• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Little Help

Brothers,

Emma was released from the hospital today after her surgery, but still has a couple months of treatment ahead of her. When I told her of everyone's love and generosity here she literally broke down into tears of joy. You guys have truly made her day and have given her a bright spot when she really need it. From the bottom of my heart I can't thank you enough. She wanted me to pass along this messages to everyone.

Dear Cigar Pass Family,

I just wanted to express my sincerest appreciation for the love you have shown me with the purchasing of items on my wish list during my treatments. I truly am Blessed to know that Paul and I have such wonderful friends that will help us get through rough times. I look forward to the day when I can sit with Paul and meet you all on the Vherf.

Thank you from the deepest depth of my heart and soul.

Emma Trahan💕

Once again. Thank you brothers. You truly are family.

I am very glad to hear your wife is doing well, Paul. I wish her, and you, the best.

I totally agree that you’re a member in good standing, and a good guy in general.

My disconnect here seems to be that many of the items on the list were fairly inexpensive. If the donation you made was more than any of them, then I don’t understand asking others for help with them when you could have taken care of it yourself and asked for less from the community. The precedent is of more concern than this particular issue. I just hope that if this issue comes up again, the member is as well thought of as you are.

I apologize for raising the issue when you have much more important things going on.
In what I hope is a sign of my good faith:
Done.

I am very glad to hear your wife is doing well, Paul. I wish her, and you, the best.

I totally agree that you’re a member in good standing, and a good guy in general.

My disconnect here seems to be that many of the items on the list were fairly inexpensive. If the donation you made was more than any of them, then I don’t understand asking others for help with them when you could have taken care of it yourself and asked for less from the community. The precedent is of more concern than this particular issue. I just hope that if this issue comes up again, the member is as well thought of as you are.

I apologize for raising the issue when you have much more important things going on.
Done.

No issues at all! I understand your level of concern and appreciate you looking out for this community. One of the beautiful things about this group is that we are self governing and can handle most issues without having to get any of the mods involved.

Done.
I think Paul is a stand up guy, but I totally get what Gavin is saying here...

I’m not trying to be a jerk….which are famous words that usually preface someone being a jerk.

The quote above is to indicate Paul donating to another person’s charity in the MAW PIF. Paul should not be donating to others’ charities while asking for charity from CP.

I mean no disrespect, Paul, I understand you’ve been through some rough times lately, but this thread is only ok if you’re also trying to clear out your wife’s wish list as fast as you can, but need a little extra help. Donating to others’ charities indicate to me you have money to spend that’s not going toward your wife.

I wish a speedy recovery to Miss Emmie.
Fucking WOW!! Obviously we come from different regions of the Country. Ya ever seen a family with little, cook enough just in case someone else needed it? Even though they really couldn’t afford it!?

If you’re offended by his “asking for charity”, don’t come back and follow the thread. Ain’t nobody here required to contribute or even respond to his post.

Some would say we’re like family here. I was raised to believe it ain’t charity if someone in the family is in need. It was an idea/offering, to help make someone’s life a bit easier. Yet it’s turned into him getting over on us for a few creature comforts?!

To say “…this thread is only ok if…” is quite bold on your part. This thread is ok any time someone feels the need to share what’s taking place. Paul is family. Period!

As you said, I mean no disrespect, but WTF? Are you living with him? Do you know what he “donated”? Do you know his motives? Is he just using us

“I mean no disrespect” means screw you, Paul! And truly, telling him what is ok and what is not, isn’t yours to decide and I find it quite condescending.

Paul, I’m sorry I just saw this thread. I’m glad your wife is doing better. I’ll be in touch.

Floyd T

PS : The “not going towards your wife” is WAAAAAY over the top. Are you truly asserting he doesn’t care for his wife?! No disrespect!

Fucking WOW!! Obviously we come from different regions of the Country. Ya ever seen a family with little, cook enough just in case someone else needed it? Even though they really couldn’t afford it!?

If you’re offended by his “asking for charity”, don’t come back and follow the thread. Ain’t nobody here required to contribute or even respond to his post.

Some would say we’re like family here. I was raised to believe it ain’t charity if someone in the family is in need. It was an idea/offering, to help make someone’s life a bit easier. Yet it’s turned into him getting over on us for a few creature comforts?!

To say “…this thread is only ok if…” is quite bold on your part. This thread is ok any time someone feels the need to share what’s taking place. Paul is family. Period!

As you said, I mean no disrespect, but WTF? Are you living with him? Do you know what he “donated”? Do you know his motives? Is he just using us

“I mean no disrespect” means screw you, Paul! And truly, telling him what is ok and what is not, isn’t yours to decide and I find it quite condescending.

Paul, I’m sorry I just saw this thread. I’m glad your wife is doing better. I’ll be in touch.

Floyd T

PS : The “not going towards your wife” is WAAAAAY over the top. Are you truly asserting he doesn’t care for his wife?! No disrespect!
I’m certainly not asserting that. That’s a huge leap that is obviously not what I’m saying.
There’s certainly lots to unpack in your post. It’s obvious he cares for his wife. That’s sort of the point of his whole post. The question isn’t about her at all, really.

“‘I mean no disrespect’ means screw you, Paul!” is just flat out wrong. The few times I’ve interacted with him, he’s been awesome. That doesn’t mean everything he does is perfect, just like how I raised this issue wasn’t perfect. We all make mistakes, as it’s obvious I’ve made with you in how I addressed it, so I’m sorry, Floyd. I hope you’ll accept that.
You are completely correct that it isn’t for me to decide. It’s for the community to decide. I had enough conversations with people who also had concerns with this thread that I felt I should say something. None of those conversations said anything bad about Paul. They were all about the precedent.
Again, I apologize if I presented that poorly or in a condescending manner. That I did it at all was not about Paul. It was about the next guy and the one after that.

Let’s take a step back on this one. Opinions were brought up, both agreeing and disagreeing with how this was done, but in the end we’re all here for a reason. Paul is a valued member, nobody is stating otherwise. When a member is struggling or anyone in their family needs help, CP helps. It’s a testament to what this place is and has become for many members, for the simple fact that Paul posted this out in the open.

This is what I didn’t want to happen with this thread. We’ve matured as CigarPass along the way and what I don’t want are things to be dealt with like they used to be. Support and love has been shown to Paul, both publicly and privately.

In the future, posts like this need to have the ok and approval from Rod, before posting. That’s my suggestion. It will be easier for everyone.