• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

70/70 rule for Humi's

DanLAXX1

I bought a humidor a couple of weeks ago and I'm having trouble maintaining it. Right now it's at 61%/63Farenheit. What do you guys suggest to bring it up to 70/70? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
-Dan

Of the few humidors I own, all inexpensive units, I find I have to wipe down the inside with distilled water quite of few times before things get worked out. Where are you keeping the thing stored to get a 63 degree reading. Is your hygrometer accurate? I did receive a humidor as a gift that was so poorly constructed it never could keep 70%. I wound up finding its way to the bottom of an igloodor.

One thing to remember if you are going to do the wipe down thing is to not saturate the wood. A cheaper humidor has the very distinct possibilty of warping if it gets too wet and stays too wet for a period of time. I would not wipedown the lid at all for this reason. I won't matter on bit how well you egt it seasoned if the lid is warped and doesn't provide a seal.