• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

60% Heartfelt Beads

viper139

The Bead Guy
Over the last few months I have had inquiries about 60% Rh beads from numerous folks. They are used for dry boxes or normal storage of cigars by some. Since I have had requests I am going to add 60% beads to the lineup at my webstore. They will be available in all of the sizes and containers I sell. Just FYI.

viper139 said:
Over the last few months I have had inquiries about 60% Rh beads from numerous folks. They are used for dry boxes or normal storage of cigars by some. Since I have had requests I am going to add 60% beads to the lineup at my webstore. They will be available in all of the sizes and containers I sell. Just FYI.
[snapback]280835[/snapback]​

Awsome Dave. They work great. :D

Sweet! I've been asking for these for years. My order will be forthcoming.

Nice to see the addition!!! Thanks Viper!!!

I'm sure this question has been asked before but perhaps someone can give me the nutshell answer.

What will the humidity be when you mix 60% an 65% beads?

emodx said:
Troll!!! Depends on the ratio silly.
[snapback]282173[/snapback]​

Ratios? I ain't doing no math this Sunday! :p

Seriously though, if that's the case, then this would be a great way to tailor different tuppers for different needs. I'd love to set up a 63% case for ready-to-smoke Habanos.

Hey Wilkey,
Here's an answer from Viper on mixing 65% and 70% beads. It should apply the same way with 60% and 65% beads:

viper139 said:
I guess I will clarify.

The 70% beads will work at keping the Rh up at the 70% level. When they give off moisture to get to the 70% level the 65% beads will absorb the excess moisture trying to keep the Rh down at 65% until they become filled with moisture. During this time the Rh will be closer to 70%. As soon as the 70% beads run out of moisture the Rh will drop pretty quickly to the 65% level and the 65% beads will take over.
[snapback]245873[/snapback]​

Strayvector said:
Hey Wilkey,
Here's an answer from Viper on mixing 65% and 70% beads. It should apply the same way with 60% and 65% beads:

viper139 said:
I guess I will clarify.

The 70% beads will work at keping the Rh up at the 70% level. When they give off moisture to get to the 70% level the 65% beads will absorb the excess moisture trying to keep the Rh down at 65% until they become filled with moisture. During this time the Rh will be closer to 70%. As soon as the 70% beads run out of moisture the Rh will drop pretty quickly to the 65% level and the 65% beads will take over.
[snapback]282175[/snapback]​

Interesting. This means that putting beads of two different humidities into a humidor will eventually revert to the lower humidity level. In other words, it's a dynamic situation until the higher humidity beads run dry then the lower humidity beads take over. Is this how you'd interpret it, Sam?

That's quite a different scenario.

Strayvector said:
Hey Wilkey,

viper139 said:
I guess I will clarify.

[snapback]282175[/snapback]​

Yep, the end result is the same just at the different Rh of the different beads.

Sounds right. In the end you end up with saturated 60% beads and dry 65% beads. There is also the scenerio that the 60% beads are oversaturated and you end up with 65% humidity in the humidor. Either way, you end up with the humidor at one end of the spectrum or the other.

Thanks Viper another hit :) those 65% are doing great that I will have to try the 60% for some puros aging.

Although to be perfectly honest even after rereading the explanations I'm still confused ??? I'll just keep out the mixing of beads :sign: