• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo Shark Birthday Smoke

bursty

For my birthday, Zach (50thVert) and I decided to have a nice smoke. I decided to try my first Shark. First off, HELLUVA smoke but I ran into a few problems. The first third was amazing, but after that I noticed the draw became really tight. Zach suggested I check for tar and sure enough, there was tar covering the tip (see picture).
dsc01611small6oo.jpg

dsc01618small9ft.jpg

Anyone know what caused this? Just wondering if it was unavoidable or if it was something I caused due to RH or temp or something. Hope my other Sharks arent like this. :whistling:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm nothing like some good tar. No clue how it got there, but I would lick the shit out of that end :)

The last couple of Anejo's that I have smoked have had tar issues...some here said that it was due to a small cut off the cap...not so sure...this is the only year that I have had a problem with tar. I think that Fuente just fu%#ed up this round of Anejo's and we'll all have to wait 'til next year to see how the next batch turns out. Just my 0.02

-Fetter

PS - You need to stick those ashtrays in the dishwasher...them are dirty!!

Well, sometimes if you don't cut enough this will happen but you seemed to have cut enough. I definately would have taken a second cut before that ooze started showing up.

How often did you purge? A lot of people think it helps stop the tar build-up.

Wurm said:
How often did you purge? A lot of people think it helps stop the tar build-up.
[snapback]284648[/snapback]​
Sorry for the noob question but what is that? :whistling:

Blowing air back through the cigar after 8 puffs or so, that the tar burns up in the cherry.

fetterjohn said:
The last couple of Anejo's that I have smoked have had tar issues...some here said that it was due to a small cut off the cap...not so sure...this is the only year that I have had a problem with tar. I think that Fuente just fu%#ed up this round of Anejo's and we'll all have to wait 'til next year to see how the next batch turns out. Just my 0.02

-Fetter

[snapback]284634[/snapback]​

Please send all the fu%#ed Anejos to me for proper disposal!

-Rob

:laugh:

rob300c said:
fetterjohn said:
The last couple of Anejo's that I have smoked have had tar issues...some here said that it was due to a small cut off the cap...not so sure...this is the only year that I have had a problem with tar.  I think that Fuente just fu%#ed up this round of Anejo's and we'll all have to wait 'til next year to see how the next batch turns out.  Just my 0.02

-Fetter

[snapback]284634[/snapback]​

Please send all the fu%#ed Anejos to me for proper disposal!

-Rob

:laugh:
[snapback]284780[/snapback]​

Although I know that it is a nice jesture...I feel that it my responsibility to make sure they are OK, after all, I wouldn't want to give anybody a tainted cigar!!! :laugh:

-Fetter

That is wierd. ??? I have smoked plenty of Anejos and have never seen that happen.

Hmm never saw that before with the Anejo but then again then I never had any Sharks before :whistling: Every 5 minutes or so I do purge the cigar so perhaps that is the reason that never occurred to me.

I never ran into the tar issue with any of the Anejos. But I have run into smoking a few Anejos that tasted really bitter. Maybe it's just a bad year for the Anejos. Who knows?

The #48's and #49's I have smoke like heaven. Never had anything like what you are showing / describing.

Regards - B.B.S.