• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Fake

the gurkha

NWMSU Mafia Godfather
So I aquired an isom romeo and juliet churchill and found out that the person who bought the box was 99% sure it was a fake. Well after smoking it it turned out to be about the best cigar I've ever smoked. So whether it was entirely counterfeit or not it was still amazing. Similar experiences?

Well, I wouldn't go w/ the 1% chance it was real.
But, if you enjoyed the smoke, then no big problem. Yes, happened to me twice [that the fake was good], but not a big detail. Would rather spend the $$ on a domestic, say Fuente, and know it was a real Fuente.

Next time just try to find someone who's percentage is better than 1% for Cubans. My advice, move to Cuba, become a citizen there and you can buy tons from friends of friends on the street for $50.

:thumbs:

the thing is, even fakes can taste good.

There was no confirmation that it was a fake but supposedly the source was questionable, the 1% however comes from the fact that it was amazing.

my friend picked up 2 boxes of those when he was honeymooning in Greece..

He is a huge cuban ho.. so he checked the box codes befor he even purchsed them..as to make sure they were legit..

Well I was lucky enough to be gifted 6 of them..and I have to agree very nice smoke..

If it tastes that good. Does it really matter? If a fake tasted that good. I'll keep buying that fake!

texasaero said:
I'll keep buying that fake!
[snapback]156959[/snapback]​

I would think, IMHO, that's the reason why not to buy the fakes. No consistency, different leaf sources, etc. etc., and no quality control so you won't get the same cigar again.

An aged RyJ Churchill is one damn fine cigar :love: Someday you should smoke one that you know is the real deal :)

Alex was kind enough to share a Romeo and Juliet with me over new years and I have to agree that is one fine smoke.

the gurkha said:
So I aquired an isom romeo and juliet churchill and found out that the person who bought the box was 99% sure it was a fake. Well after smoking it it turned out to be about the best cigar I've ever smoked. So whether it was entirely counterfeit or not it was still amazing. Similar experiences?
[snapback]156264[/snapback]​

:laugh: :laugh: , Yeah dude... I was given a San Cristobal from a friend on New Years... well they were supposed to be "the hook-up of cubans." So I made a post on this board saying how much i enjoyed it. Turned out that a member MMM (milesmingusmonk) spotted that it was a fake, he did some research for me and sure enough, it was a fake. Then he was kind enough to send me the real thing. I was bummed but then reminded that as long as it's a good cigar, that's all that should matter.

If you can recall, what were the main differences between the Real San and the Fake San. I've got some real san's, and I think they have a spicy start, and I just wondered what the fake might be like

NickDavid said:
:laugh: :laugh: , Yeah dude... I was given a San Cristobal from a friend on New Years... well they were supposed to be "the hook-up of cubans." So I made a post on this board saying how much i enjoyed it. Turned out that a member MMM (milesmingusmonk) spotted that it was a fake, he did some research for me and sure enough, it was a fake. Then he was kind enough to send me the real thing. I was bummed but then reminded that as long as it's a good cigar, that's all that should matter.
[snapback]161523[/snapback]​

Quit talkin' about it so damn much and smoke it! ;)

MilesMingusMonk said:
NickDavid said:
[snapback]161523[/snapback]​

Quit talkin' about it so damn much and smoke it! ;)
[snapback]161558[/snapback]​

:laugh: :laugh: , I'm afraid once i smoke it i may never find another!!!!

Savin her for a special occasion..

If you have a great smoke in your humi THAT IS a special occasion and calls for a great smoke. :)

hudsonvalley said:
If you have a great smoke in your humi THAT IS a special occasion and calls for a great smoke. :)
[snapback]161581[/snapback]​
true, that!

hey, is there a name for something that is the opposite of a catch-22?

I think of the double crossing guy in 'Midnight Run' who would go out and 'get doughnuts' when something bad would happen, then run out for the same reason when something good happened. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There is always a reason to smoke a fine cigar.

If the fake cuban is really good. Why would you spend the time and money to make the fake in the first place?
One other thing for this isom rookie. The cigar would have to be at least cuban as a fake right? Or else an experianced smoker would know immediatly.I dont think i could even mistake the cuban taste for anything but and like i said i'm new to cubans.