• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Dream Come True

slowhand

Since I was 15 when I bought my first motorcycle, a Honda CB100 :), I have dreamed of the day I would own a Harley Davidson. Well, 14 motorcycles later, today was that day. This afternoon I took delivery of an '04 Road King Classic. Is is everything I wanted and more. A pure bike thru and thru. I wish I hadn't waited so long.

Sorry, just had to tell someone.

slowhand said:
Since I was 15 when I bought my first motorcycle, a Honda CB100 :), I have dreamed of the day I would own a Harley Davidson.

[snapback]217226[/snapback]​

I was 18 and it was a Sears Allstate motor scooter...and I know the feeling cause I felt the same way when I first took possession of a customized '94 XLH1200 at age 52...ride with the wind, bro...

Pix removed due to host bandwidth problems...

The Cosmos Mariner (the tank is custom painted with suns, stars, and moons...straight pipes...custom seat...lotsa chrome it didn't come with, etc.)

Live to ride, ride to live...

Good deal. I ride as often as I can. I'm a metric man...Yamaha Roadstar. It ani't what you ride you ride, it's that you do ride.

I was in Chatanooga yesterday. Yhe Harley convention is there this weekend. Hundreds of Harley's were on the interstate and downtown. Awesome sight. :thumbs:

cigarsarge said:
It ani't what you ride you ride, it's that you do ride.
[snapback]217260[/snapback]​

EXACTLY!!

Wish i could make more harley riders see it that way....i get the dirtiest looks when i go buzzing by... :whistling:

CBR1.jpg

Congradualtions on your new purchace though! Although i dont see myself buying a harley anytime soon, if i was too, it would DEFINETLY be a Road King....or maybe a v-rod!! :thumbs:

Honda has to design a better kickstand for that though. :cool:

AVB said:
Honda has to design a better kickstand for that though. :cool:
[snapback]217550[/snapback]​

That is a homebrew design there...makes maintenace and such MUCH easier. Stands like that cost 100 bucks + to buy them commercially...cost me 5 bucks worth of tubing and about 2 hours of my time.

And it does have a "normal" kickstand too... :p :p

hey slowhand, congrats on that new bike.

hey jeffro, nice rocket ship.

CONGRATS! :thumbs: I am not a "rider" but would like to give it a try someday. I am glad to hear you finally got what you have waited so long for.

Congrats on the new bike. I'm also a metric man, with a Suzuki Volusia, and I try to ride as often as possible. Ride safe, and keep the shiny side up!

slowhand said:
Since I was 15 when I bought my first motorcycle, a Honda CB100 :), I have dreamed of the day I would own a Harley Davidson. Well, 14 motorcycles later, today was that day. This afternoon I took delivery of an '04 Road King Classic. Is is everything I wanted and more. A pure bike thru and thru. I wish I hadn't waited so long.

[snapback]217226[/snapback]​

Congrats on making your dream come true. I'm still dreaming. I haven't had a bike for years, but a friend of mine lets me take his Road King out once in awhile. Some day before I die I would like to have my own.

caudio51: the best deals can be had, for the most part, during Winter, or early spring...you can get a new "last year" model for lots less when the stealership is trying to clear out for new inventory.

anyway, I ride a VFR800 '03 model, and it's nice to see other cigar lovers ride. I'd love to hook up and ride sometime with some people, in eastern NC. there's loads of people around here that ride, but most that ride sportbikes are way too risky for me to hang w/ (dont feel safe around them, after just watching them for a little bit) and most of the cruiser guys dont want to be seen w/ a sportbike (anything w/ fairings, to them). I guess they just dont get what it's all about...just having fun and riding.

congrats on the new bike :)

Right on man! :thumbs: I've got an '03 RoadGlide and an '06 Harley StreetRod. The RoadGlide is my favorite. It has a super hopped up 95" motor and you can smoke on it while listening to tunes. The StreetRod really hurts my a$$ if I ride it for too long but it is fun and fast.

Keep the shiny side up! :D

I sold my bike a year ago and am counting the days until I can get another one, but I'll probably have to wait until I stop moving around so much for work...

Jeffro600 said:
cigarsarge said:

EXACTLY!!

Wish i could make more harley riders see it that way....i get the dirtiest looks when i go buzzing by... :whistling:

Congradualtions on your new purchace though! Although i dont see myself buying a harley anytime soon, if i was too, it would DEFINETLY be a Road King....or maybe a v-rod!! :thumbs:
[snapback]217546[/snapback]​

LOL...the operative word here is "buzzing"...rice burners...:sign:...heh...

Neuromancer said:
Jeffro600 said:
cigarsarge said:

EXACTLY!!

[snapback]217546[/snapback]​

LOL...the operative word here is "buzzing"...rice burners...:sign:...heh...
[snapback]217988[/snapback]​

Actually...ive been told its more of a scream than a buzz... :p

Congrats bro...I know exactly how you feel..I felt the same when I got my Charger

hey bro thats awesoem youve finally picked one up, Im real happy for yah. I have yet to get a bike but would one day love to. I would love to get a harley but theyre so damn exspensive. I was looking at those v-stars, theyre awesome looking things.

K&P

Congrats on the new toy. There something about a new bike.

I just bought my third bike at the end of June. I migrated from a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6 to a Vulcan 800 Classic and now to a Suzuki Hayabusa Limited sport bike for the morning commute. I drive 46 mile one way on the 405 freeway in Los Angeles. What took close to 2 hours is just 1 hour now. I love it~!~~

Enjoy the rides bro.