• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aging Cigars

The Master said:
jabba, I can't find the thread where we were discussing how long Padron ages their cigars. My buddy got back to me and he said 30-90 days is all.
[snapback]275796[/snapback]​
Which would explain why I have never had one off the shelf that I liked. Tastes way to young and green to me. Anyone else think this about Padrons?

Also, what do people think about ageing the Brazilia line? I dont, nor do I like to put them in my humi. I prefer this line young and kept in tupperware. I love the absence of cedar and the abundance of the earthy aroma.

Emo

emodx said:
The Master said:
jabba, I can't find the thread where we were discussing how long Padron ages their cigars. My buddy got back to me and he said 30-90 days is all.
Which would explain why I have never had one off the shelf that I liked. Tastes way to young and green to me. Anyone else think this about Padrons?

Also, what do people think about ageing the Brazilia line? I dont, nor do I like to put them in my humi. I prefer this line young and kept in tupperware. I love the absence of cedar and the abundance of the earthy aroma.

Emo
[snapback]275800[/snapback]​

Is this why that sapphire tasted like someone's left toe today ?!!!?
IT got to a point that I had to day I will not suffer through this :(

What a waste of $$$

Cheekie said:
emodx said:
The Master said:

Emo
[snapback]275800[/snapback]​

Is this why that sapphire tasted like someone's left toe today ?!!!?
IT got to a point that I had to day I will not suffer through this :(

What a waste of $$$
[snapback]275807[/snapback]​
Well yes, it was young. That was the tannic green taste. The bitter tastes was being too wet. But, on the flip side, it burned perfectly. Razor sharp with a firm ash. I say get another at some point, then let it sit for 6 months and give it a try.
Emo

cheekie,

sorry to hear about the sapphire. i will wait to drop a few bucks into it then.

jabba said:
smokegetsinyoureyes said:
I have had a box of Padron 3K for over a year.  I smoke them infrequently, however, each one is getting better than the last one.  Not sure about others, smoke them too fast.
[snapback]275145[/snapback]​

The thousand series Padrons are probably one of my favorite budget friendly sticks to age. After about 10-12 months they begin to develop into a super premium cigar IMO. My favorite is the 2000.
[snapback]275161[/snapback]​

Me too. A $70 box that after one year starts to taste like a $100 box is a very nice thing indeed. Given 'em 3-five years and they'll clobber most $200/box sticks. Gimme a steady rotation of 2K and 6K with just a handful of PAMs thown in and I could be a very happy man. :thumbs:

I love my Padron Anniversary 1964 and 1926 in Maduro right off the shelf with no aging. I also smoke their regular line on the golf course with no aging. The regular line gets better with age, but I haven't found any reason to age the others.

I've always heard good things about PAdron XOOO line, so a bought a few 4 packs. I hated them all. After reading many of the posts, it sounds like they need a little age. Maybe i'll have to buy a box to age....

tjm5019 said:
I've always heard good things about PAdron XOOO line, so a bought a few 4 packs. I hated them all. After reading many of the posts, it sounds like they need a little age. Maybe i'll have to buy a box to age....
[snapback]276099[/snapback]​

Certainly try a few with some age on them. The other possibility is that Padron just might not light your fire. I can smoke Fuente stuff all day long but I never hear bells ring. COuld be that it just doesn't fit your particular tastes.

Ginseng said:
tjm5019 said:
I've always heard good things about PAdron XOOO line, so a bought a few 4 packs.  I hated them all.  After reading many of the posts, it sounds like they need a little age.  Maybe i'll have to buy a box to age....
[snapback]276099[/snapback]​

Certainly try a few with some age on them. The other possibility is that Padron just might not light your fire. I can smoke Fuente stuff all day long but I never hear bells ring. COuld be that it just doesn't fit your particular tastes.
[snapback]276134[/snapback]​
Good point.

Tim, if you don't like them now, then I don't think any amount of age will get them to your liking. They are a unique flavor that is strong and pungent. Some people just don't care for the taste of Nicaraguan tobacco,you might be one of those.

The Master said:
Tim, if you don't like them now, then I don't think any amount of age will get them to your liking. They are a unique flavor that is strong and pungent. Some people just don't care for the taste of Nicaraguan tobacco,you might be one of those.
[snapback]276186[/snapback]​
Maybe you are right. But then again, you probably have a bit more time smoking ceegars than he does. I do find the young Padrons green and tannic. Perhaps that is what he doesnt like. To my palate, there is a world of difference between a young 3000 maduro, and one that is 9-12 months in my fridge-dor. Just a thought.

Emo