• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

*** ALERT *** Padron 80th Boxes Leaking Sap

Have your retailer call Padron for a replacement. Your retailer should take them back....no questions asked and replace them on the spot. I just checked mine and they seem to be fine.

Have your retailer call Padron for a replacement. Your retailer should take them back....no questions asked and replace them on the spot. I just checked mine and they seem to be fine.
Israel,

Thank you for dropping in on this thread. I'm happy with my cigars in a different box but those who want to store them in their original packaging should do as you say.

Wilkey

So where are we going with this?

Does Padron know? Should they know?

I removed the divider but am very curious on the next step of action. Should I find another box to keep them in?
Good question. I think it might be worth dropping an email to Padron.

I moved my 80ths to a different box but that was a while ago and for a different reason.

Wilkey

Hey Wilkey,

I cant believe that you have a direct line to the Padron family...ahahahahaha.

The bad news is my boxes are leaking sap too. the good news is the new box design.
The newest boxes of 80th have a total redesign. The new design is smaller in total dimensions. It also carries a new seal from Padron on the box. The most important thing I saw was the inside box redesign. The new design has no more dividers between the sticks. It also has a new box cover. The new cover(on the inside) has a raised insert that has some nice scroll work with the Padron logo on it. It also appears that they are no longer shipping that seperate cedar divider sheet with the boxes. the newest boxes show not even a hint of sap, so maybe all is well again.

Thanks for the info and for getting to Padron's. ;)

Art

**edit for spelling

So where are we going with this?

Does Padron know? Should they know?

I removed the divider but am very curious on the next step of action. Should I find another box to keep them in?

OK! here's the plan: Send them all to me - I have a tower of Power I can store them in for you. I also have some additional non-sapping boxes for seperation. ;) No proplem my friend, you're welcome. :D

Ahhhh, the sap just adds flavor. The cedar wrapped Fuentes had that feature recently.

I have one of the new boxes described by mrrt and there are no problems.

I think that the real problem here is that I do not have any of the Padron 80th, let alone boxes of them. :0

I keep going to my humi to check, and it keeps being sans Pardon.

:sign:

Thanks for the heads up to the rest of the community. It is the spirit of community not the person, that makes this the best Cigar Board on the block.

Rod if you are reading this I offer $2.75 USD for the site, but might consider going as high as $3.25 :laugh:

Tim

edit: sp

I was told by a wood worker that soft woods like spanish cedar will leak sap if the wood is cut during a particular lunar cycle. I don't know how much of this is true, but it sounds plausible.

I forgot about this thread, but I did checked all my boxes the other day and they all looked good..

Would adding a sheet or 2 of tissue paper help? Or would that adversely affect the cigars?