• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Warning to ALL other newbies

I started with 1 small little 10 humi, then bought a 30, now shopping for another, and that was all before I joined this site, like a few days ago, now I'm scared, this is going to get out of hand, I need a better job, lol!

Just a second or third.............. :sign:

Job? God I hope not, I wouldn't have time to sit and enjoy the cigars, which would then negate the entire reason for the jobs, lol!

This isn't a warning, but rather like a vision in a crystal ball...it's gonna happen. I had a little 30 ct. desktop when I found CP. The 30 ct. hit maximum density, so I started doing some reading here on CP about choosing a humidor. Everyone said, "buy bigger than you think you need". I was looking at 100 ct. and 150 ct. humis, and took the advice I'd received and bought a 300 ct. That soon hit maximum density, and I figured I'd just add a little desktop. But, thinking back on the advice I heard before, I got a 250 ct. Predictably, it has also reached capacity, and I'm planning for mass storage. Although the coolidor without question the most popular option, I have an idea that I think might work. You see, I have this thing that I want to convert....well - stay tuned. I don't want to blow the surprise. :whistling:

edit: to fix grammar

Oh man, This is gonna be interesting. Crazy and expensive, but fun!

I've started smoking cigars a little over a year ago I'm up to 3 humis. and always have at least 200 cigars on hand.
That not counting my travel humi that is water prof so I can take them with me when I go swimming. :rolleyes:

I've been smoking cigars off and on for almost 12 years, well since I was 16, so 11 years, but it's only been the past 6 months or so that I've been serious about it. It's funny, I keep buying cigars, but I keep running out, I give them to my firends too, so I've gone through more than 300 cigars in the past 6 months, but my humis stay at about the same level, I just know if I'm gonna do it right, I need more, lol, cigars, humis, and money, lol! :blush:

Yeap tell me about it, started with 50 sticks and a small humi then I got a 200ct humi then I was looking for wine cooler but no luck.
so I just got 56qt coleman cooler I guess this is just the begining with no end :D :love:

Free for joining this site? yeah right. I had a nice little desktop humidor and some Don Carlos #2s to smoke. I would pick up a few sticks every so often to smoke, mainly HDMs. After joining here, I now have two desktops, a 400 count end table humidor and a veno-temp and trying to come up with a way to fill all of them with recommended smokes from this site.

Free is the last thing about joining this site..... :D

But I have learned a lot from the BOTLs on here who are much more knowledgeable then I am just thru reading and observing.

I have to hand it to the Humidor manufacturers. I'm really close to convincing my wife to let me buy one of the end table humidors because it might go really well with the living room. And you know once I can convince her to get one, I can get her to agree to another. I mean, you've got to have matching end tables, right?

Amd here is Justins Wine-o-dor............Don't we all wish.

I would say its actually a tad to small. I know if I purchased one of those, I would need a model with a bed and sink because sleeping on the couch would be out of the question.

Yeah if only I could put a years pay towards a giant coolidor. lol

Well just got my third little Humi yesterday, and my fourth is on the way. It's a sickness I tell you, but a sickness I don't want to get over!

Yeah if only I could put a years pay towards a giant coolidor. lol

Well just got my third little Humi yesterday, and my fourth is on the way. It's a siskness I tell you, but a sickness I don't want to get over!

I'm bypassing the 2nd desktop and am actively researching an end table humi. I know I'm going to need it.

Yeah, I don't know, I can afford to buy multiple little ones on a semi regular basis, and still get the cigars to fill them, but I can't afford the big expenditure. Chances are when I can, I'll just sell some "pre-seasoned" humidors on ebay or something, but for now, I gotta do what I gotta do, sucks though, This sickness is the most expensive thing in my life, I spend more of my money on cigars and such than I do on my friggin rent!

Ill have to be totally honest with you guys, since this therad started i have been searching like a nut on building a wine-o-dor and that IS next. From what i can see as long as you get one thats bigger than what you think you need just like a regular humi this will be cheaper in the long run. I am most likely pulling the trigger in the next week and starting this project.

Yeah that's definately in my plan for the future, the key to that would be getting a job that is not a temp job, but having an actual salary, and knowing that I have employment for awhile, I've been working as a temp for 3 years now, I make decent money, but no real security, so basically, any major purchases, cannot be done, only lots of little ones, but I've read so much about those wine/cool-idors, I definately want to work on one sooner or later.

I've been smoking for about a year now, and I just have a small desktop humidor that holds about 12 cigars max. I just can't afford to spend as much as you guys do!

Well when this thread started I had just got done seasoning my second desktop and just yesterday I bought a small cabinet that holds around 200 singles and 15-30 boxes. I cant fill it up but it made more sense then buying another desktop only to fill it next month.

It becomes more a matter of need than want. You have to have a cigar that will fit each and every time you have to have one and each and every time is different. Then there are the necessary trades, bombs and passes. You have to have something special to contribute. Before you realize it you've amassed thousands (literally), large quantities stored for life. More than you could ever imagine consuming. But still, you need more and more and more........... This shi# becomes a bizarre obsession. Don't let it get to you. Stand back and assess the situation and make sure you are in your happy place at all times.

It becomes more a matter of need than want. You have to have a cigar that will fit each and every time you have to have one and each and every time is different. Then there are the necessary trades, bombs and passes. You have to have something special to contribute. Before you realize it you've amassed thousands (literally), large quantities stored for life. More than you could ever imagine consuming. But still, you need more and more and more........... This shi# becomes a bizarre obsession. Don't let it get to you. Stand back and assess the situation and make sure you are in your happy place at all times.

I think that was perfectly put. Well said Golfgar, 2 thumbs up.

OK, maybe I'm not obsessed, maybe I'm just picky, or maybe.. just maybe I smoke too many stoggies...l don't know. I have a 150 count humi that I've had for 7 years and it's the largest one I've owned. If I happen upon a really good smoke, I'll buy 2-3 and ussually smoke one that day. I keep a pretty nice variety of cigars, but ussually only 3-5 of the types I like. As I smoke them, I replace them. I keep a few top cigars for special occasions as the need fits, they get used, traded or the like. When I buy a box of cigars, they ussually get smoked to quickly to worry about putting them into the humi as they are used for gatherings (beer and cigar or scotch and cigar events, birthdays.. football games..), but I always try to ensure they are the ones I'm low on or dont have any of, so I can place a few in the humi for later.

It might be I'm trying to keep up a scotch habbit too. I also work a hooka...Man too many good things! Either way... relax and just enjoy!