• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Always a different cigar

VictorVictor22

Cigar Hobbyist
What do you guys think about, always smoking a cigar you have never tried, each time you smoke? Someone who smokes one a day would end up trying 365 different cigars in a years time. Opinions always appreciated =)

For sure! This is a method I used for four or five years as I got into cigars. I would rarely try the same cigar twice, never had the balls to buy a box, and was in a continuous search for the golden goose. I still am... and I think most of us are but during the ride I've found a bunch of favorites and the humi is stacked with boxes now. I still try new cigars regularly but who can't avoid a graham cracker PLPC or a silky smooth Fonseca No. 1 on a regular basis? What a wonderful journey.

I’m always up for something new, but I would never smoke something new every day. Sometimes I crave certain cigars I know won’t disappoint just like certain food dishes.

Who are you? ?

I know that lol. Also, thank you for the link, i will double check to make sure I posted one.

For awhile now I've smoked 1-2 boxes of the same cigar per month, month in, month out. It never disappoints.

I have about a dozen other cigars in my regular rotation & usually have 3-4 of them in the humidor at a given time.

But I still try new things on a regular basis, as well as smoking Opus X and GOF every chance I get.

~Boar

Under normal circumstances I'm a three stick a day person. Yes i have my favs in rotation but definitely will venture out to try something new. How else would you learn either the good or the bad.. i have just enrolled in ISO school, and that for me is an adventure. Looking forward to playing Huck Finn.

Love trying new sticks. Now is a perfect time ipcpr got all the retailers busy stocking up on new releases

I’m a fan of variety but I also have the old standbys ready as well.

One word of advice is that while the temptation may be there to try as many cigars as possible, I never buy fewer than two of a cigar that I’m trying the first time. I can’t count the number of times I’ve tried one cigar and was disappointed only to have my mind changed when I smoked the second one. Cigars are handmade and do have some variance.

I'll gladly take that challenge if you are offering the selection. :) Like many of the others, I'm usually up for trying new sticks, but I have my "old faithfuls" that usually always leave me happy, and I tend to fall back on those when I'm buying from somewhere.

I went through a "try them all" period. Smoked more things I didn't like than things I enjoyed. Realized I'd rather spend my money on things I know I like, then waste it on something awful. I keep about 12-15 brands in my cooler now.

Now, when it comes to beer, that's a whole different story. ?