• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another retailer goes down the tubes

dav1041

Andy Sipowicz
I've purchased from here before, great service, no problems....then they had to go gouging Anejo's :( . Guess I won't be ordering from then anymore, their loss.

Jack Schwartz

I'm hoping that it's a mistake on their part. I mean WTF, all of them are the same price except the Sharls which are the cheapest? Something does not compute. ???

i noticed they were very high on the 1926 Padrons

Billy's a great guy -- while $17 a stick for those Añejos is a little high, they also are selling 'em on the Internet which is something you don't see every day. I'm not sure whether Billy was sent these from Fuente or what. I'll ask.

Down the tubes? I doubt it.

Billy, Eric and the rest of the crew is top notch, Everytime I have been there or ordered, they have/will bend over backwards for their customers. I will continue to buy from these guys (just maybe not Anejo's :) )
If you have ever been there you will know why they have been in business since 1921, and a store inside the Cicago Board and Trade is a class act.

I emailed them a while back about some LFD lancero's. They were only about 18 bucks over on the box then what I paided locally, but I don't have a tax in NH.

But those anejo prices are just crazy.

I have always been satisfied with Schwartz. They are a top notch retailer. Fast and frequent communications and good service. Selection and price are not bad either...aside from the aforementioned Anejos. As for the Paddy2KMaddy, buy 'em at that price!

Wilkey

I agree 100% that the Anejo box prices are steep to say the least. As far as the sharks, since there are five less per box, the 49 and 55 are higher per stick anyway (doesn't explain th eother sizes of course). I haven't been in there for a few weeks, but I know that Billy didn't have any Anejo boxes during the regular Fuente holiday season release (I asked him in late December). The only Anejos he had were the ones in the Fuente holiday sampler. Another Chicago shop, Iwan Ries, just received their shipment of Anejos two weeks ago however. Anyway, as has been previously mentioned in this thread, Billy et. al run a great shop and truly do take care of their customers. I for one hope that this doesn't put Billy in the gouger classification as he really is a great guy and his prices on most other lines are in check. Just my $0.02.

David

BTT..At least until I get email confirmation of the order I placed yesterday...

I just bought a box of GOF's from them and they were right in line with everyone else. Unless Fuente regulates the price. Seemed like a nice buisness to deal with.

I've always been satisfied with their service and prices, until I saw the Anejos. I find it frustrating because if Good places start gouging, eventually everyone will.