• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All I can say is... WOW!

Sumbitch!

Look like those guys need to attend a firearm class or two. How in the hell did they screw up a shot like that? ???

PuroBrat said:
This is from Gamefishin.com

=====================================================
KingFisher85:
I filmed this on my new digital video camera
KandiM:
That is one of those hunting farms down in Texas. What a waste of a beautiful animal.. and what a shame to call that a sport. They are in an enclosure and cant even escape. Real sporting if you ask me.

Sorry, but had to vent.

KingFisher never refuted what KandiM said. Why not? If he shot the Video, he was there and could tell us all where they were. Then again, he may be FOS.
I also think I see fence posts, which makes me wonder...

And I agree, the hatband is a trophy, but the meat was good too. ;)
PB....... first off, Kingfisher85 post about being the photographer was a joke. He no more filmed that then the man in the moon. Second, KandiM is FOS. That idiot really shows how stupid he/she is when asking why were they speaking spanish. That dummy made more assumptions than was made on this thread. I heard a South African accent but no spanish myself. Of course the closing credits that say "Hunters Unlimited of South Africa" doesn't mean anything.

I've had a few others tell me they thought they saw a fence but not one of them can show it to me. I've heard enough "it looks sorta like a fence". A fence is a fence and not sorta a fence. Show me a fence and I'll agree this was a piss poor canned hunt until then it was just a bunch of unskilled idiots putting a lot of people in danger with their piss poor shooting skills.

Kinda reminds me of some areas in SW Oklahoma near the Texas panhandle ???

Just my .02

I have eaten lion at a local restaurant that periodically has exotic game fests. Before ordering, I was very curious to find out where the lion came from and was told that it was farm raised lion from Texas. The meat was very light in color and tender. At first, I didn't think it tasted too bad, but the texture was unusual and I began having difficulty with it. About half way through my "steak", it suddenly occurred to me that I was just eating a damn cat, and I could not finish. I will not order "cat" again as long as Angus is available - mad cow disease or not.

I, for one, have never been ashamed of being at the top of the food chain. Having spent my college summers working in poultry processing plants, I can assure you that the treatment of the lion in the film was far more humane than the short, nasty, brutish 6 week life span of the chicken you probably had to eat earlier today.

P.S. Yes, I still eat chicken.

I'm gonna stick with hunting Spotted Owl, too. And yeh, how the *#@! did they miss?? :sneaky:

Imagine the headline: "Hunters Commit Suicide in Group Shooting. Lion Found Dead of Indigestion Nearby"

As I said in my post quoting the thread by KingFisher
Then again, he may be FOS
I thought I saw a wink at the end of that post anyway.

BUT: Whatever, I think we have "Debated" this about as far as we can with nothing but the clip to stand on it's own.
In the great picture, does it really matter? The whole thing was about the odiots on the "Hunt" not being able to shoot straight.

Besides, in light of the tone of your latest response Kenny, all I can say is....

I can piss further than you can :p

PuroBrat said:
I am gonna stick my neck out by saying: Too bad that lion didn't win that one. :angry:  :(

I sure hope those "Hunters" (term used loosely) got the thrill they were looking for.  ???
That makes me sick...and sad! :(

Just my .02 and I must admitt, I don't hunt and I don't know if it was canned or not or anything else that has been said. It just makes me sad, that's all. What a beautiful animal! Not trying to argue a specific point.

TheBeast said:
mf_popcorn1.gif
LOL

Popcorn?

It was just a matter of time.....

This isn't cigar related but this video sure will make your a-hole pucker! I bet everyone in this video had to go change their pants.

Why you always make the first shot count.....

Well, I dunno how we got to arguing the merits of hunting but all I know is that video was hilarious!! I'm so surprised that the IDIOTS who shot it actually started "distributing" it. If that was me in that video, I'd be so ashamed of myself for making a complete fool out of myself. That includes EVERY clown on the video. I appreciated Kenny's additional information as to WHY they are such idiots (no pistols and using scoped rifles for such a short range) that it made me appreciate that much more exactly why these jackoffs were exactly that, JACKOFFS!

