• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aged?

sir-smokes-a-lot

A Freudian Slip in progress
My question is what qualifies a cigar for "aged" status. Is it a # of months, years?

I should also mention that the new P. Diddy video with Nelly and Murphy Lee, "Shake ya Tailfeather", takes place in Cuba and they show some nice clips from the insides of factories.

I am finding more and more, people consider pre-99 aged cigars. After 98 Cubans seemed to decline in quality for a few years with some exceptions. For domestics, most will hit their peak in flavor and burn within 3 years of being boxed. Although my experience with aged Domestics is limited to only a couple that were older than 3 years.

Emo

Almost any decent smoke will benefit from some aging, even just a week or two, if only to stabilize the moisture content. I've seen commentary that anything beyond five years and you have a totally different smoke (not necessarily better), and that aging will not help a mediocre stick to improve.
Definitely not an exact science.

Psyktek

Agree. An aged dog rocket is still a dog rocket!