• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

6 years

I joined CP winter of 08. I joined because I searched around and CP had the best people around, the most knowledge and the friendliest. I too stepped on my wiener and was helped out and guided in the right direction to read more and post less by Jonathan "SoulDog" Montoya. It helped that we shared the same last name. Lots of other great BOTL slapped me upside my head and even though I was sincere in my request, I was able to get assistance elsewhere of what I was seeking, realizing that there is a proper decorum to follow here for a reason.

Congrats on the anny.!

Did I win?

Knew that was coming.

Congratulations on the Anniversary.

I found the place a while ago and wanted to see what other real people thought about various cigars and get some knowledge about them from sources other than magazines and such.

Happy Anniversary! I came here because a member made a post on another forum I belonged to about cars. I believe that member was AlexGTP. He had a lot of nice things to say about this community for anyone who was interested in cigars, and the rest is history!

Well folks the time has come, and my wife has randomly chosen #17. So that means, Barry, you are the winner! PM me your mailing address and I will get you your winnings before the coming week is through.

Thanks all for the wishes, heres to many more years for all of us here on CP!

Glad you joined us, brother. I had belonged to a few forums that all had moderator problems. I liked the "self-moderated" aspect right off the bat. Other forums had so much drama that didn't serve the interests of the members and much of it was due to the very people who, in theory, were supposed to prevent it. Also, the members who gravitated here tended to have a more sensible and friendly character as a result, I believe. The drama seekers/causers were quickly flushed by the members. At CP, bullshit walks!

Thanks, Greg! I failed to provide a join-up story though, so here it is:

I was lurking in the CA forums in spring 2008 when the whole Padilla/Pepin split began. Someone there posted a link to a Cigar Pass thread detailing a better conversation about it over here. I surfed on in and started lurking. I began posting when someone asked for advice on any good B&Ms in Little Rock, AR.

Glad you are here; it is a good place to be.
Happy Anniversary!