• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Angels Clinch!

pimpin

My boys clinched a playoff spot today. Western Division Champions!!!!!!

Light up the Halo!!!!

Sports writers can all eat crow now since most picked the Mariners to win the division at the start of the season. They said the Angels would come in second after Seattle traded for Berdard (ignoring the fact they traded away 25 hr and 100 rbi's in Jose Guillen and did nothing to replace him). They said since the Angels lost their #2 starter in Escobar for the year and their #1 in Lackey would miss 2 months that they wouldn't make the playoffs.

Angels extreme depth has covered all the injuries and the pitching staff is awesome with all starters having 10+ wins.

Next up...Frankie demolishing the Save record, the Angels getting the best record in Baseball and over 100 wins......then off to the playoffs!

Go Angels!!

You won in a division of pure unadulterated crap. Yay?

I kid. Long time Rangers... uhh, fan? Can't really say "fan" bc we've never had anything to cheer for. Except when Nolan Ryan f*cked up Robin Ventura.

Good luck in the playoffs... I wonder what thats like. :whistling:

Who are the Angels?

They are the team that the Dodgers have a losing 38-30 record against.

They are the first team to clinch a playoff spot this year.

They are the team that is currently 38 games over .500

They are the team that is going to the playoffs for the 5th time in 7 years.

They are the team with the new mlb save record holder.

They are the team that has had an mvp and a cy young winner in the last 4 years.

They are the team that will possibly get 100 wins this year and possibly the best record in baseball.

They are the team that realized that Mike Scoiscia was a better managerial pick than davey johnson.

They are the team that has brought southern california baseball success in the last 9 years.

They are the team that was once a poor organization and have turned things around to become a winning organization.

They are the team where you can take your family to the stadium without worries of violence and rude drunken behavior.

Any more questions?

Who are the Angels?

They are the team that has had an mvp and a cy young winner in the last 4 years.

They are the team that will possibly get 100 wins this year and possibly the best record in baseball.

They are the team that realized that Mike Scoiscia was a better managerial pick than davey johnson.

They are the team that has brought southern california baseball success in the last 9 years.

They are the team that was once a poor organization and have turned things around to become a winning organization.

They are the team where you can take your family to the stadium without worries of violence and rude drunken behavior.

Any more questions?

I haven't seen you in awhile. Just in case you have forgotten, I hate you. :cool:

I'll be at your "sports bar" some time this week with the dirtbags...possibly tomorrow.

You love me.

Come down Thursday for the USC game chump.

Who are the Angels?

Any more questions?

Oh yeah..............those Angels. I forgot. I guess since they are always stuck down there in the Dodgers shadow I loose track of them. It must really be frustrating to be an Angel fan. I mean after so much success over the last 9 years and they still are looked upon like a Division II team here in SoCal. They went and hired as many ex-Dodgers as they could find to manage and coach the team and that didn't work. So then they went and won a championship and that didn't work. Finally they changed their name to Los Angeles Angels and that still didn't solve their one fundamental problem.....they're not the Dodgers! It's the same problem the Mets have, no matter how well they do, they will never be the Yankees (by the way, how's it gonna feel to see Frankie wearing a Yankee uniform next year?).

I do wish them luck this year in the playoffs, you know, the same way the varsity team always roots for the JV team to do well. :laugh:

Its not frustrating to be an Angels fan...Its great.

The Angels have a smart owner who has money, cares about the fans, and has a genius marketing plan. The Angels have a farm system where 6 of 7 teams made the postseason and free agents desire to play for them.

I was thinking its would be frustrating to have an owner who is broke and has to hock his parking lot in boston for money to run the team. It must be frustrating if the only Free Agent who said "its my dream to play for the Dodgers" was Jeff Kent.

(by the way, how's it gonna feel to see Frankie wearing a Yankee uniform next year?).

No problem. We have 3 guys that could step up with just as much talent and spend less money.
Who's closing for the Dodgers this week?

See Frankie isn't the basis of our bullpen or pitching...we have others doing a great job too. Which leads me to this question.......

How's it gonna feel to see Manny in a different uniform next season?

I could see how that will be frustrating...seeing he's the only one that can hit the ball. The Dodgers were batting .256 without him. Looks like the offense revolves around him. Whats next year gonna be like without him?

Seriously though, you think the GM saved his job with that trade? His track record has been really bad to that point...Pierre, Jones, schmidt, gonzales, etc. Did he save his job by pulling that off?

In the Dodgers shadow? Maybe in the past..... but the shadow gets lighter and lighter every year with another Angels winning season.

Oh and thanks for wishing the Angels luck in the playoffs. It will be nice for you to have a team to root for in oct....something I'm sure you're not used to for the last 20 years... :D

Do they still use the rally monkey?

I hate that monkey!!!!! :angry:

Yep, Rally Monkey is still around, although we haven't needed him as much this year.

I hate that monkey!!!!!

Too many bad memories of 2002?
Adam Kennedy 3 HR game and the Rally Monkey were big in that series.

:)

Yep, Rally Monkey is still around, although we haven't needed him as much this year.

I hate that monkey!!!!!

Too many bad memories of 2002?
Adam Kennedy 3 HR game and the Rally Monkey were big in that series.

:)

Could be something like that.

Hoping to see him again this year, if things work out. :whistling:

I've been rooting for the twins the last several days. I would much rather see the Twins go than White Sox.

I dislike the white sox and respect Ron Gardenhire as a manager.

Angels vs Boston tonight.

I'll try to post some pics after the game.

Go Angels!!!!!

They are the team that has lost 9 straight playoff games to the SOX

Doc.

Angels vs Boston tonight.

I'll try to post some pics after the game.

Go Angels!!!!!
Did you get a pic of Jason Bay's HR? I missed it. I was getting a beer.

Doc.

Man.... the angels blow. I guess we are the new Atlanta Braves...get to the playoffs but can't win.

The last 3 days have just sucked royal Balls. First my dad goes into the hospital which is stressful and sucks. The one thing I have to help me keep my head from exploding is the angels...and then they play like shit.

Bottom of the order can't hit, leadoff hitter goes 1 for 8 and our defense is horrible. You can't give a team 4 outs an inning an epect to win.

Now, I fully admit that the angels have played badly and don't deserve to win...but honestly, the red sox have not impressed me at all. I give them full credit for taking advantage of the Angels mistakes. Other than that, they aren't this spectacular team that was just steamrolling like in 2004.

Its not over, but the odds ain't in our favor, and I'm not holding my breath. My dads out of the hospital tomorrow which is good. Till sunday I guess......

Sorry to hear about your dad, Pimp. I hope he recovers quickly. Also, as a member of Red Sox Nation, I'd like to apologize for not kicking the Angels' ass in a more spectacular fashion.

Doc.