• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A New Year - A New Contest

Fellow BOTL,

I just want to throw my support behind what Elliot, Rob and Vince are offering up.  After seeing Rob shrink like some bad early 90's sci--fi family movie i wanted to know what he was doing because my father has type 2 diabetes and is overweight.  Having grandkids finally motivated him to take care of both and hearing about Rob encouraged him to check it out.  Last fall my father began using this system.  He did the 5-day reset program, then moved to two shakes a day plus one normal meal.  After another two weeks he moved to one shake for lunch, and regular meals the rest of the day along with snacks (raw almonds and raisins).  

His typical blood sugar numbers before the 5-day reset were between 180-200 (horrible).  He was on the verge of moving to insulin shots instead of the pills.  Within the 5-day reset his blood sugar numbers were down to 130. By the end of the 3 and fourth weeks he was averaging between 80-90.  For those of you who understand blood sugar numbers, this is an amazing change.  Even when he cheated (or still cheats) his numbers don't spike nearly as much.

As for his weight, he started at 261. Within the first week he had lost 8 pounds, and it wasn't water weight (the 5 day reset has you drinking 8 glasses of 12 ounces a day).  By the end of 6 weeks he was down to 230.  He plateaued at 230 as the holidays passed.  To get him back into healthy habits now, he's back on shakes 3 times a day for a week.  Then we'll get him back to normal food.  By the way, no exercise has been involved, just healthy eating.

That's the great thing about this program, it's not about the products, but the habits.  Once you've developed the healthy habits, you can switch to more and more regular foods.  If you know you're going to be pressed for time, you can be prepared by having the shakes to fall back on, but ultimately the goal is to teach you to healthy eating habits (portion control, lots of water, frequent healthy foods).

Anyways, for those considering or having already joined, be encouraged!

Fellow BOTL,

I just want to throw my support behind what Elliot, Rob and Vince are offering up.  After seeing Rob shrink like some bad early 90's sci--fi family movie i wanted to know what he was doing because my father has type 2 diabetes and is overweight.  Having grandkids finally motivated him to take care of both and hearing about Rob encouraged him to check it out.  Last fall my father began using this system.  He did the 5-day reset program, then moved to two shakes a day plus one normal meal.  After another two weeks he moved to one shake for lunch, and regular meals the rest of the day along with snacks (raw almonds and raisins).  

His typical blood sugar numbers before the 5-day reset were between 180-200 (horrible).  He was on the verge of moving to insulin shots instead of the pills.  Within the 5-day reset his blood sugar numbers were down to 130. By the end of the 3 and fourth weeks he was averaging between 80-90.  For those of you who understand blood sugar numbers, this is an amazing change.  Even when he cheated (or still cheats) his numbers don't spike nearly as much.

As for his weight, he started at 261. Within the first week he had lost 8 pounds, and it wasn't water weight (the 5 day reset has you drinking 8 glasses of 12 ounces a day).  By the end of 6 weeks he was down to 230.  He plateaued at 230 as the holidays passed.  To get him back into healthy habits now, he's back on shakes 3 times a day for a week.  Then we'll get him back to normal food.  By the way, no exercise has been involved, just healthy eating.

That's the great thing about this program, it's not about the products, but the habits.  Once you've developed the healthy habits, you can switch to more and more regular foods.  If you know you're going to be pressed for time, you can be prepared by having the shakes to fall back on, but ultimately the goal is to teach you to healthy eating habits (portion control, lots of water, frequent healthy foods).

Anyways, for those considering or having already joined, be encouraged!

Thanks Sean for the vote of support!

After the holidays temptation got the best of me!
I am going to start all over, do the RESET and hopefully get into the best shape I have been in a long time!
Monday it begins and I'll document my progress in this thread.

-Rob

So I started 2 weeks ago...
Started at 217.4 lbs I am now at 207.2!

Now I gotta start hitting the gym!

Anybody else shedding some holiday lbs?

-Rob

Started my draconian diet on doctor's orders back on Jan. 14th at 207 and currently at 198.

There's been a biggest loser thing every year at work for the past 5 or 6. The last couple of years I thought I should get in to it and this year I did. Started Jan 3rd with the weigh in and on Jan 31st I was in 1st place. Today I'm down a feather over 10% all with diet and exercise. Final weigh in is on Feb 28th.
Tom