• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo #46

tjm5019

Banned
This morning I decided that today was the day to smoke the finest cigar in my humidor, an Anejo #46. This was my first experience with the Anejos I sat down with nothing but the cigar, a cutter, and smoke matches, as I didn't want any distractions.

Appearance: The appearance was outstanding, and absolutely beautiful to look at. The only problem was a little cedar sap, just two small spots. The wrapper was dark, and just begged to be smoked!

Prelight aroma: Don't know how to describe it other than intoxicating!

First third: Lit up great, with a nice even burn, and a slightly tight draw. My first impressions were that of cocoa, earthy notes, toasted nuts(very faint) and a woody, cedar core. Very little spicyness.

Second Third: The cigar opened up a bit, and I noticed an underlying sweetness, as well as a little more spice, but the same toasted nuts and woody center. I also noted hints of leather(i think)

Last Third: Noticed that it became a little spicier, didn't notice the underlying sweetness as much. However the cedar was still there, and the leather taste became more pronounced.

Total Time: 1 1/2 Hours

Over all, this cigar was OUTSTANDING. I am definately excited to try other sizes of the anejos. I have a #50 in the humi, but no other sizes. This, by far, is my favorite cigar I have smoked to date.

Wow,

Sounds like a great experience. I usually get more sweetness than what you reported but that's just my palate. The newcomers seem to be starting on better and better cigars. :D

Nicely done.

the cigar was sweet, but i didn't pick it up as much as i had expected. And i got the #46 gifted to me from a brother over on CF!

The Anejo line is another favorite of mine as well. Just got done with a shark the other day for my best friends birthday...Simply great.

I wish I could say great review, but all it did was make me jealous lol....kidding of course. I'm glad you loved the anejo, keep the reviews coming! :)

Jason

Very nice review tj. The Anejos have become one of my favorite smokes. I love that subtle sweetness with that hint of cognac from the aging process. The filler in this cigar is well aged and leaves a wonderful taste in the back of the mouth with absoutely no bitterness.