• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Gamers in the forum??

There was a code to turn off the walls. A code for unlimited ammo. And another for God mode.

Was pretty awesome to goof off with.

I still remember when PC FPS added the Z axis to the games. I hated it because it made me dizzy trying to find out who was shooting me from above.
Watch it Scap, you're showing your age :)
So what 2D game did you start with? For me I think it was Wolfenstein, which went 3D in 1992, quickly followed by Doom.
I loved it when things went 3D, those were some amazing times for personal computers!!!
Later on I really go into online gaming with a bunch of coworkers and Unreal Tournament... Those were some fun times.

Watch it Scap, you're showing your age :)
So what 2D game did you start with? For me I think it was Wolfenstein, which went 3D in 1992, quickly followed by Doom.
I loved it when things went 3D, those were some amazing times for personal computers!!!
Later on I really go into online gaming with a bunch of coworkers and Unreal Tournament... Those were some fun times.

Bought my first PC in 94.
Started with Doom 2. Remember how the mouse was your forward/back move input???? Holy crap that seems so archaic now.

Played that for a while, never really got into Duke, Unreal, Quake, or Descent. I did buy a few games like Myst and Riven. The graphics heavy puzzle games were great ways to burn time.

In 99, got my first DSL line and discovered Counter-Strike as an add-on to my Half Life game.

From there I was worthless for several years, as I joined a clan and we had matches pretty regular.

Pretty much stopped gaming after 9-11, as I couldn't stomach the Terrorist aspect of that game anymore.

Yeah, been a gamer for years. I spend most summer weekends on the porch with my PSP/Vita and a handful of good smokes. I also own a PS3 and Xbox One, but I do most of my online gaming on my PC these days. I play a lot of GTA and Boarderlands with my buddies. I'm thinking of starting Overwatch.

I LOVE UT99 I was in a clan called ^BOSS^
Awesome! I never was in a clan, but I did run my own private server for a couple years with lots of custom maps. For about a year we had a team grudge match going on between my coworkers and another group of coworkers from the company I used to work for.

Bought my first PC in 94.
Started with Doom 2. Remember how the mouse was your forward/back move input???? Holy crap that seems so archaic now.

Played that for a while, never really got into Duke, Unreal, Quake, or Descent. I did buy a few games like Myst and Riven. The graphics heavy puzzle games were great ways to burn time.

In 99, got my first DSL line and discovered Counter-Strike as an add-on to my Half Life game.

From there I was worthless for several years, as I joined a clan and we had matches pretty regular.

Pretty much stopped gaming after 9-11, as I couldn't stomach the Terrorist aspect of that game anymore.
I'm almost embarrassed at how much time I burned up gaming, in the old days. I experimented with all those you mentioned and more. It's been quite a few years since those times, I'd say I have only occasionally put my toe in every now and then over the past 10 years.

My task force was falling apart so I just started my own. Iron cauldron is its name.

Some Xbox One games, but tend towards rpgs. Just started Dragon Age Inquisition. Seriously into board games: Legendary, Dominion, Pandemic, Dead of Winter, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Shadows over Camelot, etc.

Does Clash of Clans count? Never been a big gamer outside of a few console sports games.