• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo Shark

lsuguy

Sorry if I may seem out of line jumping and asking for advice/help on my second post...but here goes.

I went down to my locan B&M today picked up some Padron 2000s, a couple short story and also an Anejo Shark. I got home to take the out of the cellophane and noticed some white stuff on the foot of the cigar and no where else. I did do a search and it seems this may be somewhat common among these due to the way they are shipped? the picture below shows what I am referring to. I only bought one of these but just need to know whether it needs to be returned or if its something i can brush off and it will smoke fine later on. Thanks in advance for any help and hope im not stepping on any toes by jumping in and asking questions so soon.

-lsuguy

Anejo.jpg

Return it, and see if you can get a mold free one. Then watch that one closely out of the cello for awhile. No problems.........Put it back in the cello.

They tried to give me the "its just plume spill" and didn't want to exchange it for me. They are usually friendly and helpful there but after this don't think I will be going back. Anyway, thanks for the help on this guys.

-lsuguy

What a low down dirty shame. :angry:

Fluffy plume on the foot huh? What a crock of BS. Out the bastards so all of the brothers here know to avoid that place. They would not even offer to exchange it for you?

Its don juan cigar here in baton rouge. I have had great luck with them in the past and they tend to have a lot of harder to find stuff and reasonable prices. The guy that I usually deal with is really nice and helpful. However, he wasn't there today. Had he been I don't believe it would have been a problem at all to exchange it. But it was some younger guy, early early 20s who spouted off that it was plume before I even made him look at it.

I even told him that plume doesn't grow on the foot to my knowledge and that I was aware of this being a problem with the sharks and how they were shipped but he quickly assured me that it was just plume.

Oh well, maybe its still smokable. Sad b/c this was my first Fuente purchase outside the the 2 short stories that I picked up today as well.

This happened to the last shark I bought. I was letting it age and that is exactly what I got, mold on the foot. I am glad I found it before it infected my entire box! The Anejo I bought before that had a very tight draw and I had to try and smoke it hot to keep it lit.

I am done with Anejo's. :angry:

I know, more for you guys, have at them.

I did try my first San Cristabol the other night, the robusto. It was very tasty!!! I will definitly have another!!

Quick question I didn't think to ask. Will this cigar be ok in my humi with the rest or would that be a bad idea?

I would take the Anejo back once again. maybe call ahead when both your normal guy and the last shoptender you spoke with. Have a little discussion with all three. I'm sure your normal guy will take care of you and educate the other as well.

There was a problem with last year's sharks, seems that the humipaks were overcharged, or somehow caused issues with them. I found this out the hard way:

Original Shark Pass

Haven't heard of any problems with this year's batch, but your's look a lot like the ones from my pass last year. Just wonder if it was some old stock?

Moral of the story: Check your cigar purchases carefully before leaving the store.

Doc.

Quick question I didn't think to ask. Will this cigar be ok in my humi with the rest or would that be a bad idea?
NOOOO.......Keep it out of your humi and away from your other cigars!

Ya I put it in one of my tupperdors in hopes that maybe its still smokable :(

I have been in Don Juan's a couple of times, nice shop and excellent selection, but I find them very expensive. I found that on some of the premiums that I really like, they are almost double the price I generally pay.

PM me your address and I will send you a couple of mold free Anejos, no Sharks because I don't have any.

Ken

Moral of the story: Check your cigar purchases carefully before leaving the store.

Doc.

Very good advice Doc!

PM me your address and I will send you a couple of mold free Anejos, no Sharks because I don't have any.

Ken

Very generous on your part Ken!

I own a small B/M - today I got a box in and when it was opened it was molded up. I called the company and the rep said "Is it mold or plume?" I laughed so hard I had to apologize to him before I could continue. He went on to say that most people think plume is mold. I started to tell him that freshly rolled cigars can not have plume but let it go..

Other than that- "fluffy plume on the foot" is good food! :laugh:

First off, as Jonesy said, do not keep the shark with any other cigars.
It will just spread the mold to other cigars you own.

Secondly, this cigar will never be smokable.
Try again to take it back.
If they say no, talk to the manager.

First off, as Jonesy said, do not keep the shark with any other cigars.
It will just spread the mold to other cigars you own.

Secondly, this cigar will never be smokable.
Try again to take it back.
If they say no, talk to the manager.

I have to second this.

First, because the mold was on the foot you will probably get a funky taste if you smoke it.

And second, Try to talk to someone who is not some guy in his early 20's and see if they will exchange or give you a refund.

If this is a half decent shop they should try to help you out and keep your business. I have done some part time work for a friend who owns a small company and I know unless you are running a large business every single customer counts, as long as requests are reasonable it doesn't hurt to help them out every so often, give them a reason to come back.