06 and left in '08. Worked in their financial depts (even though I studied film in college), I find it funny that Vortex guessed Orion as that company was bought by MGM a long time ago. I still have friends that work there and have gotten inside perspectives about the buy out by Spyglass (who I interviewed with but never got the job. Bastards!).

A buddy of mine worked for Todd AO years ago, I think sometime in the late 90's~early '00s. Small world!

Brent,
I will have your package in the mail on Saturday. Will follow up with a DC as soon as I have it.

-Billy

Congratulations on the milestones, Billy. You're a great BOTL!

Nice going Brent and thanks to Billy again for running the contest.

I did not see what you say you actually do there Hobbs?

Nice going Brent and thanks to Billy again for running the contest.

I did not see what you say you actually do there Hobbs?

He ruins all those classic black and white films by coloring them in with a crayon. :laugh:

Glad to have you here Hobs!
Congratulations on the anni.

I thought for some reason you worked at Panavision....

Edit to add...

Screw Sneeds,
sign.gif

What the heck do I know, lets try Lionsgate.

Since you didn't limit it to one guess, I will close with DreamWorks or Orion (I like that white horse).