• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo #77 (shark) pass

OK, I have cleaned the infected sticks up a bit and they look better. I also marked these sticks with an X for future evaluation. I am going to let these sit out for a little while. Then it will be on the road Mon. morning.

Edited to add P/T's submitted for approval

Just got the PM.....sorry this happened to your pass bro.

I'll go with the majority as far as what to do from here :blush:

I pulled mine out from my humi and the feet looked like the pics Tim had taken. I apologize for not taking a closer look at these when I had them guys because I should have picked up on this. I just never thought to take them out of the cello's since this was a new box being sent out. Chalk one up for my noobiness. I really am sorry Jay, because I should have caught this.

I am also for what you decide to do, I am sorry to hear about this again Jack Straw.

After thinking about this, I've decided to have Tim send the remaining sharks back home, as I don't think sending "infected" sharks all over the country is a very good idea.

I've contacted everyone who has received the pass and warned them about the problem, so they can get these smokes out of their humidors. I can only hope none of my other boxes have been infected, I doubt it, as this box wasn't unsealed until a couple days before the pass started, but you never know.

I plan on returning these to the local vendor I got them from to see if he will do anything.

My sincerest apologies to all, as I said in an earlier post, I guess there is a lesson to be learned here about doing a box pass in the spring/summer heat.

It was a pleasure to have been considered in such a promising pass Jay. I wish the best with your vendor making good on this unfortunate situation.

Damn, sorry to hear about your pass not turning out the way we all hoped. Thanks for having me!

Robert :thumbs:

First, I too apologize for not catching this!

Second, can we get the advice of a couple experts as to what can be done? For example, one of mine is bad and one seems okay. They were both in my humi for 5-6 days at 67 degrees and 67%.........what can I expect? Can the bad one be wiped off, clipped, and smokes or just throw it out?

Maybe if we get some expert advice we can make better decisions.

Second, can we get the advice of a couple experts as to what can be done? For example, one of mine is bad and one seems okay. They were both in my humi for 5-6 days at 67 degrees and 67%.........what can I expect? Can the bad one be wiped off, clipped, and smokes or just throw it out?

Jeff, this is something you need to decide. Check the stick, look down into the foot...if the mold has penetrated deep into the cigar, it may be worse than you think.

Jay, lately, mold is not unusual for AF products. I am smoking out of a WOAM box and the sticks have mold on them. However, it's on the wrapper and easy to wipe off.
I may be wrong but I think their humipack may have something to do with it. I always open the boxes when they arrive and remove the humipack. They are
inserted into all their boxes including the Anejo line. Is it possible that they had a batch of humipacks that were over humidified?

Brian

Jeff, this is something you need to decide. Check the stick, look down into the foot...if the mold has penetrated deep into the cigar, it may be worse than you think.

Jay, lately, mold is not unusual for AF products. I am smoking out of a WOAM box and the sticks have mold on them. However, it's on the wrapper and easy to wipe off.
I may be wrong but I think their humipack may have something to do with it. I always open the boxes when they arrive and remove the humipack. They are
inserted into all their boxes including the Anejo line. Is it possible that they had a batch of humipacks that were over humidified?

Brian

I wish I had known about this when I got them last December .... :(:angry: ! I just put the sealed box away in my Avallo, which is kept 68 rh/68 degrees, and forgot about it. When I opened it at the start of this pass, I looked at each smoke as I was putting them in the shipping box, and didn't see anything on any of them. Just wonder if the heat caused them to bloom so suddenly. What ever the case, it's a shame it happened, and, hopefully my local will give me some type of credit when they return home!

I've still got 12-15 unopened boxes of various Fuente smoke, Hemingways, 858's, Chateau's, Montesino's, etc. that I've been storing that I suppose I should open each and everyone and check them out as well!!

Brian
Brian:

Thanks; Mine had very little mold on the wrapper and a small amount on the foot. I wiped it off the wrapper and was going to cut the foot 1/8"deep and see what I see.

The sharks are home!! Tim did a great job wiping them down, as there was just a tad of mold showing on one of the sticks. I removed them all from their cello, and wiped them down, again. Then I sealed them in a ziplock, and will keep an eye on them. As they don't look all that bad, I'll probably end up smoking them if they don't break out again, but, at least, they're isolated from my other sticks.

I opened every box of Fuente cigars I have, and none of them are showing any mold, so I guess this was a unique situation with this particular box of sharks.

Again, let me apologize to all involved, it was surely not my intention to send a bunch of "infected" nationwide, and thanks to all who participated in this abbreviated pass.