I also thought Kenny's title "Why you always make the first shot count..." is the main point of this post, NOT debating the pros and cons of hunting.

I don't hunt but I know a lot of people who DON'T fix old cars either. To each his own.....

I want to thank Kenny for posting an interesting video ;)

Yea, make sure that first shot counts, it's not like he didn't have the time to make sure it was exactly right. And yea, he's got enough guys around. All of them having scoped rifles despite being so close really makes them all look like a pack of loosers. A guy on pistol is good as long as it's at least a .44, but I'd have one guy with a Mossberg ful of sabot slugs as well. :thumbs:

How did they get so close to a cat not running away from them unless it was a canned hunt? Just doesn't have the feel of a real hunt to me.

Last night when I watched the video the first time, I did not have a high-speed internet connection and couldn't see everything that happened. This morning, I took a look at the video again, and got a much better feel for what happened. The first shot did hit the lion, because the lion went down with that shot. It may have been an imminently fatal shot, but it obviously was not immediately fatal - hence the reason that big game hunting is so frickin' dangerous. Once the lion started charging, it appeared to me that it may have been hit one more time at longer range and at least two more times at close range. By the time the lion hit the hunter, the lion was in serious trouble, as you can see from the fact that it stumbled and fell flat on its face after the impact with the hunter. After the lion staggered to its feet and ran a short distance away, it was either hit by another shot and put down, or stopped on its own because it was pretty much spent. The last two shots were superfluous, but I dare say darned necessary - had I been there. :0

I have done a little hunting myself, and I can tell you that telescopic sights at very close range are a huge disadvantage because (1) it is difficult to find the animal in the telescopic sights and (2) if you do find the animal, it is difficult to tell what part of the moving critter you are seeing. All in all, I think those hunters' marksmanship was pretty decent, considering the speed that animal was moving and the extreme duress the hunters (and lion) were experiencing at the time. Nothing like a big game hunt - turned fight to the death - to get the juices flowing. ???

One other thing, whatever your opinion of big game hunting is, you have to respect the fact that the hunters were on foot, rather than in the safety of a vehicle. Big game hunting, if done on foot, is still one of the most dangerous activities there is. That was one way men used to prove their "manhood" for about 100 thousand years before the 1970's. :)

PuroBrat said:
I am only gonna say one more thing, then I will shut up!! :p
ROFLMAO!

PB, when I posted that video it was because I about sh*t my pants watching it....... I thought it was something worth watching. Shocking? yes.... Controversial, yes.... What I didn't anticipate is people adding unfounded assumptions to the story. I had no expectation of having to challenge people on what they posted but quite frankly, you of all people should know, if you post BS on my posts, I'll call you on it.

Lets review..... so far you have made the accertion's that this was a captive animal and that this was done on a ranch and this animal was owned by the ranch owner, and you think you saw a fence. I say, how do you know its captive, how do you know its on a ranch, how do you know its own by a rancher, and where is the fence. As far as the Kingfisher thread goes...... I read your "he made just be FOS" safety net. If you had that feeling what purpose did you have to post it? I called you on the fabricated BS you were posting..... your responses are quite revealing.

Not sure what you meant by "the tone of my last post". You seem to be the one concerned who can piss farther than who. I can care less how far you can piss as long as you're not "making up" the story of how far you can piss. You and I have been down this road before. Not sure why we need to go down it again. If you (or anyone else for that matter) want to make a statement to me.....back it up or STFU. You said in your last post: I think we have "Debated" this about as far as we can with nothing but the clip to stand on it's own. In the great picture, does it really matter? The whole thing was about the odiots on the "Hunt" not being able to shoot straight. On that statement we are totally in agreement. :thumbs:

I for one think its the Pussy in that video that has us all crazy and stuff..... :0 :sign:

PS - This will be the last post on this for me..... that you can bank on!
encore.gif

coventrycat86 said:
I don't hunt but I know a lot of people who DON'T fix old cars either.  To each his own.....
Yeah, but you're British -- anyone weaned on Lucas Electrical inevitably develops a penchant for fixing cars. ;)

Well said, Kenny.

The high road is the only road... :D

I personally would love to see those hunters going for some Arkansas Razorbacks, the fools would come up a leg short if they can't shoot any better than that.

That is why I have yet to go hunting for Deer, I can't shoot well enough to be sure of a clean kill. The idea af not killing with the first shot is not a comfortable feeling.

Kenny, don't they have hunting classes one can take that fine tune marksmanship and hunting skills? If so I would love to attend one.

don't they have hunting classes one can take that fine tune marksmanship and hunting skills? If so I would love to attend one.

Yes they do, it's called a firing range. :p

I'm not sure about the terrain of the area you live in or the rifle to be used, but..........

Go shoot a lot. My membership at the local black powder range is $10 a year, pick up your own brass. Zero the rifle for either 100 or 200 yards depending on the power of the rifle (I use 200 for my 7mm Rem Mag). Shoot a lot. Shoot cold a lot as well, first shot from a cold rifle. Aim for the forward chest area, heart lungs and such. Take into account if your shooting up a hill (not ideal unless you will still have a good backstop beind the animal), or if your shooting down a hill. Try to get a good side or at least quartering shot, head on or ass are no good. Most importantly shoot a lot.

Go shoot a deer already. There are way too many in most area's. They taste good, especially in jerkey or my chili. It's a fun way to spend a day out in the out doors. Go shoot one already. Just go shoot a bunch first and no problems.

The only classes I know of are just the hunter safety classes. They are required in a lot of states before a licence can be purchased but only deal with safety issues. Some also have a qualifying shoot but it's just to make sure you can put a round roughly where you want to without killing anyone.

Thanks for the tips Gibu. I guess the thing to do is to think about what and where you are shooting before pulling the trigger might be the best policy anyway. The uphill thing might not have even occurred to my feeble brain.

Wifes family has about a 300 acre farm where we always see deer, FIL has told me to hunt it if I want, he even offerred the gun if I didn't have one. Might have to do that next winter, after I have done some target practice.

Looked like a caned hunt. You pay a fee to kill a fenced in animal. Very unsporting. :angry:

I am a hunter, and in fact, a very ethical hunter (in spite of fact that there are a few hippies that I know who would consider the phrase “ethical hunter” to be an oxymoron.) And, although I butcher everything that I kill, I have never understood the whole idea of “I don't like that kind of hunting. If I ain't gonna eat it, I ain't gonna shoot it” (I mean no offense to PB – but this comes up (to me, anyway) a lot). It has just never made any sense to me. You (in general) tell me that you would never hunt an animal unless you plan to eat it. Why? Because you are starving? Hell no. Because you are thrity? No. Oh, you plan to donate the meat to the needy? Well, **** – pick some vegetables instead! That is no excuse – “I’ll only kill what I will eat.” Of course it seems better that way, morally. But honestly, what makes it any better? Well, ok let’s get past that. Let’s assume that you’ll only eat (or in some way make use of the carcass) what you kill. The next time you accidentally run over a cat I want to see you wearing some damn furry feline-made-socks! What? You won’t make socks out of the cat you just ran over? Why? Because it was an accident is no excuse. You can’t abandon your principles just because it was an accident. You killed it – EAT IT!

I eat what I kill because I love the meat – it is something that you can’t get it any grocery store. It, also, is a bit of a celebration and to me is as meaningful as the trophies on my wall. HOWEVER, if I hated the flavor of the meat I would still hunt – and, if you’re not a hunter – you’ll never know why. If you are… it’s a no-brainer.

Disclaimer: This is no way implies that my opinions are any better or are any more correct that any person who opposes my points of view.