• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another drugged up athlete bites the dust

Did he admit it or just grow tried of fighting endless battles over it?

Don

Call me naieve but I don't think Lance is guilty. The organization that is investigating him is a private organization though powerful and influential. There is a large contingent of butthurt teams, their allies and influential figures that have a vested interest in seeing Lance's TdF wins struck, teams that were found guilty of doping etc themselves, or lost to him. I can understand that Lance would grow weary of fighting, despite countless vindications. I hope somebody takes up his cause on his behalf.

I am with Kid Montana on this one. He is sick to fighting and answering the same questions asked 1000 different ways. I am still a big fan of his and what he did for the sport and other causes is second to none. I don't care if he did dope, maybe that evened the playing field for all the other guys who didn't have cancer.... He is still a hero in my book.

You know that this method of doping was what every other cyclists was doing and His fellow riders said he was part of it.

He is a great athlete no doubt about it. Athletes more than any other occupation is society just can't seem to let their natural reign come to an end. The glory and the power to compete is to high.

He represents so much to so many, hopefully people can accept him as human and like CBoukal says- he is still a hero.

He never got caught and even the government found him not guilty. I'd need to see test results or video before I believe it. It is all just heresay without any proof.

When he came back a couple years ago, it got me to get on the bike. I dropped 90 pounds and likely added 10 years to my life. I assume he drugged (everybody did), but I don't care.

Never once tested positive. If they're going to ban him based strictly on hearsay, then what does it say about their testing methods? Cast doubts on all the riders and not just him.

In any case, he's raised a half BILLION dollars to curing cancer. Still a hero in my book.

Yep, I'm with most of you on this one. Never a positive test. Anything determined months or years later, especially without independent confirmation, is just BS. Like Ray says, "heresay without any proof".
G~