• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any EDM fans?

I think it's funny when people like a band until their hard work and talent finally pays off and they become "popular."

To each his own.

Is it about the music- or is it more than that?

No, it really is about liking the music you like. I think people take the anti-bandwagon idea a little to far.....

...David Guetta, is more pop-y, mainstream, marketable than he is talented. Again not to say he's bad, but not nearly as good as say the godfather of dubstep, Skream, who radio stardom wise is nowhere to be found. Funny enough,

Guetta is a totally different animal...he's 'house' all the way....and a VERY talented DJ. You couldn't go into a dance club anywhere in Europe in the late 80s, 90s, up to now and not hear his mixes. His music got people up to DANCE...plain & simple.

Skrillex definitely brought in some fresh sounds to the scene...just because someone becomes popular and gets a ton of airplay doesn't necessarily make them mainstream pop because he's way outa the box. I agree with you about Skream, but if his sh*t was that good, he'd get more airplay.

IMHO... :laugh:

I think it's funny when people like a band until their hard work and talent finally pays off and they become "popular."

To each his own.

Is it about the music- or is it more than that?

No, it really is about liking the music you like. I think people take the anti-bandwagon idea a little to far.....

...David Guetta, is more pop-y, mainstream, marketable than he is talented. Again not to say he's bad, but not nearly as good as say the godfather of dubstep, Skream, who radio stardom wise is nowhere to be found. Funny enough,

I agree with you about Skream, but if his sh*t was that good, he'd get more airplay.

That's definitely a strong argument, but I contend that talent is not the only requisite for radio stardom, another one of the many factors is mass appeal/marketability.
i.e. Since the Britney and Ricky Martin days at least, or maybe even further, there hasn't been many unattractive solo artists (outside of hip hip). I think there's definitely a link there that cannot be overlooked.