• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

adding shelves to coolerdor

beanz203

Hey guys, I'm looking to add some wire shelving to my coolerdor. What I want to do is stand it up tall so that the lid opens up like a fridge and install 3 or 4 shelves. Probably the kind of wire shelving with the white plastic coating like used in closets and what not. Anyone ever tried this? What's the best way to install them without compromising the functionality of the coolerdor. I'd prefer not to do any drilling, but if it comes to it, I guess I might. Thanks in advance.

Did you buy your cooler yet? Some coolers have grooves on the side of them where you could just slide the shelving right into the grooves without having to do any drilling or anything else.

I think you'll want to check out the various "show me your humi" threads here. IIRC, the large Marine coolers have these slots on the inside wall that will allow you to set up shelves as you indicated. Very cool setup, IMO.

Wilkey

Like Wilkey said, you'll need to have a Marine Cooler which has the slots in it already. Then you can go to Lowe's or whatever compairable hardware store you have in your area, and buy some wire shelving. Cost me roughly $6.30 for 6' and I only ended up using about 1/2 of it!

I need to get one of these coolidor's - my 300 count humi ( which probably only holds 175 sticks :angry: ) is full, and I would like to start buying some boxes now that I have narrowed down my taste - This cigar thing can really grab you. I guess this weekend will be spent looking for a Marine cooler - Is Walmart the best place to look? Couple other questions - 1. Do you need to cut the wire shelving to size, or does it come in different lengths that just fit in? 2. How much in the way of beads should I get for a large cooler?

Wal Mart, K Mart any of those places will have the Marine Coolers. Just go to they're sporting goods department to get it.

The wire shelving I bought I had to cut to size myself. Not a big deal if you happen to have bolt cutters, a dremel tool or the like. I used the latter and was done in about 20 minutes.

Per Viper,for a 150 qt cooler you'll need 2/3# of beads. By getting the whole # the extra beads will such up any extra moisture that may accumulate. I'm sure Viper or one of the other guys can fill you in on this part better then I.

I am currently doing a cooler just like this.I will try to post pics when I am done.

I just picked up a 100qt Coleman cooler from The Sports Authority for $30. It's freakin sweet!! :thumbs: Has the slots for shelves and a handy lock on the lid.
And the whole thing is white, no tacky bright red or blue lookin out of place. It is a cooler though, so it still looks out of place, just not so much. :D