• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A new way to smoke, Ploom Pax

Vicster

Social identity theory
I ran across this today on the Gizmodo web site. I've never heard about anything like this before, interesting concept. Definitely a new twist to smoking.

http://www.ploom.com/pax

The company sent me a demo to try a couple years ago. I appreciate their forward thinking, however it just wasn't for me. The unit actually uses butane and heats a pod of tobacco, which in turn creates a vapor. I'm a cigar smoker, not a vapor smoker, so it didn't do much for me. Cigars offer a range of natural flavors that are unique to the soil, climate, region, etc that a vaporizer will never be able to match. One is man-made, while the other is made by nature. Personally, I can't smoke the same exact flavor every time.

Interesting idea nonetheless.

[background=transparent]I’m here as a representative for a supplier called Ploom - thanks for your hospitality! I’m a first time poster so apologies if any policies/regulations were not followed - please advise and I’ll be sure to follow in the future.[/background]

[background=transparent]Ploom’s a tobacco company in San Francisco that produces premium vaporizers. You may be familiar with Ploom’s first product, the modelOne, which vaporizes tobacco-filled pods. We’re excited to announce our new product, Pax, a category-defining premium loose-leaf tobacco portable vaporizer, delivering the best quality vaporization experience on the market.[/background]

[background=transparent]Pax features include:[/background]

• [background=transparent]Three adjustable temperature settings[/background]
  • [background=transparent]Lithium ion rechargeable internal battery[/background]
  • [background=transparent]High performance in a compact size[/background]
  • [background=transparent]Retractable mouthpiece for ease of use[/background]
  • [background=transparent]LED indicator lights[/background]
  • [background=transparent]Laser-welded stainless steel air path[/background]
  • [background=transparent]10-year warranty[/background]
[background=transparent]Pax retails for $249.99. Once product is shipping (anticipated by August 1st) retail store locations will be available at [/background][background=transparent]www.ploom.com[/background][background=transparent].[/background]

[background=transparent]At our site you will also find:[/background]

• [background=transparent]Pax User Manual[/background]
  • [background=transparent]Pax Product Use Video[/background]
  • [background=transparent]Product FAQs[/background]
  • [background=transparent]Downloadable Press Kit[/background]
[background=transparent]Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have about Pax and/or Ploom. Looking forward to hearing your feedback![/background]

$250 E-Cigarette? We all known this is going to get used for herb ingesting, what pothead do you know would rather spend $250 on a hand held vaporizer over a $1.29 pack of zig zags.

Do you know how much "oregano" you can buy for $248.71?

$250 E-Cigarette? We all known this is going to get used for herb ingesting, what pothead do you know would rather spend $250 on a hand held vaporizer over a $1.29 pack of zig zags.

Do you know how much "oregano" you can buy for $248.71?

that and they are from San Francisco ummm yeah tobacco my butt rp

Definitely an interesting concept, but I wonder how it would work with pipe tobacco since in general, the lower heat it's smoked at, the better right?

Did you sample the original Ploom Rod? I noticed with those you're kind of stuck with the little pods, but the Pax can be filled with loose tobacco. Definitely an interesting concept, and price-wise, you can find a lot of pipes out there that cost far more. I wonder how it would change the flavor, considering we're generally not inhaling, but smoking for the enjoyment of the taste of the smoke...

Yes I sampled it. You have to buy little pods of tobacco from the company. Nothing beats smoking the real thing.

Yes I sampled it. You have to buy little pods of tobacco from the company. Nothing beats smoking the real thing.

Most definitely...I just wondered how different the model that you can load your own loose leaf would be. I'm guessing the tobacco in the pods is ground up super fine, which would definitely be a different expereience altogether. Maybe similar to the Arabian Dokha...

You cannot load your own. It's just a vaporizer. You're stuck buying the favors they offer. This is not a pipe or cigar by any means.

Not the original one Rod, the PAX that Vicster linked in the OP. The video on their site shows them loading loose cut tobacco. That's the one I was thinking of :)