• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

any gin drinkers?

gixxer

Most of my friends claim to HATE gin so I'm usually on my own. Aside from Adios Mother****ers, Tanqueray 7-up and extra lime is my drink of choice.

I love Gin. Martini's and tonics are my favorites. Usually made with Bombay Saphire or Beefeater. I hate Gin with a cigar though, it just does not go together.

Love a good G&T in the summer. Prefer Saphire and Hendricks. the new Tang Rangpur is also pretty good.

I enjoy a good Gin as well. I like Tang 10 for my martinis and Bombay Sapphire for gin and tonic.

I was reading up on the Old Tom Gins and would be really interested in trying some. I don't think any are available in the US just yet.

Yup, another (1 out of 1000 lol) Hendricks fan here. In fact, Hendricks & Tonic being made as I type, complete with the cucumber slice!

All this talk makes me hope it gets nicer out here, it's so refreshing on a hot day.

Something about having a drink that tastes like gnawing on a juniper bush that just doesn't appeal to me.... if mixed with enough dry vermouth and with about 4-5 olives i can love a martini though....

Spirit of choice for me. Absolutely crave a good Martini often (I mix a Bombay Sapphire and Vermouth with a lemon rind garnish), as well as gin on the rocks.

Bombay or Beefeater's and tonic with a big wedge of lime is a summer staple. Sometimes a gin and grapefruit juice when it gets really hot.

In AVB's last buy, I got a bottle of Beefeater "Crown Jewel" which is their 100 proof premium gin. Not sold stateside, for some reason. Haven't even opened it yet; that will probably get shaken over ice with a drop or two of vermouth and served up nice in a martini glass..... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Not that I was going to buy any but I am curious to hear what you think of that Crown Jewel.

In AVB's last buy, I got a bottle of Beefeater "Crown Jewel" which is their 100 proof premium gin. Not sold stateside, for some reason. Haven't even opened it yet; that will probably get shaken over ice with a drop or two of vermouth and served up nice in a martini glass..... :cool:

Cheers - B.B.S.

Not that I was going to buy any but I am curious to hear what you think of that Crown Jewel.

Cheers - B.B.S.
I will absolutely post a review when I get into it; count on it. Thought I'd get a couple local staples and do a comparison..... :cool:

I'm a gin fan myself. Hendricks is a favorite, but my go-to gin is Beefeaters. A place here makes an awesome Hot and Dirty Martini, a g&t is always nice, and a Negroni before meals is a joy.

I have never tried Jendricks but my favorite is Boodles. Anyone else favor this one.

I never liked gin until yesterday that is. I've been drinking gin (bombay sapphire) and tonic and i must say it is quite tasty. It will be one of my go to drinks in the future. My buddy recommend hendricks so I'll be trying that next week. He was a bartender so I'm hoping it's as good as he says it is.

-Steven

I drank gin once. 1978 I believe it was. Never touched it since.

I'm not sure if the fact that the gin and the orange-ade we mixed it with were warm had anything to do with it or not but I can't even smell gin to this day without getting nauseous :laugh:

Yup, another (1 out of 1000 lol) Hendricks fan here. In fact, Hendricks & Tonic being made as I type, complete with the cucumber slice!

+1 :thumbs:

Was never a gin drinker or even remotely a fan of gin until Badger & Blade's "Speakeasy" subforum made Hendrick's their "Spirit of the Month" for July and I got . . . curious. ;)

I still don't really like any gin except THAT one. Hendrick's cucumber & tonics rock. And a Hendrick's Bulldog? Amazing. I may even get myself a shaker and some Noilly Prat and try a martini!

Do you muddle a slice in the bottom of the glass as well as garnish with one? It's fantastic that way.

~Boar

I'm a HUGE G and T drinker. I would take Bombay Sapphire over Tanqueray personally, but my GF likes the Tanqueray better. I think they're comparable in quality, but just taste different. Kinda like Pepsi and Coke. One isn't better than the other, but some people like one over the other.