• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All I can say is... WOW!

I am gonna stick my neck out by saying: Too bad that lion didn't win that one. :angry: :(

I sure hope those "Hunters" (term used loosely) got the thrill they were looking for. ???

PuroBrat said:
I am gonna stick my neck out by saying: Too bad that lion didn't win that one. :angry: :(
I agree.

PuroBrat said:
Thats what I was thinking when I saw the video. I'm not a big fan of "hunting." But to each their own.

Too bad the lion didn't get the whole lot of those Poachers! That is no way shou;d really be confused with hunting or sporting...

Good news, the grocery store will always have that cleaned meat with the fancy styro/celo packaging available...... not sure how they manufacture that. :lookup: ;) :D

And there will always be gatherer's..... :)

I can find plenty things wrong with that video but not one involves hunting the lion. I'm offended that the #1 shooter missed a point blank shot with a scoped rifle, than the #2 shooter, who is suppose to be the main backup if #1 screws up, try's to shoot a charging lion at what appears to be less than 50 yards with a scoped rifle. What an idiot.... Then, shooter #3 also tries to shoot the lion at 10-15 yards with a scoped rifle.... another idiot! You can see shooter #4 running...lol.... I would have to kick his ass later. ;)

No where did I see a pistol. I cannot believe they would not have a pistol with them. If for nothing else to humainly dispatch a harvested animal. At that range, shooter two should have had a pistol.....period. Of course its easy for me to play Monday quarterback without a Lion charging at me....LOL!

I didn't wish for the lion to win, but, I sure did wish he would have gotten a little more of shooter #1 than he did.

WOW, I'm surprised those "hunters" didn't wind up shooting each other. It looked like the proverbial idiot firing squad (where they all stand around in a circle :D ) for a minute there when they were all standing around in a circle shooting the lion.

Again, I'm surprise they didn't kill each other.

Freakin' idiots................

Poachers? WTF? I'll hold my tongue why you please explain why you feel these people are poachers. :lookup:

mf_popcorn1.gif

Don't get me wrong Kenny, I did not say people shouldn't hunt.

Last time I was at the store, they did not have Filet of Lion on those styrofoam trays. Just exactly what purpose is there in hunting a captive animal on a ranch?

I don't like that kind of hunting. If I ain't gonna eat it, I ain't gonna shoot it. But that's just me.

I suppose it is "each to their own" is it not.

As for Poaching, I seriously doubt that these guys were doing anything illegal. Whoever owned the ranch they were hunting on, also owned the lion they were hunting. They also paid a lot of money to get that Trophy.

Actually, I have heard that lion taste pretty good.... better than spotted owl anyway! ;)

Seriously, none of us know for sure how or why that lion was hunted. Do we know that the lion was not eaten? I will be the first one in line to denounce these people if this was a canned hunt. Absolutly nothing in that video indicates it to be one. How did you come to know the lion was captive? How about how you come to know they are on a ranch? I didn't see anything in the video to support your claim. I stand to be corrected, but it sure looks like an open range hunt to me.

PB, I know you're not saying people shouldn't hunt.... I didn't read that in your post.

I am only gonna say one more thing, then I will shut up!! :p

You may be, and probably are, right Kenny, it may have been open range, I saw nothing to say otherwise. Afterall, you are a hunter and I am not, so you can judge these things better than I could anyway. :)

I do hope that since the beast had to die, that somebody got some food out of it, and not just some trophy in the "Game" room. ???

Never ate any lion, but I did eat rattlesnake, AND tanned the skin for a hat band :D

First, if you can't shoot, don't hunt. Second , OH ****! :0

Wascal said:
First, if you can't shoot, don't hunt. Second , OH ****! :0
Laughing @ Wascal...... you summed up my reaction very well! :D

PB, I have no idea if this was an open range hunt or not....just that, to me, the video does not indicate that it was not. I agree totally that canned hunts are stupid and don't for the life of me understand what satisfaction one would get from it.

BTW, your rattlesnake headband...... is as much a trophy as a lion hanging on the wall. :)

well in a few scenes I can see what appears to be a pole , a gate and when lion runs from right to left I can see a wire running horizontal in the background so it could be a ranch, wether the lion belonged there or not is a different question
still an interesting video

I've seen this video before. A friend of mine sent it to me a few weeks back. I am a hunter. These guys were complete idiots. Anyone that sucks that bad with a rifle should not be hunting dangerous game or any game at all. They need some lessons in hunter safety. Maybe some skeet shooting.

This is from Gamefishin.com

=====================================================
KingFisher85:
I filmed this on my new digital video camera
KandiM:
That is one of those hunting farms down in Texas. What a waste of a beautiful animal.. and what a shame to call that a sport. They are in an enclosure and cant even escape. Real sporting if you ask me.

Sorry, but had to vent.

KingFisher never refuted what KandiM said. Why not? If he shot the Video, he was there and could tell us all where they were. Then again, he may be FOS.
I also think I see fence posts, which makes me wonder...

And I agree, the hatband is a trophy, but the meat was good too. ;)