• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A 'noob' gets Bombed!

drockspang1

My fellow BOTL/SOTL, I wanted to acknowledge an extreme act of kindness bestowed upon me today. This was done by an established member here on CP that you know well. As a newbie, I feel humbled by this act of generosity because it reaffirms to me what I'm starting to understand about CP. That we're all "brothers & sisters" who share a passion for the finest cigars that money can buy. And while it feels good to hunt for and buy that one you've been looking for, sometimes, just maybe, it's better to bomb the hell out of a totally unsuspecting noob, just to say "good job"! :p

In all seriousness, I want to thank our fellow BOTL "Tall Paul" for one heck of a bomb today. Paul really went above & beyond with this one, taking in to account sticks off my wishlist & some really HTF smokes. It was a gesture of congratulations for a recent contest that I participated in, but I also took it as a welcome to CP. Paul, you're a great member here on this site and hopefull one day we can share one together?  Thanks again Paul! I really owe you one!

A most recently humbled noob,

Derek

good stuff!

I Joined my first cigar forum in the late 90's. One of the other members had "Dibert" quotes on his sig tag. I happened to be in a book store and they had some Dilbert calendars and paperback books on sale. I picked up a few goodies and sent them to this fellow because his posts were always funny and good spirited. This is before I knew that "gifting" and "bombing" went on. At that time, it was mostly kept off of the boards, behind the scenes.

He emailed me a thank you and I told him that it made me happy to send the stuff and for some reason, he popped into my mind when I saw the display.

A couple of weeks later a package was deilvered by UPS and low and behold, cigars that I never thought I would see. A couple of Opus X (at that time I couldn't get them unless I paid $800 a box from a reseller) Padron 1964 and 1926 and some cuban cigars. At that time I was smoking samplers from Thompson's. Needless to say, it rocked my world. Neither my wife or I could understand why he would send me that stuff. I distinctly remember her joking about joining a jewelry forum, LOL.

Ever since then, I relish the opportunity to bomb a good newbie. Do in the future as others have done unto you.

Nice work, Tall Paul.

Way to go Paul!! :thumbs:  

Congrats on the contest as well Derek!!

Good for you. Seems like you get it. Wait till you send your first bomb. The best part is following your package across the country through the USPS and when the status shows your payload has been dropped your excitement will increase knowing you hit someone and made their day.
Oh and that Paul guy....He's dangerous.

Uh oh, I think now you own him sexual favors. ???

and... now we know where CJ gets all his cigars from.

Well Derek, good for you. A bomb is an awesome feeling. Tall Paul, ya da MAN!

beyond the band said:
Good for you. Seems like you get it. Wait till you send your first bomb. The best part is following your package across the country through the USPS and when the status shows your payload has been dropped your excitement will increase knowing you hit someone and made their day.
Oh and that Paul guy....He's dangerous.
Yep! Someday I'll get to surprise some newbie... It'll be great! Paul def knows how to bomb!
Thanks 'BtB'

Derek

that's awesome.

I just sent out my first bomb last week......kind of a return fire for the first guy to bomb me from a different cigar forum......it is very fun.

CBoukal said:
and... now we know where CJ gets all his cigars from.

If you've ever seen his humidor, you'd realize he must be pretty damn good at it.

drockspang1 said:
My fellow BOTL/SOTL, I wanted to acknowledge an extreme act of kindness bestowed upon me today. This was done by an established member here on CP that you know well. As a newbie, I feel humbled by this act of generosity because it reaffirms to me what I'm starting to understand about CP. That we're all "brothers & sisters" who share a passion for the finest cigars that money can buy. And while it feels good to hunt for and buy that one you've been looking for, sometimes, just maybe, it's better to bomb the hell out of a totally unsuspecting noob, just to say "good job"! :p

In all seriousness, I want to thank our fellow BOTL "Tall Paul" for one heck of a bomb today. Paul really went above & beyond with this one, taking in to account sticks off my wishlist & some really HTF smokes. It was a gesture of congratulations for a recent contest that I participated in, but I also took it as a welcome to CP. Paul, you're a great member here on this site and hopefull one day we can share one together?  Thanks again Paul! I really owe you one!

A most recently humbled noob,

Derek
I am suprised at how many "smart asses" run down the brother / sister concept.  They normally don't make it here very long.  Good for you recognizing it!  Congrats on being bombed by one of the busiest brothers on the board.