• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ahhh...College Football

Well, that was atrocious. I'm happy for 9-0, but I can't argue if ND is put back below Alabama, K-State, and Oregon. The Fiesta Bowl is a nice consolation prize for a team with "The Toughest Schedule In College Football" (ESPN's words at the beginning of the season) who were expected to be lucky if they were even in the Independence Bowl, never mind the BCS.

Alabama/LSU went the way I figured it would. Tough, low scoring right to the end, with Alabama coming out on top. I don't see them losing first place votes in a tough conference game against the #5 team like this.

I'm not so sold on Oregon anymore. They are a team that's just waiting to lose, much like WV was earlier in the season. It will be interesting to see what happens in January when they come up against a real defense...

Did K-State's QB get injured during the OSU game? That could change things for the final few games.

I'm not so sold on Oregon anymore. They are a team that's just waiting to lose, much like WV was earlier in the season.

The difference is WV allowed that many points every game. This was a one time shot and will not happen again against Stanford or OSU.

Right, but look who they have been playing...

If a good-but-not-great USC can put more than 50 on the board despite giving up more than 60 points, themselves, the #1 defense in the nation is going to make for a long night in the National Championship game. Let's see what Stanford and the Beavers have to show, then maybe I'll come back and amend this. I bet Nick Saban already has tape on last night's game and is dismantling Oregon's offense as we speak.

I'm not sure if Oregon is the #2 team in the nation right now, but I think that they've been so close so many times that if they win out (especially with two pretty big games left) they will be selected for the NC game. Should be interesting.

Went to sleep it was 21-3, and it looked like ND was just hitting their stride after halftime. Woke up and it was 21-6. We need some of them tootin' "style points" that the BCS likes to see. I can't campaign for ND over K-State unless they start playing like the better team.

Really surprised Alabama got beat. Great second quarter adjustment, which is what a championship team does. A&M was just better last night. Sad to see the BCS leave the SEC, but with any luck it will end up in South Bend. That's a long, long shot, and I'll be happy with the Rose Bowl or Fiesta Bowl. The Rose Bowl would be a great welcome for the freshmen like Golson, and send off for the seniors, like Te'o.

Good wake up call for Al. They seem to be believing their press, Umm, they could beat a pro team- not like that! They had no answer for the A&M QB in the first half and A&M really slowed in the second. Another good SEC game.

Whoop! That is all, will be interesting to see if two SEC teams make the BCS bowl games this year.

Someone is conspicuously missing... ;) Hope that knee is healing up well, Melissa!

It would be quite easy to rub it in right now, but I'm more impressed by the strength the SEC still holds, and it's still a better shot that an SEC team will play in the Big Game than it is my Irish will play. Sure, Big XII, Pac-12 and an Indie are the top three (and only major undefeated teams right now), but the next FIVE TEAMS in the BCS behind them are all SEC with one loss. And those single losses came from... other SEC teams in conference play. [EDIT: UF and SC are both two loss teams. My mistake. However, I believe those losses are all conference play, as well]

Oregon has the best shot at losing, given schedule alone. I'm not saying anything about the quality of their team, just that they have the toughest schedule here on out. Notre Dame should beat USC, but it's certainly not a given. I'm looking past Wake Forest, probably to my detriment after they way they've played the last two weeks. K-State should easily win out, even though they are on the road at Texas. So, USC, Texas, Stanford and Oregon State could all be spoilers and put the SEC right back into the Championship game. It's going to be an interesting next couple of weeks.

Someone is conspicuously missing... ;) Hope that knee is healing up well, Melissa!

It would be quite easy to rub it in right now, but I'm more impressed by the strength the SEC still holds, and it's still a better shot that an SEC team will play in the Big Game than it is my Irish will play. Sure, Big XII, Pac-12 and an Indie are the top three (and only major undefeated teams right now), but the next FIVE TEAMS in the BCS behind them are all SEC with one loss. And those single losses came from... other SEC teams in conference play.

Oregon has the best shot at losing, given schedule alone. I'm not saying anything about the quality of their team, just that they have the toughest schedule here on out. Notre Dame should beat USC, but it's certainly not a given. I'm looking past Wake Forest, probably to my detriment after they way they've played the last two weeks. K-State should easily win out, even though they are on the road at Texas. So, USC, Texas, Stanford and Oregon State could all be spoilers and put the SEC right back into the Championship game. It's going to be an interesting next couple of weeks.

Blah blah I am here :p And yes I lost my voice yelling at the television. Obnoxious was not even close to what I was...but I have the ROLL TIDE faith that they will wind up playing a ND or even a Duck. I think this was the first time in 30 some odd games I didn't hear the Rammer Jammer...bummer.

HUGS!
melly

I'm still hoping it's Oregon because, honestly, I don't want to see Notre Dame against Alabama's defense!

Just. WOW.

No matter what happens next week in Los Angeles, it's good to know that Notre Dame is in control of their destiny, rather than knowing the only mystery is which BCS bowl will select them. Win or lose against the Trojans, this has been an amazing, surreal, and unexpected season for the Fighting Irish and their fans. I'm still amazed that I was lucky enough to be there to see it all start in Ireland this year.

Now, for the "stars have aligned" trophy this weekend... Welcome back to the fight, SEC. This will be season 7 in a row that the SEC is represented in the Championship game. I hope it's against the Irish. However, if Notre Dame doesn't win it all, I'd much prefer the crystal ball stays in the SEC.

Just. WOW.

No matter what happens next week in Los Angeles, it's good to know that Notre Dame is in control of their destiny, rather than knowing the only mystery is which BCS bowl will select them. Win or lose against the Trojans, this has been an amazing, surreal, and unexpected season for the Fighting Irish and their fans. I'm still amazed that I was lucky enough to be there to see it all start in Ireland this year.

Now, for the "stars have aligned" trophy this weekend... Welcome back to the fight, SEC. This will be season 7 in a row that the SEC is represented in the Championship game. I hope it's against the Irish. However, if Notre Dame doesn't win it all, I'd much prefer the crystal ball stays in the SEC.

I am already sick of hearing Lou Holtz talk about "his Irish"...

It's been 20 years since ND was ranked #1. Coach Holtz can talk all he wants! :)

There's a certain phrase that gets old, as well. Troll Wide? Go Bride? Roll... something. I can't quite place it... :D

It's been 20 years since ND was ranked #1. Coach Holtz can talk all he wants! :)

There's a certain phrase that gets old, as well. Troll Wide? Go Bride? Roll... something. I can't quite place it... :D

Can't wait for 2:30 this afternoon!! Oh Mr. Holmes.... RTR!!! :whistling: :p And hey Dawgs? The boys in Crimson are comin' after you next!

melly

That was a "beat down in T-town" today!!

You are right Sir yes it was...but Mr. Holmes, keep those smokes over seas and smoke them for yourself or give them to another deserving brother or sister who is serving our country...it's always just gonna be about the rivalry anway and I love doing it year to year. Dang...at least root with me against GA ;-)

HUGS

melly

See you in Miami.

Hopefully.

I am quite confident! And I do not want to guess-timate the price of tickets. Like I said...watch out GA...the Tide is gonna roll right over ya next weekend!! "Rammer Jammer" baby!!

A buddy of mine lives in Miami and said the cheapest tickets left are $1,590. I guess I'll have to be content at having seen them play in Ireland to start the season...

Oh, and, "Strength Of Schedule", anyone...?

Notre Dame finished the season beating 9 bowl-eligible teams. By comparison, Alabama: 5. Georgia: 4

- Source: Stewart Mandel, Sports Illustrated