• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anna the Amanda

sibernation

Anna has finally agreed to move in. She is probably 40 yrs old and still cold as ice (to steal a line from alice cooper :p ). She is a curvey little thing with a box just right for my sticks. She is still pretty bright (when the door is open). She may cost a little more to keep mont by month,, but then again she has lots of experince. Now any one else out there that has turned a refer into a humi would tell me how I would appreciate it. :p

Try this link for a controller for the temp.

Controller

Be sure to use a good cleaner on the inside to get rid of any lingering food smells, but not something that's going to leave a smell of it's own.
Buy 2 lbs. of Vern's beads. Depending on your preference might want to rig a couple puter fans for circulation.

Ed, I've used that temp controller wascal posted above on a fridgador I had before my cabinet. If you need to use the frigeration to keep the temp below 70 I highly recommend you get this thermostat. If you are using the frigeration for cooling I also recommend you store your cigars inside of cigar boxes with the lids closed. The humidity drops significantly when the frigeration cycles on. Because this is usually a short cycle, the humidity inside the frig drops during the cooling and than returns to normal shortly after the cycle. Storing the cigars in boxes does not subject the cigars to the big swing in humidity as the air changes slower inside the boxes.

If the frigeration does not work and you're only using the box....there's not much you need to do. Clean it good.... I used water and baking soda over a three day period and aired dried it outside. I then stuck empty cigar boxes in it for a week. A lb or two of climmax beads (depending on the size) and you're set.

Finally, to help in keeping the humidity consistent, if you don't have the frig full of cigars ;) , put empty cigar boxes in there to fill it up. Not only does this take up space that doesn't have to be humidified but the boxes also help sustain the humidity. Let me know if you want to get all fancy and stuff. I rigged a couple of small fans in mine to move the air occassionally but it really wasn't needed.

Anna sounds like a real beauty good luck send pictures of her when you get finished ................... we love looking at family photos LOL ;)

BenjieV :D

sister, how about the mother, I like a little experience...... :sign: :sign: :sign: