• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A New Year - A New Contest

rob300c

The Big Noobowski
Happy New Year everyone!

I, along with Roy R. Frush and Seavita, have decided to bring CigarPass a different type of contest from the ones typically found here.
We will be hosting a 12 week weight loss competition to coincide with New Year's Resolutions season.
We have all observed that cigar smokers as a population tend to be pretty overweight, and we thought this would be a fun and interactive contest that could help some of the members here to take action towards losing weight and consequently improving their overall health.
Last year I managed to successfully lose over 40 lbs, and this year my goal is to lose another 20 lbs and maintain it.
I followed a program which emphasizes eating frequent low glycemic meals plus quality nutritional supplementation, while avoiding high glycemic foods.
I have tried many diets over the years and I found this program to be very easy to follow.

Here are a couple before and after pics:

before.jpg

after.jpg

I apologize that I don't have a better before pic.
I lost my old phone along with all the photos stored on it.

The contest will run for 12 weeks and the greatest % loser will win a box of '03 Sir Winstons or a box of comparable value (due to current shipping issues).
The three of us do have a financial interest in the sale of the products that are recommended in this program.
The products consist of low glycemic foods (shakes and snack bars), and nutritional supplements.
The program has several stages as the participant relies less and less on the shakes and bars and more on preparing/choosing their own meals.

During the first stage, the average meal cost is around $4.
In the second stage, it drops to a little over $3 per meal.
We will provide information on the glycemic index and ratings for various common foods as well as menu ideas for self-prepared low glycemic meals.
Education is key in understanding how spiking blood sugar ultimately leads to weight gain, and also in developing sound eating habits after completing the program so as not to revert back to the unhealthy choices that led to the initial weight gain.

We have run this contest idea by Rod and he has given us the green light to proceed.

There are several other members here that have used the products and can speak about their efficacy.

By making this a contest we hope there will be more incentive for participants to do really well and the action could get quite competitive and exciting.
If there is enough participation, we will be able to offer more prizes/add other categories.

So, who is interested in playing CP's version of "Biggest Loser"?

-Rob

I am in, and intend to win the whole darn thing, although will not be participating in the prize package......

Needless to say the Holidays were pretty overindulgent and while I maintained my Nutritional aspect, I humanely strayed off of the Low Glycemic path much to the detriment of my waist line. Proud to say that I started back on a 5 day Reset Monday, and today Friday my (5th day...that flew by) I have already dropped one entire belt loop (about 5-8lbs) As an added bonus I am sleeping better again and my energy level is on the rise again.

Both Rob and I have been through this so for those who want a phone number to have a bit of moral support or just to ask question or even a bit of encouragement, PM and I am happy to be there. I find that when I have other people involved I definitely stay more focused as well.

Good riddance to the extra luggage.....lol!!!

Wow, a whole weekend to mull it over with no takers!
If you guys have any questions shoot me a PM.

Hit the elliptical 4 times last week in preperation for this.
Let's lose some weight gentlemen!

-Rob

Does participating require one to purchase the meals? Guess I (as well as others) may be a little confused. It says "recommended" ...but are they required?

With a baby on the way, I just got back in the gym (used to power lift)....and made the decision to lose 100lbs by September. However, It's one of those "at my own pace...my own way" sort of things.

I'm all about a weight loss competition...CP needs one. However, if we have to purchase meals, etc....I'll have to pass.

Does participating require one to purchase the meals? Guess I (as well as others) may be a little confused. It says "recommended" ...but are they required?

With a baby on the way, I just got back in the gym (used to power lift)....and made the decision to lose 100lbs by September. However, It's one of those "at my own pace...my own way" sort of things.

I'm all about a weight loss competition...CP needs one. However, if we have to purchase meals, etc....I'll have to pass.
That's a great question and sorry about the lack of clarity. In order to compete for the Sir Winnies, contestants will be required to purchase at least one four-week cycle of products. Our program provides five meals the first five days as a "detox" type break from prior bad eating habits. The next seven days will provide 4 meals per day with one meal being the responsibility of the participant. We recommend making that meal dinner, since it is likely to be the most consistent meal that one can have at home. The program provides 3 meals per day for the following two weeks with 2 meals added by the participant.

We welcome others not using our products to participate in the friendly competition; however, only those that purchased and used our products will be eligible for the SWs. We know from personal experience that our method works and is nutritionally and scientifically sound, which is why we are confident and comfortable promoting it.

We like the idea of a general competition as well, since weight loss has such well established health benefits. For those members that would like to participate but want to do it their own way, perhaps those not using our products would agree to contribute a buy-in which would generate a prize pool for those competitors. All weight loss competitors could post and follow along in a combined thread for support and accountability.

Regarding the availability of the SWs, these cigars have already been purchased and are in private storage and not currently in our possession. If shipping issues make it unlikely that the cigars can be made available, we will update and substitute a box of comparable value.

I will be losing two pounds everytime my erection goes down this year. Over the next twelve weeks I intend to lose at least 48 pounds. Did I win?

I will be losing two pounds everytime my erection goes down this year. Over the next twelve weeks I intend to lose at least 48 pounds. Did I win?
Is that because the baseball swing donut slips off?

