• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

9/11 A Day For Reflection

Smoking Mex

Fuma Lo Que Te Gusta
Unfortunatley another year has passed in what seems like just yesterday. To honor all of our fallen heroes and, those still fighting the war on terror to keep us strong and free to be able to enjoy life's simple pleasures like cigars. I would like to ask all of you to take a moment today and remember those who have fallen. A day like to today should never be forgotten and may God bless all of our men and women who continue to put their lives on the line for us. Thank you for your courage and bravery, God bless America and all of you.

Adrian

Well said Adrian. There are many families that have lost loved ones in the fight against terrorism, kindly remember those that have given their lives and those that still fight.

Ken

It's a gray rainy day today in the city a sharp contrast to that day six years ago. Not a day goes by that I don't think about those that lost their lives on that day and the ones since. My they have peace and may we find peace in the future. Driving in today I thought of the sequence of events of that day and how it has changed our way of life forever.

I was in my second period class. The teacher's cell phone kept ringing, he finally answered and kept saying "You're kidding!". Then he turned on the TV and we saw it. First thing I did was call my mom.

I was in my second period class. The teacher's cell phone kept ringing, he finally answered and kept saying "You're kidding!". Then he turned on the TV and we saw it. First thing I did was call my mom.

Actually I was in class too, I heard some other people talking about it and I thought it was just some stupid joke. Then the panic in there voice became very real and we turned on the TV. I really remember how quiet it was, all day in school and even out on the streets. We went out for dinner that night just to grab a sandwich at the local tavern and I thought it was even odder that the place was actually full. I guess no one wanted to be alone that day. Still dead quiet.. Of all the bad things that came out of that day I will say it allowed us all to just be human beings, race, gender, age it didn’t matter. Just human beings.

I was at work, in the finance industry, so there were TV's all over the sales floor. Within minutes of the first plan e hitting, we were all standing around watching. I called my father, who works a block from ground zero...he was OK, but we couldn't locate my older brother, who lives a block on the other side (Battery Park City) turns out he was stdning directly underneath where the first plane hit. That was the last we heard from my family for hours. My brother ran home, and found his wife in the apartment just as the second plane hit. She was supposed to be at work already at windows on the world, but was late, as she was looking at a new puppy on the internet. Every one of her coworkers who was in th restaurant already lost their ives. They boughthat dog...it had already saved her life. My father ran outside to meet them to get the ferry to NJ, but was caught outside as the first tower fell...he dove behind a van and destroyed his knee. THe governemnt has offered to pay him, but he feels the money could do much more good elsewhere. My father, brother, and sister in -law were all evac'd to NJ, where they were all able to get word out that they were OK.
I went home, before I had heard from them again, and my ex-wife (still married at the time) was just getting out of the shower. I asked her if she had turned on the TV yet...she said no, and I told her, but started crying...it is one of the worst memories of my life...having to explain 9/11 to her, as it was happening, while not kowing where half of my family was. We turned on the TV, and that is when we got the call that everyone was OK.

God bless all of you, and all of humanity.

I was on a delivery at my old job. The radio show I had on was full of idiots always pulling stupid jokes. I had parked the car and was about to get out when they said a plane hit the Towers. I figured this was another of their stupid jokes, went inside and dropped the order off.

I get back in the car, and they're still talking about it. And that's when the second plane hit, while they were watching it on the TV in the studio. The way they reacted as it was happening, I knew this was no joke. I made my next delivery, and just stood in the lady's house for like 15 minutes watching it on TV with her.

I was in school too, the rest of the day was a blur!!! God Bless America!!!!

343 - The number of brothers I lost that day. Two of which I knew personally. It takes a man of iron to run into something like that while everyone else is running out. There were no questions asked. There were no stragglers. 343 Firemen lost their lives in the hopes of saving many more. They accomplished that mission. The 3,000 people killed that day would have been much higher if those 343 and their surviving brothers had not come to the rescue.

That day made me proud to be a firefighter, even if a volunteer. I'm not brave or strong on my own. But with my men, we are invincible even in death.

Please turn your headlights on today. I noticed only a small percentage of people had them on this morning.

Lest we forget.

I was in a meeting at work that started at 9. We had heard rumors about what had happened but noone knew the extent of it. I'll never forget how the senior manager bust into the meeting room and told us what was going on and just said "go home". I was in daze walking back to my place that day thinking about what had just taken place. Scary to think of still.

I'll never forget that day. Being fairly young, I never really had experienced horror like that I felt on 9/11/01. The only war my generation had seen was a TV show broadcast from a far away desert. The gravity of the "real world" came crashing down upon us that day and changed our outlook on life forever.

God bless all the innocent lives lost that day and those that protected and saved the ones who did not perish.

Many thanks and blessings go out to those men and women still fighting to protect us all.

Thank you to all the first responders. Those who were there, those who paid the ultimate price, and to those who continue to dedicate their lives to saving lives.

Also, thanks to all those men and women in our military, past and present, who also dedicate their lives to the protection of freedom.

