• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any watch aficionados here?

Watches - Yes I do!

Everyday watch - Omega Co-Axial:
standard.jpg

The bracelet comes with a satin finish, but I polished the center link to give the watch a bit of a custom look.

With a cyrstal back:
standard.jpg

Dive watch - Dreadnought
standard.jpg

It's a custom watch (they only made 200). You can read about it here (scroll down a bit).

Special occasion pocketwatch - mid 1930's Illinois pocket watch that was my grandfathers. I've had it refurbished mechanically, but I kept the aged appearance on the dial and hands.
standard.jpg

Inside the pocket watch:
standard.jpg

My wife bought me an old, beat mid 1960's Omega Seamaster Chronometer which she had completely refurbished for me:
standard.jpg

Before I had a cigar thing, I had a watch thing...Cigars are much more affordable! :laugh:

Cheers,
Joe

I'll second the Citizen Skyhawk. Yes I can use most of the features. :)

Wife bought if for me as a wedding gift, because it had more things on it than any other watch at the time. :D

Also I am looking for a nice Patek or some sort, fully mechanical with an open body so you can observe all the gearworks.

Hey guys, when I was a kid I used to have a "Looney Tunes" watch that played "Take me out to the ball game", well my mom washed it one day (I left it in my pants pocket) and it was the last thing my grandfather ever gave me (he died a year later) and we've never been able to find that watch. We've looked everywhere but never found it. If anyone sees, has, knows, what I'm taking about, PM me.

Current watch is a Tag, but a Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Moon is on its way.

My wife got me this for our anniversary this past month:
AV003159A-vi.jpg

Everyday I wear this one:
jr308001l-vi.jpg

I've got a half dozen or so more, but hardly ever put them on as I am afraid I'll damage them. I wear this one for dressier occasions, though.
P5110007-vi.jpg

This is my favorite watch.1876/77 illinois solid 14k in mint+ condition.
thumb_DSCN0679.JPG
thumb_DSCN0684.JPG
thumb_DSCN0683.JPG
thumb_DSCN0690.JPG
thumb_DSCN0694.JPG

The wife got me this Breitling Colt for our five year anniversary in February:
Breitling-A1735006-G5-823A.jpg

Of course she didn't get it online though as Breitling does not authorize online sales.

I am death to watches so I wear a Fossil Blue, But I can hardly see the face since I constantly bang it. Done very well for me :laugh:

I have 21 watches now and need to quit buying them 'cause it cuts into my cigar budget! My favorite has to be a 1929 Ollendorf that runs perfect after I had it cleaned. I just love the look of it. There's just something about having a watch on your wrist that you can hear ticking. I have a 1960's Lucien Picard Automatic at the shop right now being restored. I like that retro look.

Hey SkrGrl - That's part of the deal of getting a nice watch...the crystals can really take the abuse. The cyrstal on my watch is a man-made sapphire and I've whacked the crap out of it. So far, everything I've whacked it against has come up the loser. It will scratch almost anything...I've peeled metal and paint off a railing with it. I had to take a Dremel tool with a buffing pad to the crystal to get the paint off the crystal. I have worn the watch everyday for 2 years and it still looks brand new!

I had to bring this one back as I've been on a watch buying binge lately. Besides cigars, and sctoch, I also love Omegas :cool:

My everyday wear stainless Omega Seamaster Cosmic with Date complication
dd_1.jpg

A nice gold fill Day/Date complication Seamaster
15100621.jpg

My girlfriends new gold Omega Ladymatic with Date complication
1b07_12.jpg

Rolex Datejust

Look, it's Bobby'ritz' watch...how cute! :whistling:

I know...Rambo should never have released this info...it might compromise his gruff existence.
Not true. The most popular watch for SOG operators back in the 'Nam was Rolex. It only makes sense that Rambo would have one.

I have a good friend who has a completely rebuilt GMT that was worn by an operator the entire time he was involved in the conflict. It came back in parts in a box. With the help of a good jeweler it is in masterful condition.

Astronauts wear Omega and SOGs wear Rolex. :cool:

My early 60's piepan Constellation.

000_0271.jpg

My everyday 'nice' watch, an Invicta chrono

000_0272.jpg

With matching Sig's of course.