Seriously though, based on the timeline you've described, you are clearly suffering from what is known as priapism. See a doctor immediately.

Nice to see you haven't lost your charm, Matt! :laugh:

Definitely looking into this, wife and I both are definitely wanting to lose a few pounds. :)

I am interested. It will ultimately depend on the cost of the 4 weeks of food whether or not I will be able to participate in the SW contest or not.

How do we get moer information about what/where we need to order the food and the cost?

I am interested. It will ultimately depend on the cost of the 4 weeks of food whether or not I will be able to participate in the SW contest or not.

How do we get moer information about what/where we need to order the food and the cost?

Our program is based on a couple main scientific principles. The first is low glycemic food intake, which we will outline during the program. The second is that you should be eating five times a day, everyday.

The average cost per meal over the first 4 weeks is $3.40. The first 4 weeks costs a bit more because everyone starts with the 5 day starter kit which supplies all five meals to break bad eating habits. Users average 4.5lbs of weight loss after the first five days. The following week four meals are supplied and the last two weeks three meals are supplied. The initial 4 week supply costs $332.55 (excluding shipping and taxes, which differs by state).

The ongoing cost of this second phase is roughly $250 per 4 weeks, or $3 per meal. While we recognize that food costs vary geographically, being able to eat breakfast, mid-morning snack, and lunch for $9 should be pretty cost competitive regardless of location. What we've found is that people spend a comparable, if not lower, amount on our meal replacements versus their monthly groceries. You would stay in this phase until you reach your target weight.

Ultimately, our goal is to get you off the meal replacements and eating regular low glycemic meals having learned the scientific principles of healthy eating that will last a lifetime.

I'll have more info for you tomorrow.
Unfortunately I am sick as a dog right now.

-Rob

I'll be trying to lose weight, but I'll be on a different timeline and plan. I'll check in here now and then and tell you how it goes. Basically, my resolution is to not weigh more at the end of the year than I do now (205).

Elliot, you lose any more weight and the wind is likely to blow you away in this blizzard season. I'd say the challenge would be for you to gain whatever weight that Rob loses and make the rest of us feel a little slimmer.

The best tip I can give to lose weight, especially those talking about it as a New Year resolution: "Shut the mouth and move the feet" :thumbs:

I'll be trying to lose weight, but I'll be on a different timeline and plan. I'll check in here now and then and tell you how it goes. Basically, my resolution is to not weigh more at the end of the year than I do now (205).
Wish you much success, Sam! I guess this brings up a potential problem with trying to integrate a separate challenge with people doing their own programs. With all participants on potentially varied timelines, it might be difficult to organize and maintain structure.

Elliot, you lose any more weight and the wind is likely to blow you away in this blizzard season. I'd say the challenge would be for you to gain whatever weight that Rob loses and make the rest of us feel a little slimmer.
LOL. I don't think the most sophisticated steroid regimen would allow me to pack on as much weight as Rob intends to shed in just 12 weeks. My goal will be to double my cardio endurance. My current cardio fitness is woeful.

The best tip I can give to lose weight, especially those talking about it as a New Year resolution: "Shut the mouth and move the feet" :thumbs:
That's a tough way to go about it! We should all be eating if we are hungry. It's a matter of eating the right types of foods and eating enough to be satisfied, rather than stuffed. Also, it's important to distinguish between true hunger and the "munchies."

I would have loved to participate but unfortunately my funds cannot handle the costs. The program sounds cool though, so maybe after I do my own weight loss thing, I will look into this one and hopefully the finances for something like this will work out. :)

I just started again about a week ago, and though I didn't take a true "before" measurement, I am currently at 196 lbs. My goal is 180 by march 26th., and anything more is just a bonus. Now if this weather would just settle down so I could do my walking, I'd be alright. Was too damn cold yesterday!

We certainly understand that people's financial situation will be different across this board.
One thing to consider about the program "cost" is that it replaces most of your meals in the first four weeks, so instead of an additional expense for the month it would replace money spent on meals and groceries.
Depending on what a person spends on meals, the program can be very cost competitive and even save money normally spent on food.
For instance, I consider myself lucky if I can eat lunch for $7.00.
Even cheap dinners in my neighborhood will run $15.00.
Anyone considering participating in this contest should add up the total amount of money they typically spend on meals and groceries and consider that you'd be substituting that expense on our meal replacements that are guaranteed to result in weight loss.

We had anticipated a good number of members would be interested in the competition.
Maybe folks are still kicking the idea around.
Vince and I will also be following the program but we won't be eligible for the cigars.
Also, as an added incentive, if a contestant can beat our results, they will win a bonus.
There will be weekly weigh-ins so contestants can measure their progress versus other competitors which can be motivating and make the action more exciting.
In order to get this thing rolling, we are willing to start this with as few as two participants.
If there are at least two members that will commit and order their products by 11pm tonight, we will get this show on the road.
That means you could have a 1 in 2 chance of winning the SWs in addition to losing weight!

-Rob

Nice Deal Rob, I love the extra motivation to do well it always helps to have friends on the same path. Plus I am a cheap fugger and don't want to loose any of my premiums to the bonus plan..... :sign: