• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A contest of the imagination....Pics Added!

World's largest...

imageskidsballpit-small.jpg

... the shark is optional, but I think it adds character. :thumbs:

Below ground appt. for the grown kids. When I moved back in after school I was banished to the garage appt. until I could afford my own place...

Dig a tunnel from the street to the pool so you can park your batmobile in it.

Edit to add:
Of course you'll also have to build a cover for the bat-cave, one that you can plant grass over top so that no one will stumble upon your secret.

Sounds like the perfect mass grave for all the a-hole bankers, CEOs, and politicians whose greed destroyed our economy.

Or the batmobile idea...I like that one too.

Do a sort of Cheech and Chong thing, except grow tobacco! There is a thread on growing your own tobacco after all. The brown could be the rich loam of NW Cuba! :)

Joe,

I like the idea of a Koi pond, but I have to think in Florida it may turn into more of a nest for bugs to grow life size and eat you.

Also, on a practical level I wonder if just repainting it and keeping up the pool for property value is in your best interest.

However, since neither of these is very fun, I do have this to offer:

For some time now, Phil and I have been looking for an arena to hold competitions where Ninjas would fight The Dog Bee. It is common place for Americans to be very prejuduce against ninjas so don't start with the racist stuff just yet. This "Back yard battle ground" would only be open to Ninja vs. Dog Bee battles, but Dog Bee vs. Unicorns, Pirates (Not the Orlando..."Bloom" or "city"...kind, but the real ones), dragons and other fighters.

There is a multi level reasoning for you doing this.

To begin, you live in Florida, so the tourists are already there. After all the ultimate battlefield should be all about location location location.

Second, "It is always a good season to see The Dog Bee Kill". In Florida, unlike here where I am at in Michigan, it is pretty much always OK to be outside, I mean it may be very hot, or rain, but it is never too cold to, say, die there. So the battlefield could remain forever open.

Third. "The Unemployed and the Gold diggers". With the grown kids at home they may be having trouble finding things to do to fill the time. Wiping the blood and body parts of ninjas off your brown concrete pool takes a long time, and unicorn blood is silver and really has a stain to it. This could keep them busy and out of your hair and most important your house for hours if not days at a time. Leaving you and the Mrs. time to be together and think about how nice a quiet home really is.

Fourth. "Profit for Profit's sake" I will tell you right now that Phil does not plan to see a Bee Dog die in your battlefield pit of danger. He believes that The Bee Dog is eternal, I sort of have to agree. That said, there are many who will not only challenge him to see a Bee Dog die, but will challenge the Bee Dog just to have total universal domination. Well, we all know that there is a ticket price for total universal domination. I think that price is $100. Now lets say we can erect 100 seats around your pool o' death. that is an easy 10k a show, with three shows a day and 2 on Sunday, that is 200k per week. Now have you ever looked at the sales on CP and said, "I will just take everything you got boys", well here is your chance to shine. You will be a multi millionaire. Yes some Pirates and Elves will die, but that is not on your hands, they signed up and you only provided an out of use pool.

Finally. "Home brewing is good brewing" There is no advertisement like good self advertisement. Since you are making your own beer, why let the big sponsors come into the picture. When I am watching the "Two for Tuesday Cage Match of Death" in your back yard about the last damn thing I want to see is a Bud Light add. Make up a logo for your own brew and sell it exclusively in the stands. Not only will it create a nitch market for your home brew goodness (i.e. I have to watch Dog Bee's kill hobbits to get the best beer in town) but it will surely lead you to the opportunity to be able to expand your sponsorship and one day open your own brew house.

I do not know friend. These are just a couple of thoughts running through my mind.

I hope you stay out of the sun while scrapping away at that junk and that you make up your mind soon so you can put it behind you. Either just paint the damn concrete and fill 'er up, or get ready for the most dangerous death matches that this universe has ever seen.

Your call, but good luck :thumbs:

Put some sort of cover over it and make it an underground room of some sort. Build a covered walkway leading from the pool to your house. Install ventilation systems and a water pump (just in case).

:)

Value wise you have to paint it and keep it. They have epoxy paint with will adhere much better then the fiberglass skim coat.

After seeing the pics I really think an arboretum/garden would be great. You could incorporate the lighthouse and the chiminea in to it.

That pick you are holding can be the first weapon tossed in to the fighters. Maybe Rod would come down to do the honors and start the season off.

You could realistically get some white screen paint, a LCD projector, some surround speakers, and make a really slick in-ground theater.
Maybe a couple of rows of seats in the transition from the deep to the shallow end make it look like a real theater.

You guys are too friggin much. A giant fermenter! That's a great idea! Maybe I could put a giant boiler in it and start making my own scotch! Or just let the sun ferment it naturally. Uncle Joe's All Natural Southern Scotch. I could slip a few bucks AVB's way and get him to write me up some sweet reviews and I'd be on my way to fame and fortune!

I also got a chuckle of the giant ashtray idea. That's a lot of cigars! I'm smoking one now and I just flicked my ash into the pool. It filled it up about 1/5,453,672,876,342th of the way.

Anthem - Dude, you have issues! But I thought it was funny. I'm thinking once the Unicorns started their wall-running-ball-of-death, everything in the pool is skewered!

Jonesy - Great story. No good idea goes unpunished.

Koi pond is an idea, although (from what I read) they can be fairly difficult to keep alive. Keeping the water chemistry in balance is just as much work as having a swimming pool.

A natural pool is a pretty cool idea. We actually thought about it. I grew up swimming in lakes in Central Florida, so swimming in green water doesn't bother me.

I was standing in the shallow end and thought up "amphitheater". It's sort of a naturally shaped like one (sloping floor) and might be a fun place to show movies.

Man-cave! It's naturally cool in there and probably would be pretty nice in the summer!

Skate park is a good idea until I get my old board out and start showing off. I can't do 6 months in traction. That is just NOT in the schedule.

Keep'em coming. I gotta figure out something.

Edit: Fourthrail - Great minds think alike. You posted while I was writing my post!

Koi aren't care free. Trust me on that.

You have the light house, so if you can come up with a windmill, you will be most of the way there. That's right, miniature golf. Think of all the neighborhood kids hanging at your house.

Realistically, sitting that close to your house, you have to fill it. Dirt or water. Otherwise, it will heave and possibly trash your foundation in the process. I would say, after all the work you've done, paint followed by water makes the most sense, although Jello has its appeals.

Now that it's empty . . . decorate it:

_poolart_1.jpg

mosaic_eagleRays.jpg

eb8a6302.jpg

Pool%20lined%20with%20mosaics.jpg

You'll never get another chance like this one! I'm betting you wouldn't need to tile the whole dang thing, either---most pools are actually skimcoated with a special cement/plaster compound on the inside, so if you get the mosaic pieces ahead of time, you can have them put in as it's replastered, or have the plasterers work flush to the edges of the art as they go.

Well, it's that or make a big planter out of it.

~Boar

Koi aren't care free. Trust me on that.

You have the light house, so if you can come up with a windmill, you will be most of the way there. That's right, miniature golf. Think of all the neighborhood kids hanging at your house.

Realistically, sitting that close to your house, you have to fill it. Dirt or water. Otherwise, it will heave and possibly trash your foundation in the process. I would say, after all the work you've done, paint followed by water makes the most sense, although Jello has its appeals.

OOOOOOOHHHHH! Jello wrestling!.......Brewery!........Now that could pay for itself!