• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aero beds....

TxAgVern

I have family coming into town in a few weeks and not enough beds. I was thinking about putting an air mattress in my office but have always had horrible expirences wih them. After doing some reading about these Aero beds they seem to have some high reviews. Does anyone have one and if so do you like it? Just wanted a little more input before I purchase one of these.

Heres what I am looking at:

AeroBed Premier Comfort Zone Raised

We own one for our overflow guests, and we've also slept on them as guests at other peoples' houses. My only warning is that some of them can sit pretty high, and if a sleeper isn't very agile, tall, or fit, they might face some rather unpredictable dismounts since the edges aren't as firm as the rest of it. I wouldn't recommend making your 95-year-old fragile Aunt Ethel sleep on it (unless you want her to break her hip), but for most people, they're fine.

They can take a small amount of fiddling to find the right degree of firmness, but once they pass the Goldilocks test, they're great. Easy to set up (breaking them down is a bit more effort, but nothing insurmountable--especially if you have two people), require little storage space, and are far more comfortable than all hide-a-beds and most futons, at least in my experience. The price can't be beat either when compared to the cost of a hotel room. Go for it.

Funny you ask. I slept on one of these two night ago at a friends house. I thought is was very comfortable and even asked him the next day what kind it was because I thought it was awesome.

In short, the one I slept on was great.

I have a twin sized one that I keep in my trunk for when I crash at a friends house, etc. It can accommodate two averaged sized people no problem. Very comfortable. I've had it for a while, and it doesn't leak enough to notice as night, but does require a short refill of air each day.

I would recommend as well. Use them all the time up at my parents cottage. :)

I have a queen areo bed that I use when we have company. They are easy to inflate with the included pump. They are very comfortable to sleep on and will accommodate two full grown adults. Breaking it down is as simple as one could ask for. All in all they are very good quality and fairly priced. I def. recommend.

Yojimbo slept on my areo bed when he visited, ask him how he liked it.

I think they are pretty mediocre.
They are too firm when you go to bed and too soft in the morning.
They are okay for a night, maybe two but any more than that no way.
I'd rather sleep on a sofa...

-Rob

aero beds are great for what they are: cheap easy extra beds.

Two minuses:
Not much support for folks with a 'bad back'
in colder rooms you need to put blankets UNDER the sleeper to insulate. The bed is the same temperature as the outside air, so no matter how many blankets you have on top you're still going to lose a ton of body heat.

~R

aero beds are great for what they are: cheap easy extra beds.

Two minuses:
Not much support for folks with a 'bad back'
in colder rooms you need to put blankets UNDER the sleeper to insulate. The bed is the same temperature as the outside air, so no matter how many blankets you have on top you're still going to lose a ton of body heat.

~R
That's why I like them always nice and cool, some models are better than others I have slept on a couple the double section style was the most comfortable while the travel one the least.

I've slept on them and can say I've had worse night's sleep on conventional mattress vs. those. In other words, there are far worse ways to spend a night, some futons included.

That said, I did sleep on a high falutin' version of these called a select-comfort that was, presumably malfunctioning, such that when it was inflated, the only portion which would inflate was directly under the lumbar region. Imagine a watermelon slowly being wedged 'neath your back - that was the effect. Then, during the night, it would sssssssssssssssssssssslowly leak so that, by morning, it was back around 20 or 24 on their numbering system.

Well thank you for the comments and personal experiences. I went ahead and purchased a queen size aero bed. I hope this one will be better than the last one I purchased, which slowly deflated throughout the night.

I've slept on one a couple of times. All and all not a bad nights sleep, fairly stable (I was about 265lbs at the time). not as good a comfy couch, but sure as heck beats a futton or the floor.

I will probably sleep on it first just to test the waters, before setting one of my family members up for failure.... I have done that once with my brother who never said anything but I slept great. Till later on when it was my turn to sleep on it, to wake up laying on the floor with a thin sheet on plastic between the floor and I. :sign: