• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Altered Carbon" on Netflix~

If you've read the Richard K. Morgan novels you already know what this is. If you haven't, there's enough back story, montage and exposition to get you up to speed.

It's really, really well done so far. Great effects, sets, action, casting, script.

I love the books, so I've been "don't screw it up don't screw it up don't screw it up" all week waiting nervously for the series drop tonight.

They didn't screw it up. :D

One episode in. I'm gonna refill my Scotch 'n soda, light another cigar, and head back in. It's awesome. Quick set up: in the future, your consciousness can be stored in a device inserted into your spinal column at the base of your neck . . . . and "sleeved" into new, cloned bodies basically forever. A "super soldier" freedom fighter who's been a chip on ice for 250 years for what became "terrorist acts" when his side lost is revived/resleeved by a gazillionaire and promised a pardon to solve a murder . . . the gazillionaire's own.

Much mayhem and intrigue ensues. ;)

~Boar

Because I have no life, I finished all ten episodes over the weekend. :eek::oops:o_O:D:confused:

It really is awesome, start to finish, and the finale is HUGE. I'm going to watch it all again at a slower pace now.

~Boar

Started this last night, already 3 epi. in. Did not know about the book series, but so far I am really enjoying the story.

Just finished the whole thing. It was really good and hopefully we will get a second season.

On another note, Electric Dreams on amazon prime is also pretty good.

Couple episodes left. I think visual and style wise the show is really well done.

I will probably see if I can get the series from the library.

Happy to see that second season of "the Expanse" is now streaming on Prime

Had the week mostly off and finished Altered Carbon and Ozarks. Both were excellent. I'll likely buy the books, once I finish the Expanse series. Can't wait to see Red Rising done as a TV series or movie, and now I sort of hope it becomes a TV series done by Netflix after this excellent showing.

Finished up AC over the weekend. A very worthwhile sci-fi series to watch. Can't get over how much the city scenes remind me of the original Blade Runner. Nicely done, easy to recommend if sci-fi is your thing.

I agree 100%. I was telling my wife the same thing about the city scenes. This show exceeded my expectations for sure! The story line was well done!