• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any watch aficionados here?

Most recent:
DSC02635-vi.jpg

My watch, but mine is Gray:

cd20386791e144d88bd45760c82d9da6.image.195x300.jpg
you can't kill those g-shocks. i remember when they first cae out, the tv commercial was a hockey player slap shotting it into a goalies glove. pretty effective ad. personally, i haven't worn a watch in 6 yrs, i have a clock on my computer, my cell phone, in the dash of my car, and on the radio display in my car. my co-worker has a watch fetish, he has 3 rolexes, 3 omega's, and some french name tisseut (?).

Rolex Datejust

Look, it's Bobby'ritz' watch...how cute! :whistling:

I know...Rambo should never have released this info...it might compromise his gruff existence.
Not true. The most popular watch for SOG operators back in the 'Nam was Rolex. It only makes sense that Rambo would have one.

I have a good friend who has a completely rebuilt GMT that was worn by an operator the entire time he was involved in the conflict. It came back in parts in a box. With the help of a good jeweler it is in masterful condition.

Astronauts wear Omega and SOGs wear Rolex. :cool:

Take that Gary! :)

This is a photo of a watch that looks like mine. The face on mine has been replaced and is 108 yrs old. Works great, as long as I remember to wind it everyday.

3328Elgin2.jpg

Doc.

This is a photo of a watch that looks like mine. The face on mine has been replaced and is 108 yrs old. Works great, as long as I remember to wind it everyday.

3328Elgin2.jpg

Doc.

Doc how do you wind a watch and where does the battery go?

Of all people, you two ain't exactly spring chickens.

Doc.

Watches are a passion of mine as well. Really have way to many list here. But, a few -

My near-daily watch:

cw2113.fc6183.jpg

Another frequently worn one:

omega_steel_seamaster_full_auto_c.JPG

Generally what I wear when out on my boats, but mine is the all-black mil. spec edition:

x-lander.jpg

I also have this I wear routinely...the one on the far right of the add...

movado.jpg

Been wearing my Jaeger LeCoutlre Master Moon daily since I got it last April. I only do not wear it travelling (Wear my Tag when travelling, so as not to bring such a pricey watch out of the country, and the Tag is also much easier to adjust for time zones), and hiking, wear I wear a sturdy beater watch. Am currently looking for a US Military issue WITH TRITIUM, the more "basic" and old fashioned looking type. It should only cost about $100 bucks, if you can find them.

Have this one as well that I wear frequently, and has been with me in more situations than I can recount. Has been faithful, reliable and tough as nails (it actually retired my GShock):

Traser P6504

Linky

I love watches...this is what I currently wear but with a blue strap...
413MM9B80SL._SS500_.jpg

Brian

I have a Festina given to me by my wife. Do any of you watch aficionados know were to get it refurbished? I've had it for a while and its a little banged up, I would like to get it "tuned up", if you know what I mean. Festina's site sucks. Does anybody know a reputable dealer in the US? Preferably, east coast since I'll be shipping from PR.

Thanks,

Boricua

I have not worn a watch in prolly 10 years. Have a cell phone on 1 side, a pager on the other. Don't go 15 minutes without having to hoist one of them. Besides, everywhere I turn, there's a clock of some sort.

I agree with the poster above please rate me a 1!!

Nixon's are by far my fav watch. I have the woodgrain beauty like above, as well as the LE gold player, like the one in the bottom row except 24k gold with black face and thats a real diamond at the 6.

Tag's are nice, my brothers got a really nice one but I'd rather buy another motorcycle to be honest.