• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A cigar for the bar...

Get in, Strap in, STFU and Don't Touch Nothin!
A little background here to start. I have smoked cigarettes since I was 15 and am now 22. My son was born this August and I told the wife I would quit smoking cigarettes if I could keep smoking cigars. She agreed and so this is when I seriously got into cigars. It took a little while but I have now not had a cigarette in over a week and the cravings aren't killing me anymore.

Here's is the problem/question. I enjoy going to the bar and where there is a bar there is drinking. Where there is drinking there is smoking and I know that is where it is going to hit me hardest. As long as I don't break down and smoke cigarettes between now and the time I get home next month, I'll be that much better off for being able to resist the urge to smoke a cigarette at the bar. But I know me and once I've been drinking and reach the point where I'm toasting with the guys, it will hit this point where I'm no longer operating in my own mind. LOL. At which point I will be unable to say no to a cigarette or anything else for that matter.

So I'm looking for a cigar that would be good for going to the bar. Something with a smaller ring guage and preferably $3.50 or less a cigar. Knowing me I'll go through two or three or more at the bar. As far as my tastes I'm still learning but I love anything Pepin so far. Also I'm a Budlight drinker. I do whiskey in moderation or not at all due to the fact it seems to cause flashbacks and I become uncontrollable in a bad way. Last time I drank my beloved Jack Daniels was over a year and a half ago because of that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Some that I've seen so far are:

Cabaiguan Petite--$3.50 a stick
5 Vegas Classic Panatela--$2.65
A. Fuente Cubanitos--$17.50 for a tin of 10

Those were just me searching. I have had the Cabaiguan and 5 Vegas in different vitolas but not the A. Fuente. I'm sure there are more out there so throw me your suggestions.

for about 4.00 a stick you can get a box of Pepin black perla's, which would be perfect IMO for what your looking for them for.

3/82?

A little background here to start. I have smoked cigarettes since I was 15 and am now 22. My son was born this August and I told the wife I would quit smoking cigarettes if I could keep smoking cigars. She agreed and so this is when I seriously got into cigars. It took a little while but I have now not had a cigarette in over a week and the cravings aren't killing me anymore.

Here's is the problem/question. I enjoy going to the bar and where there is a bar there is drinking. Where there is drinking there is smoking and I know that is where it is going to hit me hardest. As long as I don't break down and smoke cigarettes between now and the time I get home next month, I'll be that much better off for being able to resist the urge to smoke a cigarette at the bar. But I know me and once I've been drinking and reach the point where I'm toasting with the guys, it will hit this point where I'm no longer operating in my own mind. LOL. At which point I will be unable to say no to a cigarette or anything else for that matter.

So I'm looking for a cigar that would be good for going to the bar. Something with a smaller ring guage and preferably $3.50 or less a cigar. Knowing me I'll go through two or three or more at the bar. As far as my tastes I'm still learning but I love anything Pepin so far. Also I'm a Budlight drinker. I do whiskey in moderation or not at all due to the fact it seems to cause flashbacks and I become uncontrollable in a bad way. Last time I drank my beloved Jack Daniels was over a year and a half ago because of that.

Those were just me searching. I have had the Cabaiguan and 5 Vegas in different vitolas but not the A. Fuente. I'm sure there are more out there so throw me your suggestions.

3/82?

Yes 3/82. How'd you know?

JLP Cremas or some Crack N Milds :D
Trying to kill me? :sign: :laugh:

First of all, put the Jack down and go HERE and pick yourself out a good bourbon. Drink less, drink better. Secondly, try some of the perla sizes. Both foreign and domestic ones are pretty good. I've got some coming in in a week or so from now. PM me your addy and I'll get some smaller ones out to you.

worked in MND-B G9 until august

3/82?

How about little cigars? Once you've been drinking a bit at the bar, they're not too bad. Take the Cheyenne Lights. They're $1.49 for a pack of 20 here in town and they'll get ya out of a bind. Although they're awfully close to being a cigarette.

CLICK ME

I once read on here somewhere:

Any cigar is a good cigar in times of no cigar.

Nice job Clint. You're a solid dude.

