• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Dog Got Hit

riverratt

Biglew
Tonight I was on the back porch smokin' a cigar when I heard another dog get hit. I sat there for a couple of minutes not wanting to go see. But, I decided I would go and see if I could help the dog. I went out front where the road is and could not find the dog. Just then the neighbor came out calling for his dog. I informed him that I heard a dog get hit. We looked for his dog but we could not find him. He must have got hit and ran off. Two dogs in less than a week hit on my road. This sucks.

man that does suck. i wouldnt even know what i would do if my dog were to get hit by a car

:angry: Dogs getting hurt really burns my ass... I'd rather hear that Michael Vick got hit by a car. Or better yet by Bubba in the butt!!

Time to take responsibility guys. If a dog gets hit by a car it's the OWNERS fault, not the dog's or the driver's.

NA

No one sets up to get their dog hit deliberately, and most people don't go out driving with the intent to hit a dog. Most owners do a damned fine job of keeping their dogs properly controlled through leashes, fences, or training. Unfortunately, it only takes one mistake to put your dog at risk, and it's a crying shame when it happens.

SamClemmons, you've got to admit that the responsibility is frequently shared between the owner and the driver. The owner should have kept his dog properly contained, and frequently the driver should not have been driving so fast.

No. It's always the owners fault. Always. As an owner it's your responsibility to keep your pet out of harms way. There are no exceptions. If your dog gets hit it's your fault not the driver.

NA

No. It's always the owners fault. Always. As an owner it's your responsibility to keep your pet out of harms way. There are no exceptions. If your dog gets hit it's your fault not the driver.

NA

I have to agree. If my dog was running loose, or got out accidentally. Whatever the reason, I could not hold the driver responsible in any way, even if they were speeding.

As someone who has been in both positions, it is certainly always the owners fault. I had a Husky of mine get hit when he found a way out of our backyard. If any of you know Husky's, you know they are smart dogs and love to roam and they find ways out of your yard if you are not careful enough. So I take full responsibility in that situation and I was very grateful the driver called me up from the number on his tags and I was able to get him to the vet and he made a full recovery. That was 10 yrs ago and he just died of natural causes this past year (at the grand old age of 15).

The time I hit a dog, it was a black dog on a dark night and he came rushing onto the street before I even knew that he was near. I was able to stop and only tapped him with the car. He ran off and I went searching for an hour trying to find him. So I am hoping that he turned out all right, because I never know what happened to him that night. I just hope he didn't get hit again. Good rule of thumb, no dog is to be trusted from finding an opportunity to run off, so be careful when having an unleashed dog that is by a road, you never know (squirrel, cat, ball, etc) what could cause them to run off into danger.