• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A nice weekend...

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Saturday

-1 °C cloudy but bright, like the sun wanted to come out and play, but just didn't have enough energy.
A CAO Consigliere (say what you want but its still a Soprano Associate to me) and a German brewed Indian Pale Ale.

img_0995.jpg

I was going to post a few more pictures but it seems the forum software only allows one picture per post? Oh well.

In case anyone was wondering how I'm able to smoke outdoors in the cold... this thing rocks!

img_0999.jpg

It might be the way you’re holding your phone Shawn, but I don’t have a problem doing more than one pic at a time. Hold the phone in landscape. Or, phone sideways with picture button on your right hand. That will fix the pic orientation as well.

Looks nice. That German IPA looks interesting!

It might be the way you’re holding your phone Shawn, but I don’t have a problem doing more than one pic at a time. Hold the phone in landscape. Or, phone sideways with picture button on your right hand. That will fix the pic orientation as well.

Looks nice. That German IPA looks interesting!

It is an excellent beer, I'm so glad that the Germans have decide to give APA and IPA beers a shot.

Hmmm, picture orientation... on my screen they are just fine, is your screen showing them sideways?

It is an excellent beer, I'm so glad that the Germans have decide to give APA and IPA beers a shot.

Hmmm, picture orientation... on my screen they are just fine, is your screen showing them sideways?

Weird! They look fine now, but this morning they were all loading sideways.

Really like that heater!

Only bad thing about it is I can't let my cats out on the balcony when using it, Milo our Norwegian Forest cat is a fuzzy cat and I'm scared he'll go *poof* if he gets too close to it.

How does the Guinness compare to US versions?

It is imported from Dublin, I'm not sure where the US versions are brewed, but if it says Dublin on your cans / bottles I suspect there isn't a difference. I buy the cans due to the widget.

All the way up until the mid 1990s most German pubs used CO2 for Guinness (to save money) until the company cracked down on it and forced them to start using Nitrogen instead. That changed the taste of the beer drastically. My wife loved Guinness until the change, now she can't stand it. The most visibly noticeable change is the color of the foam, CO2 forms a snow white head, Nitrogen forms a light tan colored head. Taste wise Nitrogen imparts a slightly bitter almost sour taste to the beer.

In my experience, there's very little difference between the Guinness here in the states and back in Ireland. If I remember correctly there was some Guinness being brewed here domestically however that changed and now all Guinness should be brewed in Ireland and exported here.

Wurm, not sure what you have available there but we get the Extra Stout version which comes in 12oz bottles. It is CO2 carbed like normal as opposed to the draught and canned versions which use the nitro widgets. My favorite is the Foreign Export version however I haven't seen it on the shelves in quite a while.

In my experience, there's very little difference between the Guinness here in the states and back in Ireland. If I remember correctly there was some Guinness being brewed here domestically however that changed and now all Guinness should be brewed in Ireland and exported here.

Wurm, not sure what you have available there but we get the Extra Stout version which comes in 12oz bottles. It is CO2 carbed like normal as opposed to the draught and canned versions which use the nitro widgets. My favorite is the Foreign Export version however I haven't seen it on the shelves in quite a while.

We have the Extra Stout, but I'm not as big of a fan of it as I am in regards to the Draught.

I don't mind the Nitro taste, and it keeps the old lady out of my Guinness stash... :p

Of all the beers I drank over there, I always fell back to Guinness Draught either tap or can (because of the widget, exactly). I love nitro stouts, and the only one I've found I like better than Guinness is Wild Hog Stout by Maui Brewing Company. It's damn near perfection in a pint glass.

If all goes well, we'll be back in Germany by fall. Hoooopefully down around Garmisch, this time.