• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A national hero was made today

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
On May 21, 1927, Charles A. Lindbergh landed his Spirit of St. Louis near Paris, completing the first solo airplane flight across the Atlantic Ocean.

He is and always will be a hero Ray. He paved the way for the tranatlantic flights that we take for granted nowdays.

I can't imagine how scared he must have been flying across the ocean fighting fatigue.

My father has always admired the man.

Flying to San Diego can give you a good view of the plane. It is hanging in the terminal (or maybe it is a replica).

Anyway, just flying into San Diego is a bit of a thrill, since you basically fall out of the sky after clearing the mountains to make the landing.

Good call Ray.

The original is in the lobby of the Nat'l Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian in DC. There are about a dozen of so replicas around the world.

Good reminder!

He named the plane the Spirit of St. Louis because it was funded by a few businessmen from the Racquet Club in St. Louis. I am a member of that club and we still have an use the table where the checks were exchanged. We also have the canceled checks, pictures and a lot of other memorabilia.