• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

An Alaskan Vacation

....are you going to get to that large box of smokes I sent along, or did you just deep six that baby out in the bay and call it good...??.... :laugh:

Have fun, my friends - B.B.S.

Two of the good guys, Cory and Jim, having fun and sharing some good times, good food, and great smokes. It does not get better than that...... :thumbs:

Best regards, guys - B.B.S.
I couldn't agree more bro... You won't find two better BOTL than Jim and Cory!!!

Thanks for sharing Cory... I am very very envious!!!

....are you going to get to that large box of smokes I sent along, or did you just deep six that baby out in the bay and call it good...??.... :laugh:

Have fun, my friends - B.B.S.

Sorry... we smoked 'em all already!

:laugh:

Ok... Cory must be having too much fun at his ... ahem... work convention in Las Vegas :cool:

So I'm posting the pics that I have of his trip up to go fishing. I'll let him narrate them later :thumbs:

Cory and his first salmon, with the celebratory cigar and beer

Cory and another salmon...

And the trend continues...

until he needed a break!

video of Cory learning to net a boat caught salmon

video of Cory and a fiesty salmon

and a few more...

hard to believe we're 25 miles off shore!

Cory needed to get away from the fish for a bit....

we had to get some halibut to beer batter and deep fry!

Ahhh, the Dunhills!

The last day, Saturday, was not as nice... but the fishing was still good!

this ugly assed thing is a skate, like a big ray... Cory's biggest catch of the trip!

Hopefully Brett has a few to add, as well as the man himself! As long as he doesn't lose his camera at the tables! :laugh:

Ok... Cory must be having too much fun at his ... ahem... work convention in Las Vegas :cool:
LOL! ... You think? :whistling:

So some of the guys from the CP Herf might get a kick out of this. I met up with Brandy last night. I took her out to dinner and then we hit Glitter Gulch. I didn't make it home till 6am. Oops... I was a hurting unit at the first seminar at 9am. - Scott, I can attest 100% there is nothing to worry about with your previous concerns. :thumbs:

Thanks for posting those Jim!

Day 3: The weather forecast was supposed to be similar to the previous day, so we convinced Mary, Jim's wife, to come out on the boat and go fishing. It was a full crew, Dana even joined us. It was a beautiful day and the seas were calm (note Jim's picture above). Since we did so well the previous day fishing, we decided to just go out and fish for Silvers. The fish weren't hitting as hard, but they at least were consistent. The morning started off with Dana catching the first Salmon early off. It was the biggest fighter of the day, jumping out of the water and tail walking. It was a pretty cool sight. Everyone caught a fish, and we even got Mary out to reel one in. :thumbs: And right before we called it quits, we dropped a couple lines to see if we could catch some Halibut for dinner the next day. We caught two, so beer battered Halibut was on the menu!!! It was a most excellent day.

Then Brett, PetersCreek, met us when we landed. He took some pictures of the fish in front of the famous Homer sign and of me attempting to fillet a Salmon. I figured that since Pink Salmon are "undesirable" in the class of Salmon that I would give filleting a try on the Pink. That was fun, and I had an expert giving me some pointers. I still need a ton of practice, but David actually thought I did a pretty good job for my first shot. He said he was actually surprised, so I'll take that as a big complement. :blush:

After cleaning the fish we headed back home for dinner. Brats, burgers, and some Homer beer. What a great combo! And the beer is really good ... Scottish Red something or other ... I think I'll need to bribe Jim to send me a growler or two sometime. :whistling:

After dinner, Brett, Jim, and I sat out on the porch and lit up some Don Pepin Lanceros. Yum Yum! Brett busted out the Knob Creek! I'm blanking what I finished it up with, I think I had an HdM PR, Brett had a Quai D'Orsay, and I can't remember what Jim smoked, I think it was a HdM PR too. But what an awesome way to end an evening!!! Great smokes, a good beverage, and great friends. Damn skippy!

Cory hangin out on top of the boat, enjoying the view and a beer, and letting everyone have a chance to fish.
gallery_1983_296_37415.jpg

Hanging our catch under the famous Homer sign.
gallery_1983_296_10691.jpg

Jim showing me how to fillet a Salmon.
gallery_1983_296_21689.jpg

Cory giving filleting a try... still need more practice ... hmm ... next year? :whistling:
gallery_1983_296_33517.jpg

Day 4 coming soon .. along with pictures off my camera .. I need to win it back at the poker tables. ;)

and people say, "its just an internet forum'

Cory, I am very jealous. Its awesome to see these pictures, etc. glad you guys had a great time!

Erick

Thanks for sharing your trip. I really want to make a trip up to Alaska in the next couple of years and reading your notes and pictures just furthers the pull.