• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Request

BrewMeister

The Titus Pullo of CP
Hello all,

Rod, a quick suggestion, is it possible to add the "Topic Start Date" to this view?

cp_date.jpg

Perhaps it could be included with the "Topic Starter"?
I think it would be helpful in sorting through the listing of new posts, to determine if the topic is new or just the latest posting. Most BBS formats included this, thought we might be able to with a minor tweak to the format. Just a suggestion, thanks for any consideration.

guys...
just hold your mouse over the topic title... it does show the topic start date

Swissy said:
guys...
[snapback]278657[/snapback]​

Okay, that's something new I've learned today. Thanks, Swissy!

stevehawk said:
Swissy said:
guys...

[snapback]278681[/snapback]​

I think Rod has the ability to change that mouse rollover. I've seen it where you can read the first paragraph or even the topic starters name.

Shibumi said:
stevehawk said:
Swissy said:
guys...

I think Rod has the ability to change that mouse rollover. I've seen it where you can read the first paragraph or even the topic starters name.
[snapback]278686[/snapback]​

That might be a nice user option, to be able to choose what you see (if anything) when you roll your mouse over the topic title. Sometimes I personally find it irritating that when perusing the list of topics I need to move my mouse off the page in order to not have something pop up. But I'm a freak.

Shibumi said:
stevehawk said:
Swissy said:
guys...

[snapback]278686[/snapback]​

There's tons of hacks you can do to the thread listings - the problems is that the more you tax the server, and especially with the increasing member base, the more likely Rod is going to run into more performance issues because of the "code-candy".

Gonz said:
That might be a nice user option, to be able to choose what you see (if anything) when you roll your mouse over the topic title. Sometimes I personally find it irritating that when perusing the list of topics I need to move my mouse off the page in order to not have something pop up. But I'm a freak.

I can't stand it when a page freezes while your trying to scroll because of some stupid slow-loading javascript (most notorious are those stupid keyword ads that pop-up as a tool-tip when the mouse gets near them).

Swissy said:
guys...
?? Sorry ?? however, that trick doesn't work for me. I normally use FireFox 1.5, thought perhaps it was something only IE supported. So I fired up IE, (version 6.0.2900.2180) and still no joy. The only place I see a "mouse rollover" pop up (in both FireFox and IE) is over the FORUM name which is just the forum name displayed in the rollover...

Weird?

BrewMeister said:
Swissy said:
guys...
?? Sorry ?? however, that trick doesn't work for me. I normally use FireFox 1.5, thought perhaps it was something only IE supported. So I fired up IE, (version 6.0.2900.2180) and still no joy. The only place I see a "mouse rollover" pop up (in both FireFox and IE) is over the FORUM name which is just the forum name displayed in the rollover...

Weird?
[snapback]278742[/snapback]​

Go here (the "index" are of this forum. Hover over the Topic Title (not the user name, last post, etc.) A tooltip will show the date is was started. Using FF 1.4 and it works fine here.

BrewMeister said:
Swissy said:
guys...

Weird?

hmm... I'm using FireFox 1.5 and works fine, as does M$ IE6

Maybe a text list of the date would be better, for everyone would see that. But for me, the mouseover works fine...

Swissy said:
BrewMeister said:
Swissy said:
guys...

Weird?

hmm... I'm using FireFox 1.5 and works fine, as does M$ IE6

Maybe a text list of the date would be better, for everyone would see that. But for me, the mouseover works fine...
[snapback]278778[/snapback]​

Thanks all for the suggestions and opinions. The mystery is solved, the suggestion to use the rollover to display the start date was not on the same screen as I posted above. The main index screen does provide a rollover as mentioned. The view that is shown above, the view I use most often, is the one that results when you click on "View New Posts" that resulting display does not exihibit the rollover as suggested above. Or at least that is the conclusion I've come to...

Back