• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A little help from you guys...

davidr2340

Craft Beer Lover...
So, I'm looking to get my mom, grandma, and dad each one loaded up with pictures for X-mas. Just curious if any of you guys have one?
I'd like to spend around $100.00 each...
Any help would be appreciated!!! :thumbs:

Hey David, the 7-9" ones have a lower resolution so it won't be that sharp looking. Unfortunately they're in your price range but you can find a deal for $50 or so. I think radioshack had one for 60. The res is like 340x230 or something but if you can spend a little more and get a higher res one, it's worth it. I think they can go up to like 800x600 or 1024x768. Those look very nice. Other features to look for is internal memory, usb port, random slideshow and some have a video player on it. Most just take a memory card and pull pics from it. Good luck on your search bro. Seems like a hot item this year because I lucked out on 3 places trying to find a good one cheap yesterday.

I don't have any but I heard that some woman dove over the crowd at Wal-mart on Black Friday to get them. They must be very special picture frames. :laugh:

I get a lot of electronics online at www.tigerdirect.com and www.newegg.com. Not sure if newegg has the frames, but I know tigerdirect has 'em quite often. The higher resolution you can afford, the better.

I'm hesitant on tigerdirect. I've had some bad experiences with them years ago. Not sure if it has improved. But newegg is a definite goto place. Thanks for the reminder John.

As KeyserSoze says, the smaller one's are not that good. I bought my wife a large one some time ago, the quality and disc space is excellent.
However, unfortunately, the large one will set you back a lot more than $100!

Brian

Thanks all for the tips... I'll keep you guys posted on which one I pull the trigger on!

:thumbs:

I echo Mike's sentiments about tigerdirect...many many people have problems with them.

Hmm... I've ordered quite a few things from TigerDirect (RAM, LCD computer monitors, laptops, cameras) and haven't had an issue with anything. Just be sure to read the fine print on everything, I guess. :)

digital picture frames are a nice idea, but honestly i don't think they are worth it. It seems like a waste to me. but that that just me.

>Here< is an 8.5" model for $90 from CompUSA.

I'm browsing a lot of deal sites with Christmas coming up, so I come across these every so often. Let me know when you've found what you're looking for so I can stop posting in the thread! :D

EDIT TO ADD: Wow... if you want to go all out and totally blow your budget, >here< is a 15" one from ThinkGeek. :)

FYI -Looked good enough to me, so I ordered one...

Axion 9" Digital Frame w/ Clock, Calendar and MP3 Playback,
model AXN-9905

Promo Code Discount (EMC1130DXFR02):
Free Shipping

Your Price: $96.99

Price After $15.00 MIR: $81.99

icon_freeshipping.gif

4eggs.gif

Thanks bro..

BTW, I stole the X-Mas lights off your sig tag into mine... Hope that is ok!!!

EC.WYT.SPX8.JPG

Circuit City has this one... Regular $179.00, $20.00 off, and a $50.00 rebate! Makes it $109.00...

8", and has a pretty good resolution of 800x600!!! I ordered one tonight!!!
Now, I have a question for you guys... I need 3 of them. How do you think the rebate will work? I'm going to order them at seperate times. The rebate for says one per customer, but nothing about one per "household"... I called Circuit City last night, and the guy tells me I should be fine if I order them seperate. What do you all think? That's a pretty good chunk of change in rebate money to get back. I'd hate to loose out!

Thanks again guys!!!
:thumbs:

Buy them separately, send in the rebate with each bar code separately and you will be good to go.
They deal with thousands of rebates, they just want to see a match with bar code and rebate slip.
Well, that's my opinion. However, if you are concerned, use two other people you can trust.

Brian

Buy them separately, send in the rebate with each bar code separately and you will be good to go.
They deal with thousands of rebates, they just want to see a match with bar code and rebate slip.
Well, that's my opinion. However, if you are concerned, use two other people you can trust.

Brian

Thanks Brian!
I ordered one online and had it shipped, one online the next day for in-store pick-up... I'll drive to another store and pick up the third one. ???
Should be good to go!

digital picture frames are a great idea for a gift. i just gave one to my father for his birthday with 500 pictures on it, it took a while to scan old childhood photos but it was well worth it.

digital picture frames are a nice idea, but honestly i don't think they are worth it. It seems like a waste to me. but that that just me.
I totally thought the same thing as you did. I thought they were superfluous and techno-gimmicky.

And then we received this one as a gift and now we're totally hooked. Although I can't seem to find the resolution specs, it is as clear and as crisp as viewing on my MacBook at 1024 x 768. It's bright, sharp, has a very good viewing angle and plays flawlessly from an SD card.

I'm not an early adopter or a tech-for-the-sake-of-tech kind of guy but this is one case where technology has improved on the concept.

Now the only problem is that when the grandparents see it, I know they're going to want one too. :D

Wilkey

I got a 10" frame for my girlfriend for xmas along with a pair of diamond earings. I loaded a bunch of pictures on it. Its fantastic. She's a huge picture buff with framed pictures all over our house.

I also shot a short video of me giving her the diamond earings, put it on the frame, so when she opens it and plugs it in, it'll lead into me handing over the box of earings.