• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aged Cigars... Yum Yum Yum

comptalk

If anyone has the room, I definately recommend aging some boxes of cigars.  In 2006, I put away three boxes of Opus X,Shark 77 Anejo, Tatuaje Corona 2003, a few boxes of Cubans, Padron Serie 1926, Padron Serie 1964 and a whole bunch of Hemmingway styles.  I also found a box of those Gurka Pre-Embargo cigars (45 left of them.)  Best 100.00 I spent on cigars yet.

So far, I took out a AF Shark 77 Anejo, AF Work of Art, AF Short Story and Padron 1964 Principe.  All the AF's were amazing.  They aged quite nicely.  The Shark 77 not as bold as I once remembered it to be.  It's a bit more mellow, but still packs a nice build up and punch.  It was a very nice smoke.  The 1964 Padron I wasn't too crazy about.  I actually could not finish it.  It was down right horrible.  It tasted more like a cigarette then a hand made quality "premium" cigar.  Back in 2006, I used to go through these also.  They are not the shortest smokes, but doable during a drive.  Not sure what happened to the Padron 1964.  I am tempted to check out the Padron Serie 1926 next.  I got them with the hand painted humidor thingy.  It was for some sort of auction for charity or something.  I remember they were some really good smokes.  I am hoping the same is still true.  Next up....  Tatuaje Corona 2003.  I was never crazy about this cigar.  Let's see what 8 years of additional aging has done to this cigar....

Bad news mate.  While many Arturo Fuente cigars benefits from aging, Padrons on the other hand is almost universally advised against doing so.  I hear the x000 series can benefit from some aging, but the Anniv. series comes pre-aged and are best right when you buy em.

That sucks.  So you think the 1926 Serie is going to be unpleasant as well?  This is the first I've had a a cigar, which was aged, turn into a dog rocket...  Hope this is not the case...

With cigars, who knows?  I've also talked with a person that aged Padrons (the 1926) 8 years in their humi and they swore it was the best Padron they've had.  I say, open them up to test them and try several sticks.  I would say worst case scenario, if they turned out to be very mellow, try pairing it with a drink that helps accent the flavors more.  (Captain Morgan Spiced Rum surprisingly does the job for me.  I hear root beer, whiskey, and coffee are also popular drinks to pair it with.)

I like Root Beer with certain cigars. Also Sambuca Black. Ditto on the Padrons. I found out the hard way with several boxes of Annis and 26s. Will try smoking some sson to see if they flipped another way in flavors.

I know some people recommend aging Padron cigars but I find they lose most of their flavor over time.

I've only tried a few sticks that were aged....

From the Newbie Trade...Kid Montana was kind enough to hit me with a couple....

They really are, so much better....

I've had some LFD coronado Hammer from 2008, right up there with some of the very best I have had including cubans.

I have some of the last of the coronado line, some Tatuaje, and a couple of boxes of Anejos  that I'm planning to let sit for as many years as I can.

The years seem to marry and mellow while enriching flavors.

Man, personal User, Those early coronados were absolutely delicious. I have a some of the Double Coronas left. In this case, they were so good, I actually resisted saving more than a few because I wanted to smoke them while they were so delicious. I guess I need to smoke one and see if it was the right move. hahaha!

Smoking the Padron Serie 1926 right now and it's fantastic...  No problems whatsoever.  Very tasty!!!

All Fuentes tend to do well with age.  Padrons, as the others have said, are a mixed bag.  The classic line ages excellently, but the 64s don't seem to do so at all.  Opinions vary on the 1926 Serie--I have a box of #2 Maduros that have six years on them.  They've lost a little punch, but the flavors are still nicely nuanced.

Aged Tool! Tool tool tool! Bro, whoever or whatever you are, you are a massive fucking tool! What did you come here to post this to brag to everybody about your "aged" shit sticks because you think you're the only guy that has cigars with 5 or more years on them?!?? All you accomplished is that you came off like a total fucking tool gamer faggot who has no life outside of your job, no social life and basically base your worth on your stupid fucking cigars.

This is exactly why I don't want to become a member of these stupid online cigar communities. They're full of dork fucking Internet faggots who couldn't get a decent looking woman to save their lives, spend ALL of their time in cigar chat rooms, spend ALL their fucking money on inferior cigarbid cigars and subpar online cubans and then brag to all the other cigar fags about what they have and how they plan on "aging" them. You are all pitiful, emasculated fucking tools!!!!! GET A FUCKING LIFE!!!!!

And yet you are a member of this stupid online cigar community. ???

:laugh: You're done.

Doc

TonyChicago said:
Aged Tool! Tool tool tool! Bro, whoever or whatever you are, you are a massive fucking tool! What did you come here to post this to brag to everybody about your "aged" shit sticks because you think you're the only guy that has cigars with 5 or more years on them?!?? All you accomplished is that you came off like a total fucking tool gamer faggot who has no life outside of your job, no social life and basically base your worth on your stupid fucking cigars.

This is exactly why I don't want to become a member of these stupid online cigar communities. They're full of dork fucking Internet faggots who couldn't get a decent looking woman to save their lives, spend ALL of their time in cigar chat rooms, spend ALL their fucking money on inferior cigarbid cigars and subpar online cubans and then brag to all the other cigar fags about what they have and how they plan on "aging" them. You are all pitiful, emasculated fucking tools!!!!! GET A FUCKING LIFE!!!!!
Just for posterities sake.

Doc

TonyChicago said:

Yawn. Such a waste of time.

TonyChicago needs something much stronger than a Scooby Snack.