- Jason

On this day of remembrance, it is important to remember. It seems that in the six years that have past since that most horrible day the people have lowered their flags, stopped holding hands, and grew more decisive. People stopped caring about America, and started caring about their own ideology. The terrorists have said that they will attack again when the fever lowers, and I am afraid to say that the fever has lowered. Americans no longer think about an attack with every beat of their heart, in fact I would venture to say that many Americans dont think about the possibility of attack every day. This is a problem, because as the memories fade, the future still lingers, and that future will, eventually and unfortunately bring another attack from the Islamo-fascists.

RIP to all those killed in September 11th, and particularly to me Captain Jason Dahl, the father of one of my High School friends, and the Captain of the plane that went down in Pennsylvania. And thanks to our Millitary both here and abroad fighting for our country, and our ability to live our lives in freedom.

The American people must use this day to reopen their fears, reopen their awareness, as these past 6 years without an attack can not last. I wish I was wrong, but I know in my heart that I am right.

This is a very somber day around the Garcia household. Being a military family, we are constantly reminded about why we do what we do. I joined fresh out of high school because I wanted to get back at those that stole something from this country that is extremly hard to replace. Security. As much as we try, security will always be an issue in the eyes of the American people. The security blanket that once was had been pulled away and left us feeling very vulnerable. I don't do what I do for recognition or praise. I joined for my state, friends, family, and country. That is why it is very hard for me to accept thanks from fellow BOTLs. Thanks for letting me say what I had to say.

Lurch

I was there, evacuated from 4 NY Plaza after watching the second plane hit tower 1 in front of me and having the remains of that building fall on top of us.

Never forget.

Fish

May every member of Al-Qaeda rot in Hell...

Bitter? nawwwww, not me. I was on duty, sleeping peacefully at the fire station (time zone difference and all) when our dispatch did an all hands callout and annouced what was happening. All tv's were turned on, and everything stopped. No chores done, no fire trucks washed... just stone cold silence. I stayed at the station after my duty shift ended, and we just stared at the screens. If a rig went out on a call, they were out of the truck and running for the TV before the rig was fully stopped when backing in after the call.

I still cannot watch the towers fall in news segments. Even being thousands of miles away, I know that 343 of my brother firefighters died doing what we love to do... help people. And I know that it could have very easily have been me or any of my crew.

So yeah... May every member of Al-Qaeda rot in Hell. I'm saving a Twin Towers OpusX for the announcement that Osama is worm food (thanks Moki :thumbs: ) and I'll be dancing in the street smoking it.

So far I would also like to thank those of you who have shared your stories in this thread. Individual accounts make a majority later, much the same way I think of the fighting spirit of all Americans. We may be defeated in small quantaties be get us all together and you are f*cked. Although I may be Mexican by heritage, I am American by choice and all of your stories afirm our commitment to live free and unafraid. :thumbs:

I was driving to work, and my normal talk radio station was interrupted with the national news broadcast of the events as they unfolded. I only had audio descriptions of what was happening until I got into work that Tuesday morning. When I did, everyone was tuned into the TV in complete shock.

I will never forget that day, even though I was thousands of miles away. Like most Americans, I felt the pain of all when it happened, because it hit America as a whole. Many of the people who died on Flight 93 were from the Bay Area, and that hit pretty close to home seeing all the loving people who lost their lives in and around my hometown.

May people never forget.......Let's roll.

I am amazed at the people who have commented so far on the thread about actually being affected by 9/11. All of you guys have my complete respect and admiration for going through such a tragic and momentous event. I, truthfully, could not imagine how I would cope with seeing this in first-person.

I was a high-school senior in 2001 and could not, and still can't, fully appreciate the loss suffered on that day. Every single person was a friend, brother, sister, son, daughter, father, or mother to someone and because of that, those loved ones were robbed of a treasured part of their life that can never be brought back.

A heartfelt thank you to all of our brothers on this board and to all the first responders serving in our country! Your continued service and remembrance of those lost is an inspiration that is not lost, nor will it ever be, on me.

As a newb here, and a retired Gunnery Sgt. of our beloved Corp I have been hesitant to post here today for many reasons. i was simply not sure what to say nor how to say it. Mere words for me are not enough, to try and explain how i feel. Many of my brothers have gave all, in this fight, and thousands of my fellow countrymen were robbed of a life with family and friends. I am in constant sorrow for the families and friends of those who have suffered loss due to the most cowardley attack on American soil in the history of the world. This day will go down in history as one that shall never ever under any circumstances be forgottten. This da has changed us forever on how we or i look at other people from foreign lands, and for that i will not apologize, you rattled this big dogs cage, and have awakened an angry giant that will avenge all who stand in it path. You have made us what we are, and you will feel the wrath of a nation that will hunt you down until the end of time and you are wiped from the face of the earth in what i hope to be the most horrible and violent manner ever cast upon anyone or any nation that would dare to commit such a cowardly act.

In Memory Of Those Who Gave All,

Gunnery Sgt. Meyer
Retired
United States Marine Corp