As far as the tiny cigars, I second the DP Black Perlas, or the 1932 perlas. IMO, the 1932s leave less of a bitter taste, but are equally delicious as their big brothers.

First of all, put the Jack down and go HERE and pick yourself out a good bourbon. Drink less, drink better. Secondly, try some of the perla sizes. Both foreign and domestic ones are pretty good. I've got some coming in in a week or so from now. PM me your addy and I'll get some smaller ones out to you.
:whistling: That's a lot of choices in bourbon. Will check do some reading and pick up a bottle or two when I get stateside. Also I appreciate the generosity. PM will be in bound.

worked in MND-B G9 until august

3/82?

Roger that! :cool:

Don Lino Africas come in a small size, called a "Kuba" iirc, that come 4 to a tin in about your price range and are a damn fine little cigar. Slightly bigger ring gauge than "Juniors" like the Rocky Patels that are 5 to a tin, and about a 20 minute, very satisfying smoke.

~Boar

The La Flor Dominicana Carajos are a great small smoke. They are usually 3 - 3 1/2 bucks a piece.

Consuegras are a constant favorite in the sup $3 price range. There are literally TONS of sizes, enough for every situation and then some. They're available from JR Cigars. They're basically extras/seconds from the NC punch/hoyo/etc lines.

I always pitch the Por Larranaga Cuban Grade as the best stick for the price IMHO because it's got good flavor without being too powerful. You could smoke three or four of these a night while drinking beer and not feel like shite in the morning. I have recently found the Gispert Maduros to be pretty tasty with a beer.

All good suggestions! May I throw in my .02?

I like Bandidos, Makers Choice (natural or vanilla) and/or Havana Clasico Pequenos from CI. They all share the same thing, no binders, so they ALWAYS draw easily like a cig, yet have some great tobacco taste. PLUS, you can just throw them in your shirt pocket without worrying about smashing them. '

You can also go on CBID and try to get them cheaper. I bought some Shrapnel Sweets, but they resemble doobies and only last about 5-8 minutes.

Those tiny, little ring gauge cigars sure look different when you finally look at them.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. This definitely helps give me a broader idea of what to look at. :thumbs:

Consuegras are a constant favorite in the sup $3 price range. There are literally TONS of sizes, enough for every situation and then some. They're available from JR Cigars. They're basically extras/seconds from the NC punch/hoyo/etc lines.

x2

Connie #9 maduros were the first bundle I bought. I still have a handful of them kicking in the humidor with some real yellow cello! A tasty go-to smoke, and one that I don't mind giving to people just wanting to try a cigar.

I'm sure glad I never got into cigarette smoking.

I've seen this before. Using cigars, even the tiniest of cigars, to help break away from cigarette smoking has never worked out well that I have seen. Here's why: Cigars are expensive by comparison. The little ones too.

The thing is, those who substitute cigars for cigarettes seem to begrudge the giant price bump over time. You get twenty smokes per pack/box of cigarettes and no cigar can compete with that price. Each time I've seen this substitution, the smoker never seems to slow down their smoking frequency enough to make this price and product adjustment 'worth their while'. Compare the cost of a pack of cigarettes vs the cost of a box of cigars (no matter how tiny the vitola). The sheer economics of it is slanted towards the cigarettes. The habit is slanted towards the cigarettes. It's a rough proposition.

To quit smoking cigarettes, one has just gotta quit smoking for the sheer habit of it. Cigar smoking is a hobby of enjoyment. A pricey hobby if done with frequency. Trading cigarettes for cigars (of any size) is a bank breaker over time. Cigars are best if enjoyed slowly for their own merits - not 'cause one is fiending for nicotine.

I'd say if one can drink without any 'need' for smoking, then one is on the path to enjoying cigar smoke on its own merits.

Good luck.

what about getting tins. I know they can be $6-7 a tin and each tin has 20 sticks, which is better than your local B&M (mine sells it for 20 a tin, ouch), but theY are similar is size to cigars (slightly bigger). They sell 10 tins for about 59.99 to 64.99 for 10 tins.

tins under hand made cigars, choose tin mania.

Stay the hell out of bars if you really want to quit cigarettes. Alcohol makes you weak, but you already knew that.

Doc.