• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Acid cigars

bombtek

I have tried and I did enjoy some of the Acid cigars. In particular, I really liked the Atom Maduro, and the 1400cc. I was wondering what the general consensus of these smokes are here on this board. Whatever the answer is, it won't change my opinion of the gars (nice for a change of pace, but pricy for what they are), that's already formed. I was just wondering how others with more seasoned taste buds than mine felt about them.

barfonu-vi.gif

bwahahaha.....there is the first reply.....thought that it might be something like that....just not as ummm......graphic

This coming from the guy who used to smoke em' himself. :sign:

Yeah that's the consistent reaction you'll get around here concerning Acids. If you make your rounds, there's just simply much better cigars to be had! I think some people have somewhat of an Acid phase when they first start smoking...I never did but I know of several who have at least tried them early in their smoking career.

You'll grow out of it...later on you will probably say (much like my roommate Brett above, I should give him a little credit, he smokes good stuff now) "I can't believe I used to smoke that crap!" :thumbs:

The Naturals and the Dirt are the only ones I can say are worth smoking. I actually like the sweetness of the Dirt. Very interesting flavor profile. The rest of Acids are crap.

The Naturals and the Dirt are the only ones I can say are worth smoking. I actually like the sweetness of the Dirt. Very interesting flavor profile. The rest of Acids are crap.

I just smoked a Natural Robusto or Toro a few days ago. I think it's a blend of pipe and cigar tobaccos designed to deliver the best of both worlds. Let me tell you, it didn't. The first part was sort of enjoyable but then it sort of fell apart. Neither smooth enough to be soothing as a pipe nor rich enough in tobacco flavor to be satisfying as a cigar, it fell into the crack between two worlds.

Wilkey

I have some friends that like them, but they are both fairly new to smoking. I'm not a fan of them at all, but to each his own!

The one I had made me sick.... It was terrible

I had a bunch of the Extra Oridinary Larry smokes for a while. At first I did not mind them every once in a while. Now I stay away from them because A) I have nowhere to put them and B) they just don't taste good anymore. To each his own if you or someone else enjoy them there are definatley enough to go around.

The Natural maduros are the only ones I can stomach. They are smokeable...Not much there tastewise.

I got one in my noOb sampler. Truth is, I kinda wanted to like it. It was one of the Krush Morado Maduro sticks.

The thing just reeked. Smelled like it had been soaked in "Old Spice" after shave. Just disgusting. Three pulls and that sucker hit the ash tray forever. Tasted like it'd been soaked in Old Spice, too. Had to hotbox a cheap bundle stick just to get the taste out of my mouth....just disgusting. Never again...

...my $00.02 - B.B.S.

Tried Dirt and Blondie.

Both were interesting to say the least, but nothing I'd smoke again.
Good intro smoke for newbs and chicks :p

The only Drew Estates flavored that I have tried is the tequila one...it sucked...poor construction and really bad (weird) flavor.

-Fetter

... Whatever the answer is, it won't change my opinion of the gars (nice for a change of pace, but pricy for what they are), that's already formed...

That's good because only you can decide what you like.

Acids and Naturals are two different lines, constructed differently. The Acids are scented or flavored artificially with botanical oils and herbs.

Any aroma that the Naturals have comes from the blending of tobacco grown in countries that are not the typical tobacco producing countries like the Dominican Republic, Honduras and Nicaragua.

About the Natural line from the Drew Estate site:

“A lot of people say that Natural is similar to ACID,” Drew says. “It’s completely different. Natural cigars are based on gourmet blending and some of the blends are very traditional, but all of them have a pronounced and distinguishable flavor.

“Most cigars have tobaccos from between one and three different countries. Four countries is pushing it, and five is unheard of. We blend tobaccos from up to 12 different countries in Natural. Countries like Turkey, Haiti, West
Africa, and even Louisiana in the U.S. create wonderful, rich tobaccos that are mild, yet extremely complex, but until now have never made their way into premium cigars.”

The bottom line is that some people like them and some don't. But each Natural line is almost a different cigar. I have tried the Root, Dirt and Clean. I liked the Root and Dirt. The Clean was bleah. It was bland.

Try some of the other Natural lines. You may find a few that you like.

I fist started smoking acids, buts it's been so long, I can't really remember what I thought of them then. The naturals, I do like every now and then, root and dirt are the ones I've tried and liked. Like others have said, smoke what you like.

Acids are marketed towards the newbie who doesn't know any better. Real cigar smokers do not go anywhere near these scented pieces of crap.

The Naturals are nothing I would smoke, people whose tastes I respect have told me their is nothing in that line worth smoking.